Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: ArizonaDynoChip 24lb Injector Thread READ!! - 01/27/06 08:47 PM
A few Hybrid chip ordering folks lately have been having problems with there custom programs they receive from us. The problem is many people believe that they have 24lb injectors when they do not. Here is a list of 2003 3.0L 4V Ford Taurus box codes and the injectors they come with.

2003 Ford Taurus

Box Code Injector Size
OLV1 16lb
RXR1 22lb
ITW2 21lb
AEA2 21lb
NCB0 21lb

Injector color does not matter. I have seen white, black, pink, green, in 16lb, 19lb size. I hope this helps make people more aware of thier injector sizes before ordering a chip then freaking out about how it doesnt work right.

Arizona Dyno Chip
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! - 01/27/06 09:05 PM
Shawn,

Do you have a list of the injector part #'s themselves? I would bet that 99% of the people will not know the box code for the car their engines came from including myself. I would also bet that it's not necessarily something the junkyards keep on file to cross reference.

Rick
Posted By: fordrule Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! - 01/27/06 09:25 PM
yes please post the PN. I have my inj from my 02 sable motor sitting here waiting to install and would be very much interested if these are in fact 24. I have the svt 19 in now
Posted By: ArizonaDynoChip Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! - 01/27/06 10:00 PM
I wish I did. I had a pretty hard time coming up with just the box codes. I have called my guy at ford and they are just as lost as we are when it comes to color, part numnber, ect. All we can do is start a sticky and people can post which ones they know they have with teh part number listed on the side of the injector. From there we can all come up with a master list. Any other ideas???

Shawn
Posted By: touredon Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! - 01/27/06 10:45 PM
Am I ever glad to see this thread!

I have been keenly aware of this issue as I am one of Shawn�s customers experiencing difficulty.

I want to be clear on something though. While ADC has not been the most responsive company I�ve ever dealt with, Shawn has made every effort to resolve these issues and I�m certain that my experiences are not par for the course. I�m just frustrated with the apparent lack of proper information, and what appears to be constant speculation that is thrown about as fact.

All I can say is that my engine came from a 2003 Taurus SEL Wagon. Box code? Not a clue, and I wouldn�t begin to know where that could be obtained.

Injectors are dark grey, blue ââ?¬Ë?oââ?¬â?¢-rings, exactly like the picââ?¬â?¢s Iââ?¬â?¢ve seen on here identified by several of the regs as 24# injectors. I canââ?¬â?¢t really get to them easily for a part number, as the car is in daily service and takin apart the top end on a cold winterââ?¬â?¢s day is not my idea of fun.

Sorry for the long post.

John.
Posted By: Blackcoog_dup1 Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! - 01/27/06 10:51 PM
Don't you have a 96 Contour? Why would you be using the returnless injectors anyway? I think I have about 8 sets of injectors from the varous 3L swaps I've done. It would be nice to figure out which are which.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! - 01/27/06 11:10 PM
For $90 + shipping to them, you can find out for sure: http://www.witchhunter.com/index.htm

$15/injector includes return shipping
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! - 01/28/06 12:45 AM
Well, this is very good information.

Since you have a 2003 taurus/sable motor, and none of the injectors listed were 24#, then I'd guess you don't have 24#
Assuming you can't find the right part number and rating, Take stab right in the middle of that list and you would probably be close.
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! - 01/28/06 03:11 AM
John,
If your injectors say 4260 283 2f1e 11 on them they are 24#

But I think even if your injectors were 21# and you had a tune for 24# injectors your car would run ok

Posted By: touredon Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! - 01/28/06 01:29 PM
THX for the info Nima!

Now, where are all the gurus jumping up n down to challange this info? Afterall, whats being said here goes against everything thats been posted on the subject.

I know there are some of you who work for Ford and could possibly set some things straight. I'm hopefull that one of you can jump in here and provide us with factual data regarding injector sizes on 3.0L duratecs.

Demon? I'm sure you have some thoughts...

Procyon (sry for the spelling) you have always been a source for amazing bits of information. Can you look this up?

CEG has been a great resource, but lets put this 'urban legand' to rest eh? I'd hate to see someone else waste the money I have on shipping and border charges, not to mention close to 4 months trying to get this right.

THX again guys... I hope someone can shine some light onto this.

Regards,

John.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! - 01/28/06 02:49 PM
What do you mean challenging current information and us jumping up and down?

I don't think anyone has professed to know what the new taurus injectors really are. I think Todras has said that the Escape inj. are 19# and the newer Taurus are 24# but that wasn't carved in stone.
I know my Taurus injectors are 24# because I looked up the part number.
So really, until we get some serial numbers and post the list again, I don't see this as anything other than a bit of good, added information.
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! - 01/28/06 04:07 PM
I flowed the escape and taurus injectors i had and they turned out to be 19 and 24 respectively

John, if you want I can send you over my chip since I'm not driving my car and you can try it out?

