Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SVT3Rivieres wheel bearing - 05/01/06 02:35 PM
ok i dunno if i should post there but ok i have (im assuming)a front wheel bearing doing a annoying "hum" all the time but its stop doing it when im turning on the right. so it is mean that the faulty one is the right or the left one ??
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: wheel bearing - 05/01/06 02:43 PM
Originally posted by SVT3Rivieres:
...ok i have (im assuming)a front wheel bearing doing a annoying "hum" all the time but its stop doing it when im turning on the right. so it is mean that the faulty one is the right or the left one ??

Usually, if you turn right and the sound is gone, the faulty one is on the right. The weight is on the left when you turn right (and the left one is not causing the sound).
Posted By: GreaseyMonkey Re: wheel bearing - 05/01/06 06:57 PM
true. troubleshooting was your way to go with the posting location, but either way, get that taken care of. last time i had a bearing done (on my old grand prix) cost me about $200
Posted By: SVT3Rivieres Re: wheel bearing - 05/01/06 07:28 PM
so much ?? how much is the parts itself cause i will change it with my dad at his garage, im not paying for the labour and it shouldnt take so long to change.

Posted By: Stazi Re: wheel bearing - 05/01/06 08:05 PM
Check my sig.

You send me your knuckle - I'll replace the bearing and send it back. Shipping extra.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: wheel bearing - 05/04/06 05:04 PM
Originally posted by SVT3Rivieres:
so much ?? how much is the parts itself cause i will change it with my dad at his garage, im not paying for the labour and it shouldnt take so long to change.

bearing itself is about $37 bucks. I just had mine replaced at a shpo yesterday and took it in the butt for it. 99.50 x 2 for labor and 91 for the bearing.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: wheel bearing - 05/04/06 05:05 PM
Originally posted by We Todd:
took it in the butt for it. 99.50 x 2 for labor and 91 for the bearing.

You liked it.
© CEG Archives