Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Swazo Check out these lightweight 19's - 02/23/06 06:28 AM
Thought I'd pass this info along for those who want big, yet lightweight wheels. The pricing isn't bad either, and they offer a decent amount of optional upgrades to the actual wheels like powdercoating, paint w/polished lip, etc.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Check out these lightweight 19's - 02/23/06 02:00 PM
good find
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Check out these lightweight 19's - 02/23/06 04:38 PM
That 16.5 lb one in chrome on a t-red (like my car) would look HOTTT

EDIT: [censored], $1,288.28 shipped!?! Ouch. I guess you gotta pay to look good. I wonder how strong they are (resistant to bending and such)?
Originally posted by 00_HO_Contour:
EDIT: [censored], $1,288.28 shipped!?! Ouch. I guess you gotta pay to look good.

Their prices are in line with many other reputable brands.

Deciding between the AM and A5 would be a *very* tough decision. Thankfully I don't need new wheels (whew!)
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: Check out these lightweight 19's - 02/23/06 10:40 PM
AM 19's with black painted center and polished lip would look great on my car. MUST....RESIST......URGE...TO BUY THEM.
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Check out these lightweight 19's - 02/24/06 04:20 AM
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:
EDIT: [censored], $1,288.28 shipped!?! Ouch. I guess you gotta pay to look good.

Their prices are in line with many other reputable brands.

I suppose you're right. Back when I was looking for rims for my 98 I was on a tight budget and spent less than that on rims and tires and tax I now know that they're pretty heavy since I know a lot more about rim/tire combos and whatnot
Posted By: gotapex Re: Check out these lightweight 19's - 02/24/06 06:10 AM
Interesting! That's extremely light for that size wheel.
Posted By: nofx198e5 Re: Check out these lightweight 19's - 02/27/06 05:37 PM
They are forged, should be very resistant to bends
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Check out these lightweight 19's - 02/27/06 05:55 PM
[censored], $1,288.28 shipped!?! Ouch. I guess you gotta pay to look good.

Actually, $300 p/ wheel for a performance 19" wheel is cheap.

Avus
Boyd Coddington
CCW
Forgeline
Fiske
Foose
HRE
i-forged
J-Line
Boze Forged
Work
ZE Forged

Wheels in 19s can run upwards of $2,000 per wheel.
Of course these are made to order forged wheels - hub-centric, custom drilled, your spec offset, choice of finishes/color, etc.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Check out these lightweight 19's - 02/28/06 02:54 PM
my friend has 19" HREs. $6000!!!!!!!!!
omgosh!
Posted By: Swazo Re: Check out these lightweight 19's - 03/02/06 07:57 AM
I'm getting details on the wheels and the options they list. I'll post whats eye findz
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: Check out these lightweight 19's - 03/02/06 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Swazo:
I'm getting details on the wheels and the options they list. I'll post whats eye findz

sounds good. I may be interested in these as well
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: Check out these lightweight 19's - 03/06/06 09:02 PM
bump
Posted By: Swazo Re: Check out these lightweight 19's - 03/06/06 11:29 PM
I'm working out an arrangement with them to do a groupbuy. I'll try to get Focus forums, NECO, FCO notice of the group buy to get as many people interested as possible for as big of a discount as we can get.

Still in the works, keep your eyes peeled in the GB section for an interest check later this week.
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: Check out these lightweight 19's - 03/07/06 01:15 PM
Nice. Have you gotten any info about the wheels themselves?

Any details you have so far would be great.
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Check out these lightweight 19's - 03/07/06 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Turbocharged Swazo:
I'm working out an arrangement with them to do a groupbuy. I'll try to get Focus forums, NECO, FCO notice of the group buy to get as many people interested as possible for as big of a discount as we can get.

Still in the works, keep your eyes peeled in the GB section for an interest check later this week.

If it can be arranged rather soon, count me in. If not its 18" Enkeis I go.
Posted By: Swazo Re: Check out these lightweight 19's - 03/07/06 05:42 PM
The wheels have a 42mm offset and the various finishes don't really change the price, unless it's an oddball color of paint of powdercoating.

Prices on their wheels are going to go up in the next few weeks by $35 a wheel because the cost of aluminum has gone up from their supplier. They have wheels onhand now that are still the "normal price" since they came from a previous run.
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: Check out these lightweight 19's - 03/07/06 06:02 PM
WTF? There goes the GB savings right out the window then. Even if a GB is arranged the price will prob be brought back down to what it is now.

Its ironic sometimes how the price increases (due to supplier costs) when a GB is proposed. Either way your looking at the price it is now. If you buy a set from what they have in stock or you get a GB price + the cost of $35 per wheel.

I know its a business but it makes you wonder sometimes.
Sounds to me like they don't want to budge on the price or work out any deals.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Check out these lightweight 19's - 03/21/06 05:05 AM
so they'll do wheels in our bolt pattern?
© CEG Archives