Ohh and as far as I know the ford dealers don't have flow rate infos
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! - 01/28/06 05:17 PM
I'm one of the folks that has posted a few times the Ford manual stated the newer returnless 3L 4V injectors were 21lbs. This even as recently as last week or so IIRC. There was also a big post about it quite a while ago started by a NECO member. (he posted a scan from the manual but I don't know what year or model)

I've had no problems with tuning mine (from an 02 Taurus) and have my injector slopes at 24/28. My final A/F is nearly identical to what I am commanding with the fuel tables. Of course I have the cat temp switch off and a couple other "fuel" nannies.

I don't see anything wrong with running 21lb injectors on a 3L because you are never going to max their potential Normally Aspirated. However I do agree you need to know what size they are to program for them.
Posted By: 5speed3.0SE�® Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! - 01/28/06 08:38 PM
well since i have my fuel rail off for leaking issues and since i also have tuning issues with adc, ill post my PN's here:

the ones i have currently on my 3L:

YL8E-B2A

and another set i had on a spare motor:

YF1E-A2C

so if anyone knows what size those guys are let me know...
Posted By: touredon Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! - 01/28/06 10:10 PM
What year and model did the engines come from?
Posted By: 5speed3.0SE�® Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! - 01/28/06 10:21 PM
Originally posted by 5speed3.0SE�®:
well since i have my fuel rail off for leaking issues and since i also have tuning issues with adc, ill post my PN's here:

the ones i have currently on my 3L (01' taurus):

YL8E-B2A

and another set i had on a spare motor (00' taurus motor):

YF1E-A2C

corrected*
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! - 01/28/06 11:44 PM
This is another one I know

YL8E-C7B (2004 Escape) 19 lb/hr

the ones i have currently on my 3L (01' taurus):

YL8E-B2A

and another set i had on a spare motor (00' taurus motor):

YF1E-A2C

i just had these two different injectors flowed....

YL8E-B2A
these flowed 19 lb/hr

YF1E-A2C
these flowed 25 lb/hr

hth in getting a list compiled...
just had these two different injectors flowed....

YL8E-B2A
these flowed 19 lb/hr

YF1E-A2C
these flowed 25 lb/hr

These were flowed at 45 PSI for anyone who cares.
Yes we care, thanks.
Originally posted by SvtTour98.5-3:
just had these two different injectors flowed....

YL8E-B2A
these flowed 19 lb/hr

YF1E-A2C
these flowed 25 lb/hr

These were flowed at 45 PSI for anyone who cares.

That makes a big difference!

Back calculating that makes them 17lb & 22lb injectors at the "Ford" rating. Ford rates at ~40psi.
Posted By: RodneyBur Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! updated - 03/07/06 05:11 PM
Here's a couple sites to help find out what size injectors you have:

http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tableifc.htm

http://witchhunter.com/injectordata1.htm

http://witchhunter.com/injectorcalc1.htm
Posted By: RodneyBur Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! updated - 03/07/06 05:29 PM
Can someone tell me if these injectors are high or low impedance?
High
Posted By: RodneyBur Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! updated - 03/07/06 07:08 PM
thanks.

here's a page for the curious:
http://sdsefi.com/injectors.htm
Posted By: touredon Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! updated - 03/09/06 04:56 PM
Sorry I have not had the time to followup on this but here is what i've found.

OK, so i've talked to many dealerships, and each of them only has one (1) listing for replacement injectors for an 03 24V Taurus... CM-5082 (Ford Canada replacement part number)

Why am i being told by ADC that there are 5 when several Ford dealerships all claim there is only the one? I even asked if there was any record of box code having an impact.

So I don't know who to believe. If what ADC stated is in fact true, then why would ford not have any caviot that warns of different parts required for a different boxcode?

Damnit all i want os for this thing to run right. If someone's going to advertize as a professional with a solution, then it should work. I'm starting to get the feeling that the ADC chip will not work, they do not have the experience they claim, and they do not follow up with their customers to ensure satisfaction, which on something as custom as this, should be a given.

ADC..

j.

Posted By: Hightower GT Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! updated - 03/09/06 06:21 PM
Originally posted by touredon:

OK, so i've talked to many dealerships, and each of them only has one (1) listing for replacement injectors for an 03 24V Taurus... CM-5082 (Ford Canada replacement part number)

Why am i being told by ADC that there are 5 when several Ford dealerships all claim there is only the one? I even asked if there was any record of box code having an impact.

So I don't know who to believe. If what ADC stated is in fact true, then why would ford not have any caviot that warns of different parts required for a different boxcode?

