Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Cobra_Jack Need opinion on wheels - Contour SVT - 08/15/06 02:12 AM
just bought the Contour and the 15 inch rims that came with it HAVE TO GO... I'm not looking to spend a lot of money.. I would like to keep it under $600-700 with tires.. used wheels are fine as long as the tires are fairly new.

anyhow I came across these wheels on ebay, $549 shipped with 205/40/17 tires

WHEEL BRAND IKON
WHEEL MODEL 3D
WHEEL SIZE 17X7.0 ET40
WHEEL FINISH FULL SILVER
BOLT PATTERN 4x100 & 4x108
TIRE SIZE INCLUDED IN PACKAGE 205/40R17
QUANTITY YOU ARE BIDDING FOR 4 WHEELS & TIRES
Link to eBay rims

here's what the car looks like now

Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Need opinion on wheels - Contour SVT - 08/15/06 02:47 AM
How the heck did you find an SVT without SVT wheels? Just get a set of used SVT wheels from someone here.
Posted By: Cobra_Jack Re: Need opinion on wheels - Contour SVT - 08/15/06 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
How the heck did you find an SVT without SVT wheels? Just get a set of used SVT wheels from someone here.

The better question is who in the world would swap the SVT wheels for 15inch American Racing puke wheels
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Need opinion on wheels - Contour SVT - 08/15/06 03:14 AM
205/40 is pretty damn small.
Posted By: Berkel Re: Need opinion on wheels - Contour SVT - 08/15/06 04:16 AM
Originally posted by hmouta:
205/40 is pretty damn small.

dot

With a 17" rim you'll want 215/45.

Check out wheelmax for some options.

There's some SVT rims for sale in the classifieds as well.
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: Need opinion on wheels - Contour SVT - 08/15/06 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Cobra_Jack:
The better question is who in the world would swap the SVT wheels for 15inch American Racing puke wheels

Someone who wanted to make money of there svt wheels. Or they were damaged and it was cheaper to buy 15 puke wheels to replace them.
i think someone was desperate to make some money fast on those svt wheels.
i can get you e1 wheels in perfect condition for $75 each if you want them
Posted By: Cobra_Jack Re: Need opinion on wheels - Contour SVT - 08/15/06 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Black 98 CSVT:
i can get you e1 wheels in perfect condition for $75 each if you want them

I'd prefer 17" rims if I'm going to spend the money.

here's a better shot of the eBay rims
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Need opinion on wheels - Contour SVT - 08/15/06 01:41 PM
Not feeling them.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Need opinion on wheels - Contour SVT - 08/15/06 03:03 PM
Originally posted by SVTour 3.0:
Not feeling them.

+1

I'd keep an eye out for some wheels to come up in the classifieds. You can always sign up over on the Cougar and Focus boards for more wheel options, as we share the same lug pattern and I believe the same offset.

Mark
Posted By: BigBEN_dup1 Re: Need opinion on wheels - Contour SVT - 08/15/06 03:41 PM
IMO...the SVT looks best with a 5 spoke or a multi spoke like the superleggera.
Originally posted by BigBEN:
IMO...the SVT looks best with a 5 spoke

Like this!

BTW, your paint looks to be in outstanding shape. Read this to keep it looking that way!
Posted By: Cobra_Jack Re: Need opinion on wheels - Contour SVT - 08/15/06 06:09 PM
Here's my attempt at photoshopping them...

I honestly don't think they're that bad... they're not my#1 choice but for $550 rims+tires+shipping, I have to give them some consideration.

Posted By: Cobra_Jack Re: Need opinion on wheels - Contour SVT - 08/15/06 06:33 PM
How about these:

I can get these with 215/45HR17 Kumho ECSTA 711 for $560 if I pick them up in South Bend.
Posted By: Cobra_Jack Re: Need opinion on wheels - Contour SVT - 08/15/06 06:50 PM
OK..

here are the 3 choices that I have: they'll all run me around $575 out the door including mounting, ballancing and tires

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Need opinion on wheels - Contour SVT - 08/15/06 07:04 PM
Not a fan of any of those. Those look worse actually PS'd onto the car. What about any of these?

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=wheels&Number=1265679&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

I prefer this.

Similar to the ASA EM9's I have.

Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Need opinion on wheels - Contour SVT - 08/15/06 07:44 PM
If you are choosing between those three on Tire Rack, my choice would be the Kazera KZ-U.
Posted By: Cobra_Jack Re: Need opinion on wheels - Contour SVT - 08/15/06 09:01 PM
Originally posted by todras:
Not a fan of any of those. Those look worse actually PS'd onto the car. What about any of these?

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=wheels&Number=1265679&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

I don't really care for those tuner type rims.. I'd much prefer the standar 17" Focus SVT rims
While I am not a fan of the particular model rim todras showed above (mostly the ring around the lugs before getting into the spokes), the general style itself looks pretty good on T-Red, if I do say so myself...

Here's my car with 17" Konig Imagines (silver) on it, with 215/45/17 tires...

(edit: I think Sounddomain is having site problems... hopefully the pics will show up soon)

Yes, shameless whoring of the ride is necessary...

Here's a close up of the Konig Imagine (opal, they don't offer silver anymore)

Posted By: J3SVT Re: Need opinion on wheels - Contour SVT - 08/17/06 07:50 PM
IMO, I think the Focus SVT rims look pretty nice on an SVT Contour. I've got the 17" 5 spoke ones and have nothing to complain about.

EDIT:
Might have to shop around to keep it in your price range...missed that part.
© CEG Archives