Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Goonz SVT Tuner Lugs - 03/29/06 09:50 PM
ok I went cheap on my lugs and bought them from auto zone..I notice however then when I tighted my lugs, they seem to pull up right upon tightening.. is that normal or somthing terribly wrong? lol
Posted By: Tourige Re: Tuner Lugs - 03/29/06 10:08 PM
you mean that when you tighten them they have some give?

Take those things off NOW
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Tuner Lugs - 03/29/06 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Tourige:
you mean that when you tighten them they have some give?

Take those things off NOW

I mean that when I hand tighten them then its fine but when i reach the point where I need to forcefully tighten them, when im applying force as in pulling the wrench up, as i pull to tighten, I can see the lug nut pull up when i apply force, its odd..
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Tuner Lugs - 03/29/06 11:28 PM
ok now my front passenger side wheel is like squeekin..I dont know what is going on!!

Im pretty sure these lugs are CRAP..but another thing is that my rims are set up weird..like the holes where the lugs go, towards the end its not flat, its oval so I dont get how the lugs are suppose to tighten that..

that or maybe I need better recomended ones? any suggestions?

ive looked on ebay at these gorilla lugs recomended for ADR, what you say?

or

Posted By: Dakmis Re: Tuner Lugs - 03/29/06 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
.like the holes where the lugs go, towards the end its not flat, its oval so I dont get how the lugs are suppose to tighten that..

i don't have a suggestion for lugs but do you mean its oval like the lugs are suppose to be
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Tuner Lugs - 03/29/06 11:45 PM
yes exactly, but my current lugs are also the same towards with end, its just that whenever I seem to tighten, theres always alot of space left in the lug..maybe i have the wrong lugs
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Tuner Lugs - 03/30/06 02:51 AM
yes exactly, but my current lugs are also the same towards with end, its just that whenever I seem to tighten, theres always alot of space left in the lug..maybe i have the wrong lugs

Do a comparison.....count turns with your stock lugs.....then count the turns with the "aftermarket."
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Tuner Lugs - 03/30/06 02:57 AM
Originally posted by LocoGSR:

Do a comparison.....count turns with your stock lugs.....then count the turns with the "aftermarket."

I cant fit stock lugs onto my rims..requires tuner lugs..
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Tuner Lugs - 03/30/06 03:04 AM

I cant fit stock lugs onto my rims..requires tuner lugs..

With the wheels off.....
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Tuner Lugs - 03/30/06 03:20 AM
okay I'll try it

but anyone suggest better lugs that they have had a good experience with? tuner lug that is..
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Tuner Lugs - 03/30/06 03:22 AM
Discount Tire- Gorilla tuner lugs.....had them on my Contour.....have them on my Evo now.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Tuner Lugs - 03/30/06 03:48 AM
which is better, closed end acorn style? or open end?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Tuner Lugs - 03/30/06 03:54 AM
Using closed end.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Tuner Lugs - 03/30/06 03:56 AM
Using closed end.

okay cause right now im running open end
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Tuner Lugs - 03/30/06 05:01 AM
Using closed end.

so somthing like this huh?

Posted By: GreaseyMonkey Re: Tuner Lugs - 03/30/06 12:04 PM
yup, that's the set i've got.
right now on Konig Blatant. soon to be changed to Kazera KZ-R. either way, they fit, and they work.
Posted By: Harrry Re: Tuner Lugs - 03/30/06 09:23 PM
ok now my front passenger side wheel is like squeekin..I dont know what is going on!!

Im pretty sure these lugs are CRAP..but another thing is that my rims are set up weird..like the holes where the lugs go, towards the end its not flat, its oval so I dont get how the lugs are suppose to tighten that..

or

I have these on my wheels, never had a problem .
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Tuner Lugs - 03/30/06 11:13 PM
Using closed end.

so somthing like this huh?

Yep....exactly like that.
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: Tuner Lugs - 03/31/06 01:18 AM
I got black Gorilla lugs on both my Contours. Love them! Look great with dark wheels.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Tuner Lugs - 03/31/06 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Rickson:

or

I have these on my wheels, never had a problem .

same here.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Tuner Lugs - 03/31/06 04:06 PM
same here

you can also take the lugs off with a 6pt 17mm you don't need that special tool!
© CEG Archives