Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 1slosnake Opinions on Rims........ - 04/16/06 07:21 AM
Hey all,
I was pondering on getting some new rims for the tour. I was wondering what some of you would choose. I have a T red SVT.

First up, Regular SVTF rims

Second, White SVTF rims

Last, White SVTF Euro rims
Posted By: tjbugs1 Re: Opinions on Rims........ - 04/16/06 11:16 AM
I like them in the order of 3,2,1 thats my picks. or...
Posted By: Coolkuehl3_dup1 Re: Opinions on Rims........ - 04/16/06 01:17 PM
I like the Euro rim or the standard 5 spoke but NOT in white.
Posted By: m!key Re: Opinions on Rims........ - 04/16/06 01:23 PM
dark agent euros on a t-red are hot. someone on the site has this set-up already and it is perfect.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Opinions on Rims........ - 04/16/06 02:31 PM
Originally posted by m!key:
dark agent euros on a t-red are hot. someone on the site has this set-up already and it is perfect.

+1
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: Opinions on Rims........ - 04/16/06 04:00 PM
Get the first ones,
the dark euro ones look like they are just covered in brake dust all the time. i've seen the fsvt 5 spokes on a few t-reds and they will probably be my next rim.
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Opinions on Rims........ - 04/16/06 04:29 PM
I think those white FSVT wheels would look good.
Posted By: pimpdcontour Re: Opinions on Rims........ - 04/16/06 05:27 PM
Originally posted by tjbugs1:

these all the way
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Opinions on Rims........ - 04/16/06 07:29 PM
get these

Posted By: bradSVT Re: Opinions on Rims........ - 04/16/06 08:02 PM
Originally posted by pimpdcontour:
Originally posted by tjbugs1:

these all the way

The Euro's or These would look pretty sexy.
Posted By: Tourige Re: Opinions on Rims........ - 04/16/06 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
get these

Yea, JC's car is [censored] Sexy
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: Opinions on Rims........ - 04/16/06 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Tourige:
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
get these

Yea, JC's car is [censored] Sexy

Thanks.

I like mine because they hide brake dust. I don't wash my car too often so I don't mind the wheels staying the same color. I'm gonna go back to my E1's soon as my S03s are pretty much dead and I don't have any money to replace them right now.
Posted By: Tourige Re: Opinions on Rims........ - 04/16/06 11:35 PM
are u selling the rims then?
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: Opinions on Rims........ - 04/17/06 03:47 AM
Originally posted by Tourige:
are u selling the rims then?

Nope. Spent too much money to let them go. They'll just sit in the garage until I can afford some real performance tires again. Shouldn't take long.
Posted By: 1slosnake Re: Opinions on Rims........ - 04/17/06 07:54 AM
Kind of a spinoff question. I am thinking about BFG TA Drag Radials 225/45/17 up front and BFG G Force Sports 215/45/17 out back. What does everyone think? I really don't want to go with the 205/40/17 BFG DR's. I think it will look a little off with the smaller sidewall. If anybody has run either one chim in and let me know from your personal experience.
Thanks
Posted By: Berkel Re: Opinions on Rims........ - 04/21/06 06:38 PM
Time to whore..

I like them, but would probably skimp on some 18's if I ever wanted to do it again. Not worth getting new rims after I have these though
Posted By: CLASSVT Re: Opinions on Rims........ - 04/21/06 09:33 PM
You should get the 17' rims that look identical to the pre'98 SE rims. I'd like to see those on an SVT.
Posted By: 1slosnake Re: Opinions on Rims........ - 04/23/06 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Berkel:
Time to whore..

I like them, but would probably skimp on some 18's if I ever wanted to do it again. Not worth getting new rims after I have these though

Nice, what tires are you running? What sizes too? I wasn't sure how it would look, you are the first one I have seen with the 5 star SVTF rims on a T red CSVT
Posted By: Berkel Re: Opinions on Rims........ - 04/24/06 04:21 AM
Originally posted by 1slosnake:

Nice, what tires are you running? What sizes too? I wasn't sure how it would look, you are the first one I have seen with the 5 star SVTF rims on a T red CSVT

I'm running Kumho Ecsta's (all seasons) right now. Err I think 225/45/17 but don't quote me on that.

I miss my Continental summer tires I'll just have to burn these out as quick as I can to get new tires
Posted By: 1slosnake Re: Opinions on Rims........ - 04/24/06 05:41 AM
Originally posted by Berkel:

I'm running Kumho Ecsta's (all seasons) right now. Err I think 225/45/17 but don't quote me on that.

I miss my Continental summer tires I'll just have to burn these out as quick as I can to get new tires

PLEASE double check that if you could. I want to run the 225 BFG DR's, I just want to make sure that there is no rubbing or any issues with the way it will ride.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Opinions on Rims........ - 04/26/06 01:13 AM
Those look really nice!

Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: Opinions on Rims........ - 04/26/06 05:08 PM
White looks like poo on anything other than white...in fact, I heard white is the new yellow
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Opinions on Rims........ - 04/26/06 10:59 PM

PLEASE double check that if you could. I want to run the 225 BFG DR's, I just want to make sure that there is no rubbing or any issues with the way it will ride.

I have 225/45/17's and I was rubbing untill i read the stazi thread on how to solve it (its pinned in this forums)

225 is the perfect size, I couldnt be happier, perfect amount of tire to cover any gaps with no major rubbing issues..

Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Opinions on Rims........ - 04/30/06 02:21 AM
u need some tire dressing haroon.
© CEG Archives