Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: svtProdigy noble 3.0 fuel rail - 02/25/06 06:59 PM
i have a issue with the 3.0 fuel rail cause i am using oval port lower and upper intake manifolds. I need a lot of volume for what i am doing. The 3.0 fuel rail is actually too small and much smaller than the svt. Now i saw a picture of a noble and had a larger volume fuel rail and fit the oval port manifolds. This definatley seems like a solution to my problem. Does anyone disagree? Where could i get something like this? Is there a reason why this might not work?

Posted By: svtProdigy Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 02/25/06 07:26 PM
anyone have a picture of a stock 3.0 fuel rail they can post?
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 02/26/06 01:00 AM
it looks like any returnless fuel rail...and i thought you gave up on your project a long time ago???
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 02/26/06 01:01 AM
it looks like any returnless fuel rail...and i thought you gave up on your project a long time ago???you went from posting....way to much ,to never posting
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 02/26/06 01:02 AM
De ja vue!!!!!!

Nice to see ya back Brian...Got the car back home yet at least?
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 02/26/06 01:44 AM
Originally posted by tour96SeVT:
it looks like any returnless fuel rail...and i thought you gave up on your project a long time ago???

I really don't give up on anything. It took to sets of pistons at diamond to get them right and then they didn't make rings for them so i had to have totalseal make a set for the pistons. Every things is together just alot of details left. I need a oil pan, fuelrail and a waterpump
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 02/26/06 02:02 AM
nice,glad to hear you didnt give up,sounded/looked like you were in the middle of making a monster
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 02/26/06 04:08 AM
Sure as hell doesn't look like my returnless fuel rail:

Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 02/26/06 04:17 AM
I've never seen that rail before...but with the escape and the taurus...the fuel rails are all pretty similar.
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 02/26/06 09:30 AM
The one on the noble is a returnless escape fuel rail and the one on the mazda 6 is the same rail as the one on the st220's along with the LIM
Posted By: PuckPuck_dup1 Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 02/26/06 07:14 PM
does the mazda 6 fuel rail, bolt up to any of the oval port LIMs. I always through their injector locations were the same, but that last post is leading me to beleive they aren't....
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 02/27/06 04:13 AM
Originally posted by PuckPuck:
does the mazda 6 fuel rail, bolt up to any of the oval port LIMs. I always through their injector locations were the same, but that last post is leading me to beleive they aren't....

Same injector positioning and I beleive it bolts up the the plastic LIMs
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 02/27/06 04:51 AM
Originally posted by 96BlackSE:
Originally posted by PuckPuck:

Same injector positioning and I beleive it bolts up the the plastic LIMs

Same old plastic UIM from what I know.
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 02/28/06 03:28 AM
does the mazda 6 rail have more volume than escape rail and will it work with the 2000 svt
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 02/28/06 01:16 PM
None of the oval port 3L's fuel rails bolt up to the Contour. That's why the 2 have to be brazed together.
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 02/28/06 01:39 PM
IIRC Escape's returnless fuel rail will bolt up to a returnless contour no problems with no brazing

The escape fuel rail makes modding the fuel rail for return applications much easier, since you just have to run the return line... On the feed side of the rail you just take the c-clip off the existing fuel pressure looking thing and cap the hole by welding it, then you run your line and put the return fuel pressure regulator on it
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 02/28/06 01:54 PM
IIRC Escape's returnless fuel rail will bolt up to a returnless contour no problems with no brazing

I haven't had my coffee yet. I forgot 99+ had returnless jsut because I'm so used to talking about modifying the two together because most are return. Are the interfaces between the FR and line the same on the returnless Escape/Taurus/Contour? It would be nice to have a 99+ for a 3L swap. Just have to mod the TB and EGR.
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 02/28/06 07:20 PM
Originally posted by todras:
None of the oval port 3L's fuel rails bolt up to the Contour. That's why the 2 have to be brazed together.

I am using oval poert manifolds..i reallize they have to be brazed but i need them to bolt to the lower
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 02/28/06 07:23 PM
That's why you join them. The 3L sectoin bolts to the 3L LIM. Are you being serious or do you not have any clue of what you are doing?
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 02/28/06 07:28 PM
That's why you join them. The 3L section bolts to the 3L LIM. Are you being serious or do you not have any clue of what you are doing?

I don't think you realize what this thread is about...

