Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Icefury_dup1 3.0 Ford Fusion Oil Pan - 02/02/06 07:55 PM
When ordering my 5L8E pan the other day, I Checked with Bill Jenkins to see if the Ford Fusion 3.0 was using a more revised oil pan than the 5L8E. The part number is diffrent and Bill has ordered a Fusion oil pan to compare side by side to the 5L8E. He recieved the Fusion pan and will be posting pics and price as soon as he can.

Just thought I'd pass this on...
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: 3.0 Ford Fusion Oil Pan - 02/02/06 08:57 PM
Posted By: Pole120 Re: 3.0 Ford Fusion Oil Pan - 02/02/06 09:04 PM
Originally posted by todras:

Werd
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: 3.0 Ford Fusion Oil Pan - 02/02/06 10:18 PM
Greg, Did You Make It To Minnesota Ok?? How Did The New Lines Hold Up???
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: 3.0 Ford Fusion Oil Pan - 02/11/06 08:31 PM
Any updates?
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: 3.0 Ford Fusion Oil Pan - 02/11/06 09:14 PM
Can someone PM me when they get this up? The Mazda6 people are curious on this too, if there is more baffling.
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: 3.0 Ford Fusion Oil Pan - 02/14/06 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Icefury:
When ordering my 5L8E pan the other day, I Checked with Bill Jenkins to see if the Ford Fusion 3.0 was using a more revised oil pan than the 5L8E. The part number is diffrent and Bill has ordered a Fusion oil pan to compare side by side to the 5L8E. He recieved the Fusion pan and will be posting pics and price as soon as he can.

Just thought I'd pass this on...

Knowing our luck with ford they probably revised it back to what it was on the 3.0 liter Tauras/Sable lol.....But seriously, keep us posted...it would be intresting to see what else they can do to an oil pan that has been revised...3 times i believe....maybe only 2.....if it seems better, i may just give it a try.

Lupe
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: 3.0 Ford Fusion Oil Pan - 03/06/06 03:17 AM
and the verdict is...
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: 3.0 Ford Fusion Oil Pan - 03/06/06 06:58 PM
I Just Sent An E-mail To Bill Reminding Him That Icefury And I Were Still Waiting On The Word. I'm Sure He Is Busy This Time Of Year. He Said He Had To Order The Fusion Pan Due To Not Having Any On Hand. Then He Could Look At It For Improvements And Compatability. I Asked That He Reply Here In This Thread For Everyone To See.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: 3.0 Ford Fusion Oil Pan - 03/06/06 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I Just Sent An E-mail To Bill Reminding Him That Icefury And I Were Still Waiting On The Word. I'm Sure He Is Busy This Time Of Year. He Said He Had To Order The Fusion Pan Due To Not Having Any On Hand. Then He Could Look At It For Improvements And Compatability. I Asked That He Reply Here In This Thread For Everyone To See.

How The Flicken Do You Type Like This!?!?

When I ordered some parts from bill he told me about this...but that was some time ago.
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: 3.0 Ford Fusion Oil Pan - 03/07/06 04:07 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

How The Flicken Do You Type Like This!?!?

When I ordered some parts from bill he told me about this...but that was some time ago.

iT iS aBOUT aS eASY aS tYPING lIKE tHIS.

lEAVE hIM aLONE, hE iSN'T gOING tO cHANGE.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: 3.0 Ford Fusion Oil Pan - 03/07/06 03:09 PM
Initial Caps Are Da Bomb Yo!
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: 3.0 Ford Fusion Oil Pan - 03/09/06 01:23 AM
I was told by ford if there was any change to the pan there would be a buletin on the change in the computer. He said there wasn't. I talked to him about the part number and he told me the same part can have a different part number. He said it had to do with the year car the part was for.
Posted By: Bill J. at Team Ford Re: 3.0 Ford Fusion Oil Pan - 03/14/06 06:34 PM
Originally posted by svtProdigy:
I was told by ford if there was any change to the pan there would be a buletin on the change in the computer. He said there wasn't. I talked to him about the part number and he told me the same part can have a different part number. He said it had to do with the year car the part was for.

WRongo!!!!

If the part fits other vehicles and other years, IT WILL have the same part #. Example, 5L8Z-6675-AA the current pan for the Contour is listed for the Contour, Cougar, & Escape. Yes if the part was replaced, it would show. But the part # would be the same for ever car it fit. If there is a difference on the part #, there is something different. It may fit, but on item is different.

Posted By: svtProdigy Re: 3.0 Ford Fusion Oil Pan - 03/14/06 07:04 PM
Pictures!
Posted By: Bill J. at Team Ford Re: 3.0 Ford Fusion Oil Pan - 03/14/06 07:08 PM
Here are the photos I took of the pans. The top on is the Fusion, the bottom is the current 2.5-3.0L style.

Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: 3.0 Ford Fusion Oil Pan - 03/14/06 07:38 PM
Looks like they bumped the capacity nicely. Unfortunately it ain't gonna work for our exhaust routing.

Rick
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: 3.0 Ford Fusion Oil Pan - 03/15/06 12:05 AM
Yup!!!! That Sucks!!!! And No Baffling In The Pan Either. However There's Also Not That Hump That The Oil Must Travel Down To Get To The Pickup. So Maybe Ford Figures If The Oil Stays Completely In Bottom Of The Pan During Drain Back, The Pickup Won't Be Inhaling Nothing.

Never Mind My Above ^^^^^^^. I Just Noticed That The Hump Changed Sides. But Still No Baffling?? I Guess The Fusion 3L Doesn't Warrant An Upgrade In Pans From Even The Escape Version. Or Perhaps That Is Yet To Be Seen.
© CEG Archives