Damnit all i want os for this thing to run right. If someone's going to advertize as a professional with a solution, then it should work. I'm starting to get the feeling that the ADC chip will not work, they do not have the experience they claim, and they do not follow up with their customers to ensure satisfaction, which on something as custom as this, should be a given.

ADC..

j.

That's a fairly ignorant post ya got there.

Canada..
Posted By: Avey Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! updated - 03/09/06 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Bohica:

ADC..

j.

Canada..

One person represents a country for you?

Canada...

touredon if the tune you have now is for 24lb injectors then just buy some from a junk yard and call it a day. Pick up a set from a 99 Taurus 3.0L they only came with 24lb injectors. You'll have to swap back your return style injectors clips.

Posted By: touredon Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! updated - 03/09/06 08:43 PM

ADC..

j.

Canada..

Please, explain how this is ignorant? I'd really like to see your reasoning behind you claim of ignorace.
Perhaps it is you who is ignorant. Did you even read the post?
do what i did and have a set flowed, then you and adc will know what size they are...
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! updated - 03/09/06 09:58 PM

ADC..

j.

Canada..

Please, explain how this is ignorant? I'd really like to see your reasoning behind you claim of ignorace.
Perhaps it is you who is ignorant. Did you even read the post?

Yes, I read your damn post. That's why I responded to it, idiot!

ADC actually did the research and came onto the CEG board to provide us with information. You have NO idea what experience ADC has with these cars and therefore, you are ignorant in your post. You know not what you speak of. You are asking Ford dealerships to tell you what injectors are replacements for 3L Taurus engine? Try ordering them from the same dealerships you called and see what ACTUALLY comes in the box!

If you want it to be done right, get your injectors, figure out what the flow rate is, THEN get your chip. Don't say "I'm going to use 24#'ers, so program my chip that way" then get some 19#'ers.

You are publicly questioning ADC's competency based on your own dumbass assumptions.
Posted By: ViggenPower Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! - 03/09/06 11:49 PM
Ok, everyone pay attention to me for 1 sec.

I work for Denso, the same company that makes our injectors.

I eat lunch with the guy who designed them.

Send my the part numbers/start a list, and I will tell you everything you would ever want to know about your injectors.

If someone comes to me with a list of 15 part numbers instead of 15 different people turning in 1, that would be great.

That is all.

-Tim
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! - 03/09/06 11:59 PM
How about a deal on some spark plugs instead .

Anyways I thought most of our injectors were made by Bosch. Ford racing injectors are Bosch as well I beleive
Posted By: RodneyBur Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! - 03/10/06 01:26 AM
Here is a little info I got from a Tuarus forum:

Earlier 3L Duratecs (96-99 split port) used 24lbs injectors with a narrow spray pattern. After 2000 all 3L Duratecs began using 19lbs injectors with a wide spray pattern.

I suggest you rewire your harness for returnless style injectors and use 96-99 Taurus injectors (24lbs and light blue). Since you plan to run NO2. Also use a 96-99 3L MAF to match the injectors.

The 96-99 3L Duratec is return fuel, but uses the later stlye injectors like the 2000+ returnless Contour/Cougar. They are 24lbs and designed for split ports. The 2000+ 3L's are 19lbs and intended for oval ports.

and can be found at the following link.

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=30284&hl=

It was posted in January so I guess I have been holding out on you all.
Posted By: ViggenPower Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! - 03/10/06 12:30 PM
Well, if you have them, look on the side of the plastic housing. If it is a Denso part, it will probably say Denso on it.

Regardless, if I have the part numbers, I can give you the list. My chart is a Ford generated chart, not Denso made.

-Tim
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! - 03/10/06 01:09 PM
Originally posted by RodneyBur:
Here is a little info I got from a Tuarus forum:

Earlier 3L Duratecs (96-99 split port) used 24lbs injectors with a narrow spray pattern. After 2000 all 3L Duratecs began using 19lbs injectors with a wide spray pattern.

I suggest you rewire your harness for returnless style injectors and use 96-99 Taurus injectors (24lbs and light blue). Since you plan to run NO2. Also use a 96-99 3L MAF to match the injectors.

The 96-99 3L Duratec is return fuel, but uses the later stlye injectors like the 2000+ returnless Contour/Cougar. They are 24lbs and designed for split ports. The 2000+ 3L's are 19lbs and intended for oval ports.

Someone needs to read the injector spray post in regards to spray pattern...they are related and...if you use your noodle you can see which injectors it would be better to use in a oval port that has had its injector position compromised re 'spray angle'.....

and can be found at the following link.

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=30284&hl=

It was posted in January so I guess I have been holding out on you all.

Posted By: touredon Re: 24lb Injector Thread READ!! - 03/11/06 12:24 AM
Originally posted by RodneyBur:

QUOTE Spridget

Eureka!

That's the answer we've been looking for.

TY Rodney & Spridget
© CEG Archives