Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Goonz SVT RIMS - 05/30/04 04:55 PM
What are the biggest size rims you can put on an SVT without doing any modifications? what style do you guys prefer to look the best, its a black svt. Thanks!
Posted By: Antonio Wright_dup1 Re: RIMS - 05/30/04 04:59 PM
19 inches. I am currently working with a local guy who is going to put 20's on his SVT. /

I really like the wheels from www.axiswheels.com
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: RIMS - 05/31/04 01:29 PM
Yeah, they got nice rims but they're expensive as hell and not a one of them has our bolt circle. Nice to look at anyway. I'd like to see the tour with 20" on it. Right now it seems way too big, but maybe seeing it would be different. Hope it doesn't end up looking like some of the westcoast rides with 22" to 26" (and above). Just don't care for that.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: RIMS - 06/01/04 02:17 AM
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
Yeah, they got nice rims but they're expensive as hell and not a one of them has our bolt circle. Nice to look at anyway. I'd like to see the tour with 20" on it. Right now it seems way too big, but maybe seeing it would be different. Hope it doesn't end up looking like some of the westcoast rides with 22" to 26" (and above). Just don't care for that.

uh, there are quite a number of members running axis wheels (including myself). they arent the cheapest but there are plenty more expensive.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: RIMS - 06/01/04 09:44 AM
without any modifications? 17x7
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: RIMS - 06/01/04 10:10 PM
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:

Some of them are very good looking but again---what about the bolt circle? None of the ones on their site show ours.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: RIMS - 06/01/04 11:35 PM
4x108 or 4x4.25 is your bolt pattern

check the FAQ at the top of this forum...it gives plenty of links of sites that carry out bolt pattern.

Also just to help your search a little better, Focus wheels fit our cars also.
Posted By: unknown_dup1 Re: RIMS - 06/02/04 01:00 AM

Wrong, 17s are not the biggest. Read a couple of posts up.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: RIMS - 06/02/04 04:00 AM
ummm WITHOUT modification, yes they are.
Posted By: unknown_dup1 Re: RIMS - 06/02/04 03:22 PM
Dude, I own 19s, I think I would know if there were any modifications needed. Do you own 19s? I doubt it considering the bad information you are giving.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: RIMS - 06/03/04 02:36 AM
and I bet you either rub like a [censored], had to roll your fenders, or have rubberband tires

and actually I have 17x7 wheels and I can tell you that any wider will rub.

so DUDE, you're still wrong.
Posted By: unknown_dup1 Re: RIMS - 06/09/04 06:18 AM
Here is another `tour w/19s. WOW, look at all the mods he had to do...

Ignorance is bliss, eh?

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=picsvids&Number=634403&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=all
Posted By: Putz_dup1 Re: RIMS - 06/10/04 08:00 PM
i know my 17x7 would rub with 4 people in the car when i hit a soft hole on the highway, it ws always the inside corner on the back tires

never had a problem with them when it was just me driving
Posted By: unknown_dup1 Re: RIMS - 06/10/04 08:42 PM
All you need to do to fix that Putz is trim the inside of your fender where it meets the bumper, takes 5 minutes with the wheel off. Touch it up with a bit of paint just to make sure rust does not set in.

Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: RIMS - 06/10/04 10:59 PM
I have 18" and I don't rub. 18" X 7" and I didn't have to trim the bumper because I don't have an SVT. 225/40/18 is the tire size.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: RIMS - 06/11/04 07:45 AM
Originally posted by unknown:
All you need to do to fix that Putz is trim the inside of your fender where it meets the bumper, takes 5 minutes with the wheel off. Touch it up with a bit of paint just to make sure rust does not set in.

which falls into the category of modification but thanks for your time

if you REALLY wanna get technical...whether you rub or not depends on wheel offset and tire size which pretty much makes it hit or miss when installing 18"/19" wheels

soooo the best way to avoid any of that is to buy yourself a set of 17x7 wheels with a 215/45/17 tire which requires absolutely no modifying at all...not even "5 minutes" worth.

Posted By: Putz_dup1 Re: RIMS - 06/11/04 01:54 PM
my 17x7 was a 215 17 45

but how often do you put 4 full grown people and 100 lbs of subs, and fishing gear in the trunk
Posted By: SVT-3 Re: RIMS - 06/11/04 10:55 PM
Dude, I own 19s, I think I would know if there were any modifications needed. Do you own 19s? I doubt it considering the bad information you are giving.

yeah i am definately running 19's with NO MODS. in fact i may have made it even more interesting with the konis and eibachs. still no modding needed. 19 by 8 is a little bigger than your guaranteed 17 by 7's.
Posted By: SVT-3 Re: RIMS - 06/11/04 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Putz:
my 17x7 was a 215 17 45

but how often do you put 4 full grown people and 100 lbs of subs, and fishing gear in the trunk

all the time.
Posted By: unknown_dup1 Re: RIMS - 06/12/04 03:29 AM

which falls into the category of modification but thanks for your time

if you REALLY wanna get technical...whether you rub or not depends on wheel offset and tire size which pretty much makes it hit or miss when installing 18"/19" wheels

soooo the best way to avoid any of that is to buy yourself a set of 17x7 wheels with a 215/45/17 tire which requires absolutely no modifying at all...not even "5 minutes" worth.

We are talking about a solution to HIS problem w/4 people in the car and HIS 17x7s, not my 19s.

I'll say it again, ignorance is bliss.
Posted By: SVT-3 Re: RIMS - 06/12/04 12:31 PM
and I bet you either rub like a [censored], had to roll your fenders, or have rubberband tires

and actually I have 17x7 wheels and I can tell you that any wider will rub.

so DUDE, you're still wrong.

8 inch... no rub...
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: RIMS - 06/12/04 02:42 PM
Goonz12 - It will ultimately all depend on the wheels, tires and your car. It's been shown (I know it's in the offset FAQ) that even within the same model year, there are differences. Just because one person does not rub with his car does not mean you won't.

An example that I always use:

Suneil (ssmumich00) has said that he rubbed when he had 215/45 17's. I had the exact same wheel/tire combo and even with a car load of friends never rubbed.

I currently run 235/40 17's and rubbed ONCE going over a really bad dip in the road while I had other people in the car. That was the only time I've ever rubbed and I bet I can go with 245's. No spacers or rolling of fenders.
© CEG Archives