Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I am currently looking at getting 19" wheels for the contour. I would like to get your oponions as to whether these particular wheels will fit.

I have a Ground Control/Koni setup so my ride height is adjustable.

The Wheel:

Alba Bank

The Specs:

Size: 19x7.5

Offset: 48

Tires: 215/35/19

Will these fit the contour without any rubbing? Please Help!
Probably, but you better not.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Will these 19" Wheels fit...PLEASE HELP - 02/16/06 03:34 AM
I believe those will "fit" onto the car. They definitely won't fit the look of the car. Those are.............. ahh nevermind, you make your own decisions.

Mark
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
I believe those will "fit" onto the car. They definitely won't fit the look of the car. Those are.............. ahh nevermind, you make your own decisions.

Mark

Sorrry..Marks being a nicer guy then me....But those look like chit.
I respect everyone's opinions. Everyone has their own ideas of what "looks good" on a car. Even if I don't get these particular wheels I just want to know if the size, offset and tires will be a proper fit an not rub. Thanks
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Will these 19" Wheels fit...PLEASE HELP - 02/16/06 04:22 AM
is the wheel a 4x108?
Yes it is a 4x108
Posted By: Harrry Re: Will these 19" Wheels fit...PLEASE HELP - 02/16/06 05:38 AM
Originally posted by Cooliebuoy:
Yes it is a 4x108

They would go on a ghetto car. Not on a european style car!!

Please do not do that to a contour
Posted By: jtour Re: Will these 19" Wheels fit...PLEASE HELP - 02/16/06 03:13 PM
So did you buy those wheels? If so post pics of your ride.

Originally posted by HarryBallz:
Yes it is a 4x108

They would go on a ghetto car. Not on a european style car!!

Please do not do that to a contour

European style?.... Define that please.

I think he should do what he wants. I like chrome on contours, just not those in particular, but if you like them, do it.

The color of your car matters too if you are getting chrome.
Posted By: snakous Re: Will these 19" Wheels fit...PLEASE HELP - 02/16/06 05:36 PM
Originally posted by jtour:

Yes, he bought them, yet he is still asking if they will fit or not. Not to mention he said he was looking at getting them.
Posted By: snakous Re: Will these 19" Wheels fit...PLEASE HELP - 02/16/06 05:38 PM
Originally posted by nofx198e5:

Well considering the Contour is based off of a European car...
Posted By: jtour Re: Will these 19" Wheels fit...PLEASE HELP - 02/16/06 05:57 PM
Originally posted by snakous:

Yes, he bought them, yet he is still asking if they will fit or not. Not to mention he said he was looking at getting them.

WTF? First you say he got them. Then you say he is looking at getting them. So which is it
Posted By: snakous Re: Will these 19" Wheels fit...PLEASE HELP - 02/16/06 05:59 PM

WTF? First you say he got them. Then you say he is looking at getting them. So which is it

It's neither, it's called sarcasm
Posted By: jtour Re: Will these 19" Wheels fit...PLEASE HELP - 02/16/06 06:04 PM

It's neither, it's called sarcasm

I could really tell

My bad
Posted By: Harrry Re: Will these 19" Wheels fit...PLEASE HELP - 02/16/06 09:08 PM

Ford mondeo, have you heard of that car?? Wow where have u been my friend
Posted By: tsSVT Re: Will these 19" Wheels fit...PLEASE HELP - 02/16/06 09:35 PM
EVERYONE,stop bitching.That is why noobs don't stay.If he wants big chrome wheels on HIS car then that's what HE should do.There is no reason to be a bunch of jerks.If you don't like the wheels great,if you can't help him then keep it to yourself.

You probably should have searched first,But with that offset if you get a tire in a 225 or 235 it should be ok with minimal rubbing.You may have trouble with the rear fender lip.Those who are more experienced please correct me if I'm wrong.
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Will these 19" Wheels fit...PLEASE HELP - 02/16/06 09:35 PM
Those should be fine. The 19s I have for my SVT are 19x7.5. I don't think those would suit the touring look you have on your car but it's your car.

Aaron
Posted By: snakous Re: Will these 19" Wheels fit...PLEASE HELP - 02/16/06 09:46 PM

hey don't be quotin' me and sayin that chit! quote him only!
Originally posted by NVS SVT:
Those should be fine. The 19s I have for my SVT are 19x7.5. I don't think those would suit the touring look you have on your car but it's your car.

Aaron

What kind of wheels you got on your tour?
Just for reference here is a pic of my tour with 17" wheels. I have recently removed the touring spoiler and have replaced it with the pre 98 lip spoiler.

So will these wheels fit my ride without rubbing?

Dude, please don't do it!! Those 17"s look great on your car. If you really want bigger wheels, then go for it, but please not those. If you really want those wheels on a contour, buy my zetec and put them on it and give your SVT to someone that will do it right.
Posted By: Harrry Re: Will these 19" Wheels fit...PLEASE HELP - 02/17/06 12:12 AM

hey don't be quotin' me and sayin that chit! quote him only!

Didn;t even notice lol, well i was jumping onto the boat. Didn't realize what boat i got on. lol
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Will these 19" Wheels fit...PLEASE HELP - 02/17/06 12:56 AM

Aaron

Niche F16's. Same wheels that were on Underworld Customs CSVT.

Aaron

Aaron

Niche F16's. Same wheels that were on Underworld Customs CSVT.

Aaron

You got any pics of the Niche wheels on your tour?
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Will these 19" Wheels fit...PLEASE HELP - 02/17/06 01:28 AM
Here is a pic. Now remember the car is jacked up so don't mind the wheel gap

Aaron
If you don't mind me asking what is the offset on the wheels? Do they rub at all?
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Will these 19" Wheels fit...PLEASE HELP - 02/17/06 01:37 AM
I'm not sure i htink they might be 42mm, all I remmeer is when when they were ordered they assured my friend that they were OEM offset and I know my friend didn't get any rub even with the Ground Controls slammed.

Aaron
Originally posted by SVTfrog:
Dude, please don't do it!! Those 17"s look great on your car. If you really want bigger wheels, then go for it, but please not those. If you really want those wheels on a contour, buy my zetec and put them on it and give your SVT to someone that will do it right.

svt?!?!...youve been here 20000 posts and you cant tell thats a pre 98 zetec! sheesh
Haha, I wasn't paying attention. But dang, with the work to do the svt kit, and then ruin it with big ugly chrome wheels, that'd be a real shame.
© CEG Archives