Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Krafty_dup1 Custom Drilling and wheels...where from? - 04/08/03 06:41 PM
I know some of you on the boards have wheels from companies such as Racing Hart and the like and I know that they don't make any wheels in our bolt pattern. I've been calling companies like BBS, Dazz (RH's father company), and Enkei and none of them offer blanks to do your own custom drilling.

My question is how did those that have them(custom bolt patterns) pull it off? Did you just use a wheel with a different bolt pattern and redrill them to 4X108? If that is the case, aren't you worried about the loss in strength due to having two sets of lug holes?

I'm looking for a very specific wheel style and so far have had zero luck finding anything similar to what I'm looking for in our bolt pattern. Honestly, I'm surprised that more wheel companies don't offer more variety for the 4X108 considering the large quantity of Foci on the road

TIA,
IIRC, people had the wheel manufacturer custom drill the blanks and ship them out (and didn't have just blanks sent out). More expensive than normally, but you get what you want. But I don't remember people using wheels from the companies you listed; I only remember Axis doing it.

Just curious, what wheel style are you looking at?
I'm looking for this style

I know the Konig Imagines are somewhat similar to this style, though I'm not a big fan because they look too busy to me. I guess I'm just picky
I know that BBS makes wheels for Mondeos in Europe and those r 4 x 108 if i am not mistaken, SO you probobly could work out a deal with them te get a set drilled or imported!
I think ace has some models in our bolt pattern, call them up they might drill u a set of those.
Called Ace and they don't have this model available for the Contour and won't custom drill.

Thanks for the reply though!
Posted By: BDR Re: Custom Drilling and wheels...where from? - 04/08/03 07:47 PM
i had Racing Harts before, and they were a universal 4 lug and they drillied one of the set of holes to make it 4-108. now i have 18" Konig Imagine and they were drilled from blanks.
Posted By: Rahmel Re: Custom Drilling and wheels...where from? - 04/08/03 08:24 PM
IMPRTKILLR, your car looks BADASS MAN!!!! really likin it. I also have a question about some rims you guys, cause i am very picky on a set that i would absolutely KILL to have. There are some rims from Racing Hart called Z5000's, I love them because they have the sunken in look to them rather than sticking out, they gradually go in as it goes to the center, and I also seen them on wheel max but, i don't think they come in our bolt pattern. They are a 5 spoke rim, i love 5 spoke rims, but the closest design that i could find to it was the rims from Konig (the Verdicts, which are a 6 spoke rim, which still look nice), and the crazy thing is about these rims are THERE'S SOOOOOO MANY KNOCKOFF'S OUT THERE, BUT THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME BOLT PATTERN STILL!!! WHAT THE FRICK IS THAT ALL ABOUT?? WELL, IF ANYONE HAS SEEN SOME NICE 18" 5 SPOKE WHEELS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW, i had RS5's and those were ok, i sold them but i want a diff look with the rims now, i know it's not like we have a huge selection from them
What about this:

Not exactly the same as the ACE; but thought it might be worth a glance if you hadn't seen it yet.
Posted By: hydro Re: Custom Drilling and wheels...where from? - 04/08/03 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Rahmel:
IMPRTKILLR, your car looks BADASS MAN!!!! really likin it. I also have a question about some rims you guys, cause i am very picky on a set that i would absolutely KILL to have. There are some rims from Racing Hart called Z5000's, I love them because they have the sunken in look to them rather than sticking out, they gradually go in as it goes to the center, and I also seen them on wheel max but, i don't think they come in our bolt pattern. They are a 5 spoke rim, i love 5 spoke rims, but the closest design that i could find to it was the rims from Konig (the Verdicts, which are a 6 spoke rim, which still look nice), and the crazy thing is about these rims are THERE'S SOOOOOO MANY KNOCKOFF'S OUT THERE, BUT THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME BOLT PATTERN STILL!!! WHAT THE FRICK IS THAT ALL ABOUT?? WELL, IF ANYONE HAS SEEN SOME NICE 18" 5 SPOKE WHEELS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW, i had RS5's and those were ok, i sold them but i want a diff look with the rims now, i know it's not like we have a huge selection from them

Rahmel, you will have to put in a little work to get those Z5000's. I almost bought those last summer in 19's and the price was around $1800 after everything was said in done and the wait time was well over 3 weeks. But like you said, there are many companies making knockoffs of that wheel. you can get these ones in 18" form by RS Limited from wheelmax.com for around $175 a wheel in the 4x108 pattern.