I no exactly what needs to be done but i need a higher volume rail! Like from the noble or svt. The escape rail just does not cut it. Once i find out what will work then i will braze the two together.
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 03/01/06 02:55 AM
Originally posted by svtProdigy:
That's why you join them. The 3L section bolts to the 3L LIM. Are you being serious or do you not have any clue of what you are doing?

I no exactly what needs to be done but i need a higher volume rail! Like from the noble or svt. The escape rail just does not cut it. Once i find out what will work then i will braze the two together.

I would have to say the Mazda6 rail is the higher volume rail, seems larger than any other Duratec rail I have seen in person. Though never cutting one open, I can't say for sure and can't tell you what all modifications you need to make it work.
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 03/01/06 07:08 AM
Thanks that is exactly the info I was looking for.
Posted By: Stazi Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 03/01/06 05:52 PM
What volume of fuel can you possibly be running that needs such a huge rail? You didn't buy those 96# injectors that one clown was saying he was going to install, did you?
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 03/01/06 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:
What volume of fuel can you possibly be running that needs such a huge rail? You didn't buy those 96# injectors that one clown was saying he was going to install, did you?

It was 42lb injectors.. Not a huge rail..The escape fuel rail is so thin compared to the svt so i figured i needed one comparible to it.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 03/01/06 06:09 PM

It was 42lb injectors.. Not a huge rail..The escape fuel rail is so thin compared to the svt so i figured i needed one comparible to it.

No no no...the rail will be fine with the 42# injectors. My question tho is whether or not you know that the returnless rail needs to be modified in order for it to work with your car!
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 03/01/06 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Twisted6:

I would have to say the Mazda6 rail is the higher volume rail, seems larger than any other Duratec rail I have seen in person. Though never cutting one open, I can't say for sure and can't tell you what all modifications you need to make it work.

THis has been covered..I realize it needs to be modified..I just want the best fuel rail for my application to modify. thanks for the concern though.
Posted By: Blackcoog_dup1 Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 03/01/06 06:24 PM
There shouldn't be any issues with the escape rail. It is much easier to modify than the Taurus or Sable rails.
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 03/01/06 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Blackcoog:
There shouldn't be any issues with the escape rail. It is much easier to modify than the Taurus or Sable rails.

this is notthe issue here. I know its easier and what i have will bolt down. My concern is this:Re: fuel rail

As long as the rail is not smaller diameter then the incoming fuel line you will not have a lower power potential.

i beleive its smaller.
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 03/01/06 06:42 PM

The escape rail is much bigger than the SVT rail just to let you know
As i said before the first pic you posted is the ESCAPE fuel rail...
Posted By: Blackcoog_dup1 Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 03/01/06 07:07 PM
The over all inner diameter is larger on the escape rail but I think the wall thickness is slightly smaller. I'm not sure what your more concerned with. Either will work with 42lb injectors as other's have shown.
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 03/01/06 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Blackcoog:
The over all inner diameter is larger on the escape rail but I think the wall thickness is slightly smaller. I'm not sure what your more concerned with. Either will work with 42lb injectors as other's have shown.

does this look bigger to you?
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 03/02/06 01:08 PM
Does that look like an Escape rail???

THE FIRST PIC YOU POSTED IS THE ESCAPE RAIL

THAT LAST PICTURE IS A TAURUS RAIL!

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 03/02/06 01:45 PM
Werd. Prodigy got owned. How large is the diameter of the stock fuel lines from the tank? Pretty small right? So how is a larger FR going to change anything?
Posted By: Stazi Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 03/02/06 02:33 PM
Falling to the prey of "it must make more power cos it's bigger!" trick.
Posted By: Swazo Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 03/02/06 02:35 PM
One could always run new lines with the -AN adapters for the fuel rails.
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 03/02/06 05:13 PM
Falling to the prey of "it must make more power cos it's bigger!" trick.

Maybe he is planning on running Alky or Nitro and just doesn't want to come right out and tell you what he has in mind. Tip enough nitro into the tank and you just may wish the fuel lines were bigger.
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 03/02/06 06:08 PM

my bad....my last shop says it was from a escape. anyone have an escape rail for sale then
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 03/03/06 02:32 AM

my bad....my last shop says it was from a escape. anyone have an escape rail for sale then

Yeah, I'll sell you an escape rail. You want injectors too?
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 03/03/06 02:39 AM
Originally posted by warmonger:

Only if they're 96#
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: noble 3.0 fuel rail - 03/03/06 03:17 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:
Originally posted by warmonger:

Only if they're 96#

Nope, I think 69# are MUUUUCH better.
© CEG Archives