Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: todras_dup1 Price on Noble oil pan - 09/11/04 01:33 PM
Is $900! Fired off an email yesterday and got a call at 9am today! Now that's service! The guy on the phone said it is highly modified and keeps the oil at the PU tube at all times. FYI for those that have the loot.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Price on Noble oil pan - 09/11/04 02:19 PM
Isn't the engine in the Noble mounted differently? Wouldn't that affect which way the oil pan would need to be modified?
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Price on Noble oil pan - 09/11/04 03:05 PM
Canton said there not available to the public through them. Did you email Noble or Superperformance?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Price on Noble oil pan - 09/11/04 05:39 PM
I emailed Noble. Australian guy called my house & said I was welcome to order one if I wanted. I said thanks but that's a bit above my budget. LOL!
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: Price on Noble oil pan - 09/12/04 03:57 AM
Originally posted by Derk2000:
Isn't the engine in the Noble mounted differently? Wouldn't that affect which way the oil pan would need to be modified?

nope - transverse - but you would have to check clearence none-the-less.
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: Price on Noble oil pan - 09/12/04 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Horse:

nope - transverse - but you would have to check clearence none-the-less.

Just incase people wonder how it can be transverse and RWD....Its rear engine and RWD.

Lupe
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Price on Noble oil pan - 09/12/04 02:39 PM
Hmm. I thought it was longitudinally opposed. Learn sumpin' new every day!
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Price on Noble oil pan - 09/14/04 02:29 AM
so it WOULD fit, right?
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Price on Noble oil pan - 09/14/04 02:33 AM
Originally posted by ssmumich00:
so it WOULD fit, right?

Bling bling!
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: Price on Noble oil pan - 09/14/04 04:52 AM
I thought it was longitudinally opposed.

WTH?
Derek -??
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Price on Noble oil pan - 09/14/04 05:06 AM
Originally posted by Horse:
I thought it was longitudinally opposed.

WTH?
Derek -??

Sometimes I talk and jibberish comes out. Please excuse me.
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Price on Noble oil pan - 09/15/04 02:43 AM
How exactly is the oil pan modified?

I ask this because for 04, Ford/Mazda has attempted to address the oil starvation issue. On the 04 Mazda6 3.0 the sump increased 0.5 qts and baffling was modified/added from the 03 model year.

Would seem kind of silly to plunk down $900 for the samething Ford/Mazda created for less.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Price on Noble oil pan - 09/15/04 03:15 AM
Yea I'm guessing they are still not remotely the same. I doubt the 04 is able to keep the oil at the PU location at all times.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Price on Noble oil pan - 09/15/04 07:28 AM
Why not just spring for an Accusump
*gasp*
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Price on Noble oil pan - 09/15/04 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Swazo:
*gasp*

The man has a point!
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Price on Noble oil pan - 09/15/04 02:41 PM
*gasp*

space. . .esp for FI people, seems limited, I just don't know how an accusump would fit for them. . .NA, that's a no-brainer.
Posted By: Horse_dup1 Re: Price on Noble oil pan - 09/15/04 03:20 PM
*gasp*

space. . .esp for FI people, seems limited, I just don't know how an accusump would fit for them. . .NA, that's a no-brainer.

the design of an accusump allows for "remote" locations; you should be fine.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Price on Noble oil pan - 09/15/04 03:33 PM
You can even mount it in the cowel. Just need to remove the cabin air filter. That's what Bondurant did I believe. I know of one car that had it in the trunk.
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: Price on Noble oil pan - 09/15/04 05:04 PM
Yup, it will fit where the cabin air filter is. I have just been too lazy to move it.
Posted By: bnoon_dup1 Re: Price on Noble oil pan - 09/16/04 02:19 PM
*gasp*

Have you ever seen under Buckshot's hood? There's enough room, though things are quite tight under there, not to mention the plumbing nightmare! Of course on top of that, he has the Bulldog trans with remote filter, aftercooler, the aftercooler's remote radiator, and a few other things I've seen, but haven't bothered to trace the lines to see where they go.

When he finds room for something else under there, he shows me... I just nod and go "Yup, ummmm hummmmm". Even with the battery and aftercooler resevoir in the trunk, that car has to be front heavy...
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: Price on Noble oil pan - 09/16/04 02:28 PM
The very first iteration of my setup without the aftercooler put the accusump on top of the S/C in that valley between the front cross member and the S/C unit itself. It worked but wasn't a very stable position. The area where the cabin filter goes is looking promising though I haven't tried it. As far as trunk mount goes, that's a long ways to run an oil line in my books. I did see Sean's setup at SZ 04 that had it working that way.

Rick
© CEG Archives