Also, Katana wheels makes a knock off of the Z5000 which is really nice and they have a wholesaler in New Jersey who will custom drill for you at a cost.
Posted By: hydro Re: Custom Drilling and wheels...where from? - 04/08/03 09:57 PM
Krafty, you could always go with the Axis Wheelsite Mesh II in either 17's or 19's, i think they look even better than the ACE Arius rims.

The arius is pretty much a knock off itself so you should be able to find a company who makes a pretty similiar wheel who will be willing to drill our pattern if ACE won't. Also, sometimes the guys that work for the wheel company will have a tendancy to get short with you and just say "no" without giving it much thought. you have to put in extra effort to get information from some of these companies and sometimes it's taken me over an hour to finally get the solution i was looking for after calling company after company and wholesaler after wholesaler.

but for the most part, there is really no tuner wheel out there that you can't get in our pattern if you put in enough work. Richard had to order those Konig Imagines from Japan and wait for a month for crying out loud.
Thanks for all the replies. While the wheels everyone have been posting are really nice, I'm bent on getting the ACE style or comparable (Racing Hart C3, BBS RG-R, Enkei RPM-2)

Hellahydro (Terry) - I hear what you are saying about putting in the effort in regards to getting what you need. The problem is, I don't know where/how to start. Who was going to drill the Racing Harts for you and were they a blank or were they going to have another pattern drilled in around the original?

It's really hard to get across what I am trying to say over the internet but I hope you guys are getting the idea.

• Who Do I Call?
  • What do I ask?
  • What Will they try and tell me?
  • How will they be drilled, over existing holes or are the companies lying about not having blanks?

I know this is a lot of info that I need, but I honestly have no idea where to start, what to explain to these companies, or how to get what I need. Simple inquiries to the manufacturers have gotten me nowhere
Posted By: Rahmel Re: Custom Drilling and wheels...where from? - 04/09/03 12:27 AM
Hellahydro, Hey what's up man, i think i may be lookin in the wrong place on that site, (i've been all over it) but you said that the wheels by RS and the wheels by Katana come in the 4x108 right? Or were you saying get them and send them to the guy to drill them? The only thing i see closest to the 4x108 is a 4x100 and a 4x114.3 am i lookin at the wrong wheels? Or am i a Tard and didn't know that the 4x114.3's fit the 108's? I'd settle for the 18" RS Limited but i couldn't find it in 4x108, does wheelsmax carry it in a 4x108 and not post it or somethin? You saved me such a huge headache man, i've been lookin for months for 5 spoke rims like the Z5000's. 19" tires are sadly too much money I'd love to put 19's on it but, my wallet isn't that healthy at the moment lol. I really want to do an 18" similar to the Z5000 but, if you can tell me how to get the RS Limited in 4x108 that'd be great. I'm gonna get those for sure now I can't even describe how much i love the way the wheels "gradually dip in as it goes to the center of the rim" I seen the Z5000's on a new Celica and a new Civic and almost had an orgasm when i seen them thanks again man!!!
I had to have my Racing Hart's custom drilled so hopefully I can answer any of your questions. If not, feel free to drop me an e-mail and I will hopefully be able to answer your questions or point you in the right direction! svt1675@comcast.net

I ordered my wheels from a local wheel store. Obviously they cannot stock every wheel, so thy had to order them from the manufacturer, Racing Hart. The manfacuturer will drill them before they ship them, as most wheel shops don't have the machinary necessary to do so. Expect a little bit longer wait from the time you order them to the time you get them since they will need to be drilled. There will probably also be a nominal (I say nominal in comparison to the cost of the wheel) fee for drilling the wheel, I paid about $20 extra per wheel

The blanks thing may or may not matter depending on the wheel. If you look at mine, they have a center cap hiding the lugs. Therefore it doesn't matter if there are extra holes. Mine were re-drilled, but unless I take off my center caps, no one will ever know outside of this post. If the wheel has exposed lugs, then obvioulsy they cannot re-drill them and will have to use a blank, or a wheel w/ot any existing holes.

