Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: PacificTourG Tire Differences - 04/12/06 04:20 PM
I got 4 slightly used tires for my Tour. They all seem about even in wear.They are Goodyear Eagles. After I got them, I noticed that 3 of the tires say Eagle RS-A and 1 says Eagle LS.

Is there any difference in the RS-A and the LS?

I need to know because sometimes while driving I can feel the car vibrating. The car vibrates strongy while accelarting from a low speed to a high speed.

The tires are 225/50/R16 and I have stock suspension. I use to have 205/50Z/R16.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Tire Differences - 04/12/06 04:27 PM
The LS is a much less sporty tire. They're quite different. What is the vibration like? Does it only occur under acceleration, or does it happen when at a steady speed, coasting, or braking?
Posted By: PacificTourG Re: Tire Differences - 04/12/06 04:50 PM
The vibration occurs during accelaration and steady speeds. The steering wheel shakes a little too.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Tire Differences - 04/12/06 05:25 PM
Sounds like they are out of balance. Where did you get them mounted and balanced?

Another possibility is that they are worn from a toe problem on the last car, and out of round. However, that should be visible.
Posted By: KerryKool Re: Tire Differences - 04/12/06 06:30 PM
Its definately the balance (and possibly the alignment) of the tires. Same thing happend to me when I first got my Contour. At about 65 mph, the car would shake. After the balance, smooth up to 100+ mph... oops... I didn't type that... it was for research.
© CEG Archives