Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: prosecco Goodyear Eagle Response Tires? - 06/05/06 12:41 AM
After only 20,000 miles, I've worn out my Uniroyal GTZ4 tires on my '98 Contour SVT. I live on a hill and am told that that is the reason for the premature wear. (These tires are 4 1/2 years old) I don't put many miles on this car. It has 36,000 miles and this is the second set of tires?>@!?

Anyone tried the new "Performance/Touring tires by Goodyear? They are called "Eagle Response". I sure would like to get better treadwear. Any feedback would be welcome.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Goodyear Eagle Response Tires? - 06/05/06 02:28 AM
I work at goodyear. The new responses look good (we have yet to sell any, so no "test drive" from me yet), but there is no way I would pay what they cost. Who cares about treadwear when you can buy a 3 sets of other, grippier tires for less than one set of the goodyears.
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Goodyear Eagle Response Tires? - 06/05/06 02:38 AM
Welcome . Time (4.5 years) is also a factor in wear and tear issues for rubber products. I really doubt living on a hill is the reason for worse than normal wear on tires.
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: Goodyear Eagle Response Tires? - 06/06/06 03:09 AM
How did they wear? Was it even, or did you have inside edge wear? If so, you may have excess negative camber on the front wheels as did I. Camber kits and reducing the negative camber did wonders for it.

Also, the best wearing tires I've had on my 98 SVT EO are Dayton Daytona ZR tires. Dayton is a Bridbestone brand, as is Firestone and Fuzion. The Daytona ZR resembles a Bridgestone 750 as well as the Fuzion Zi. The last set of Daytona ZRs lasted 60,000 miles on my car.
© CEG Archives