Ask whoever you are buying the wheels from to see if they are available in a 4x108. If they say no, then inquire about getting them drilled. They may require a deposit so they are not stuck with an odd bolt pattern wheel. Ask them, again depending on the wheel, if they will be drilled from blanks or re-drilled to match.

I spoke with Axis before deciding on my Racing Hart's and they can custom drill to any pattern, within reason. Antonio probably had to have his Axis's custom drilled also. Obviously any wheel that tirerack or tires.com lists will be pre-drilled to a 4x108, so the only time you have to worry is you are shopping "Outside the box" so to speak.

This is a pretty common thing, or so I would think, and the shop I was dealing with and Racing Hart had no problems filling my request. For example, call Axis direct in California, ask them if there are any authorized dealers in your area they can point you too. If not, start asking them about the bolt pattern and the possibility of custom drilling to a 4x108.

I hope that answered all of your questions, if not, like I said drop me an e-mail and I'll do what I can to get you hooked up.
well, i have the same wheels as antonio but in 17s. not sure where he ordered. i ordered mine from spyengineering.com they needed to be drilled. when i received them, the return address was from axis so it seems axis did the drilling then dropshipped them for spy. they were not from blanks. i have a center cap covering the holes. its an 8 lug wheel (i didn't know this) 4x100 and 4x114.3. i think they would've drilled out the 4 x 100 (the smaller of the 2, right?) to 108 so if i decide to sell them it can be to a fellow ceg'er or whoever uses 4x114.3. it was 20 per wheel i believe and carry the manufacturere warranty. some manufactureres will void the warranty if u buy the wheel then take it somewhere locally to drill them. i'm surprised ace wont do this for u, since they offer some wheels like the ace spades. its not like they dont offer the bolt pattern at all.
Posted By: hydro Re: Custom Drilling and wheels...where from? - 04/09/03 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Rahmel:
Hellahydro, Hey what's up man, i think i may be lookin in the wrong place on that site, (i've been all over it) but you said that the wheels by RS and the wheels by Katana come in the 4x108 right? Or were you saying get them and send them to the guy to drill them? The only thing i see closest to the 4x108 is a 4x100 and a 4x114.3 am i lookin at the wrong wheels? Or am i a Tard and didn't know that the 4x114.3's fit the 108's? I'd settle for the 18" RS Limited but i couldn't find it in 4x108, does wheelsmax carry it in a 4x108 and not post it or somethin? You saved me such a huge headache man, i've been lookin for months for 5 spoke rims like the Z5000's. 19" tires are sadly too much money I'd love to put 19's on it but, my wallet isn't that healthy at the moment lol. I really want to do an 18" similar to the Z5000 but, if you can tell me how to get the RS Limited in 4x108 that'd be great. I'm gonna get those for sure now I can't even describe how much i love the way the wheels "gradually dip in as it goes to the center of the rim" I seen the Z5000's on a new Celica and a new Civic and almost had an orgasm when i seen them thanks again man!!!

Rahmel, check out this link to wheelmax. It has all of their wheels that come in the 4x108 pattern. On the front page all you have to do is look to the right of the page and you will see the names of a few cars including the Focus. The Focus shares the same bolt pattern as the Contour so click on that link and you can see all of their wheels that fit 4x108. If you want to buy, make sure you give them a call to double check if the offset is correct. The Katana does not come in the 4x108 but the RS Limited does. The reason why I suggested the Katana was because they are substantially cheaper than the Racing Harts or at least they used to be.

wheelmax.com 4x108 wheels
© CEG Archives