Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: wa2tuff What kind of tire black do you use? - 08/18/06 04:30 AM
I'm gettin frustrated! I've narrowed my desired products down to "More Shine, Less Time" spray or Meguiar's "Gold Class Endurance High Gloss". With MSLT, I get overspray and end up detailing the whole car again unless I do the tires before cleaning the car. I can only do that if the car doesn't need a wash. If I use the Meguiars, I get spin off even if I rewipe the tires again the next day. Anybody have any suggestions or does everyone put up with the same crap?
Posted By: icysvt Re: What kind of tire black do you use? - 08/18/06 04:34 AM
Black magic all the way. and there was an aresol i used by Meguiars also don't remember the name but black can
Posted By: Tourige Re: What kind of tire black do you use? - 08/18/06 05:24 AM
Apparently the NXT tire shine is amazing.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: What kind of tire black do you use? - 08/18/06 07:00 AM
i've never gotten spin off. u must be using alot. i put a pretty small amount on the applicator and dab around the tire and run the applicator around the tire. its just enough to get a low black shine. i hate glossy sidewalls and spray on stuff. or try spraying onto the applicator first
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: What kind of tire black do you use? - 08/18/06 03:07 PM
Carbotech dust. Doubles nicely as Wheel Black.
Posted By: m4gician Re: What kind of tire black do you use? - 08/18/06 03:14 PM
I've tried Armor-all wet shine spray, and gel (gets stuck in sidewall pattern). Use the spray with a foam applicator to spread it and voila. I've also used turtlewax wet shine,( not as good), meguairs HOT SHINE (not as bright), Black Magic (best of both worlds).
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: What kind of tire black do you use? - 08/18/06 03:18 PM
I've never had any issues w/ Meg's gel but here is an alt.

303 Aerospace Protectant

http://www.303products.com/main.php?infopage=protectant

Posted By: Pole120 Re: What kind of tire black do you use? - 08/18/06 05:17 PM
Originally posted by icysvt:
Black magic

Word...been using it 3 years now, never been disapointed.
Posted By: svtkev Re: What kind of tire black do you use? - 08/19/06 03:38 AM
Definitely Black Magic!! its so good you can even skip a couple washes between applications ,unless you like the "wet" look
i use turtle wax tire shine spray works good for me
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: What kind of tire black do you use? - 08/20/06 11:14 PM
gel of anything and spray. just let it sit on there over night and there will be no spin off. dont apply and then go redline the car in every gear. also apply to a tire applicator .dont spray it on.
Posted By: Berkel Re: What kind of tire black do you use? - 08/21/06 12:47 AM
Originally posted by icysvt:
Black magic all the way.

I think this is what I have. It leaves a deep black look, rather than wet look right?

It also smells so good. I would enjoy spraying tires all night

I love it, always park my car for the night and every few days just spray those tires and wheel wells down so liberally since I get cans real cheap from work. Always keeps my car looking sharp
mequiars high gloss...and grape kool aid is the shiznit.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: What kind of tire black do you use? - 08/22/06 05:30 PM
Originally posted by hmouta:
i've never gotten spin off. u must be using alot.

werd. Just a bit more than a dime-size dab on the applicator and work it all the way around the tire.
yes i wanna add i use a foam applicator from autozone, thin line down the middle of it, may have to reapply to finish the same tire, i also completely clean the tire and wipe off the old stuff before i put it on.looks tits!
© CEG Archives