Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: NiggShevik Black rims? - 01/04/06 09:34 PM
Hello everyone,
been a while since ive been on here. I've had my car for about 9 months, i think its time to do something with this heap. My first part of the project is to get some black 17" wider rims (225), then new brakes, along with the BAT kit to lower it. (good plan?) I have a 2000 black svt and i'm looking for all black rims, no chrome. I dont want these asian wheels on my ford any longer. i'd like preferably a thick 5 spoke design, somewhere along the lines of a stock svt rim, but 17''s. Anybody know a good place online? I've searched and i can't come up with anything other than ebay, any help would be appreciated. Thanks - Niggs
Posted By: Shawnb Re: Black rims? - 01/04/06 09:41 PM
Eh?
Posted By: Mod-deth Re: Black rims? - 01/04/06 09:44 PM
Love the look of both the 5 spoke and Euro blacks..

Hate the weight tho (21lbs...gulp!)
Posted By: NiggShevik Re: Black rims? - 01/06/06 08:17 AM
what would be considered a light weight rim? 18lbs-19? I need something similar to those, those look like they'd be nice with a lowering job, i'm not trying to sacrifice any power though. AHH help! any good sites you guys know of?
Posted By: Mod-deth Re: Black rims? - 01/06/06 01:38 PM
Originally posted by NiggShevik:
what would be considered a light weight rim? 18lbs-19? I need something similar to those, those look like they'd be nice with a lowering job, i'm not trying to sacrifice any power though. AHH help! any good sites you guys know of?

18-19lbs? Heck no. 16-14 is more like it.

Remember for every pound of sprung weight you remove, the double coeficient squared by the inverse of gravity cubed divided by pie (mmmmmm...pie...) multiplied by the Paris factor (traditionally seen as 2x1)........well, anyways, its a good thing for handling.

Unfortuneatly, it seems that for every lb lighter, $$$ increases significantly. Keep an eye on Ebay, the CEG classifieds, and even Focaljet.com for deals.
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: Black rims? - 01/06/06 03:27 PM
Look here - these wheels are just a tad under 17 lbs, and are relatively inexpensive ($125-$140 depending upon where you get them from). I have these (in Gunmetal) on my car for a little over a year. Click the link on my sig for a view.
Posted By: 99Mystique ATX Re: Black rims? - 01/06/06 03:29 PM
Heavy is bad... I know that my car slowed down about a half second in the 1/4 mile...
Posted By: NiggShevik Re: Black rims? - 01/06/06 06:55 PM
woah those rev model 10s in black are ill. i've got a 650 dollar budget, might just have to get those
Posted By: NiggShevik Re: Black rims? - 01/06/06 06:56 PM
i like the red detail in the center, i'm trying to get the black and red look going.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Black rims? - 01/06/06 08:14 PM
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: Black rims? - 01/06/06 08:19 PM
This site has them listed for $465 for a set of four.
Posted By: NiggShevik Re: Black rims? - 01/07/06 08:03 PM
awesome link, thanks for that. question. do u think those 17 pounders will have any problems with durability?
Posted By: Dj Perico Re: Black rims? - 01/07/06 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Coolkuehl3:
I know this thread is getting a little old, but I have to spout off about an online e-tailer that I think is absolutely terrible.
Don't anyone ever order anything from StreetStyler.com I have been going around and around with them for over 2 months about the REV X's I have ordered. Don't want to bore anyone with the details unless you really want to hear them. If so, PM me.
I know they don't deal with much for our cars except maybe the wheels and they are more for the ricers, but please do not use them.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Click me

YKSVT order from them and a few others.
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: Black rims? - 01/07/06 08:44 PM
I have had mine for about a year - during which time they were used for three open track weekends. I have not had a problem with them at all. In fact I am looking to get another set myself so I can put a real track tire on them.
Posted By: NiggShevik Re: Black rims? - 01/08/06 02:23 AM
isnt it 4x108? those say 4x100. . .
Posted By: NiggShevik Re: Black rims? - 01/08/06 02:24 AM
same thing?
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Black rims? - 01/08/06 02:58 AM
same thing?

No. 4x100 is different than 4x108, hence the reason they have different numbers.
Posted By: Dj Perico Re: Black rims? - 01/08/06 03:35 AM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
same thing?

No. 4x100 is different than 4x108, hence the reason they have different numbers.

You should call them and see if they got them for 4x108.

Wheel Source Usa
Posted By: Coolkuehl3_dup1 Re: Black rims? - 01/08/06 05:11 AM
Originally posted by Dj Perico:
Originally posted by Coolkuehl3:
I know this thread is getting a little old, but I have to spout off about an online e-tailer that I think is absolutely terrible.
Don't anyone ever order anything from StreetStyler.com I have been going around and around with them for over 2 months about the REV X's I have ordered. Don't want to bore anyone with the details unless you really want to hear them. If so, PM me.
I know they don't deal with much for our cars except maybe the wheels and they are more for the ricers, but please do not use them.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Thats my quote, and yes I wouldn't recommend streetstyler.com, but their price is good and I did eventually get my wheels. Just make sure they have them in stock. I really like the look the Rev X's give my car.

Posted By: NiggShevik Re: Black rims? - 01/08/06 08:28 PM
yeah, those look sick, i want those, thanks for the pic man. And thanks for all the help and links, id be lost without this site. thanks! - niggs
© CEG Archives