Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Hey, I was just wondering if any of you Tropic Green guys are running gold wheels. I'm really considering getting the SVT Euro wheel from BAT in gold, but I'm not 100% sure.

I've seen gold wheels on green cars before, and I think they look excellent, but those cars didn't have anywhere near the same body design as the CSVT. In fact, the last green car with gold wheels that I saw was an old Triumph TR-6 that was British Racing Green with some gold spoke wheels.

Man, that thing was sweet.

Anyways, opinions? Pictures? Photochops? Anything?

Thanks.
I was thinking of gold svt euros with my black car for that STi kinda look. I then decided that while it might look good, something else will def look better, and also I cant afford new wheels anyway
I figured that the only way I would be able to decide would be to jack up my dad's STi and roll one of his wheels up next to my car, step back, and take a look.

I was just hoping to see pictures before I took it that far.
I think the svt euros might be a little too bright. Something more bronzey like this would look good:
I was thinking the same, which is why I would like pictures.

I was hoping that they wouldn't be the "bling bling" gold, but then I saw the picture on BAT's website, and I was like, "[censored]..."

Maybe I'll buy the gray ones since they are the cheapest and get them powdercoated....
I hold you soley responsible if I fail any finals this week:

I feel like it needs less "Luck of the irish"
Originally posted by hotdimmes:

You don't have to answer me right now, dude. School work > some kind 2,000 miles away.

Thanks for all of your help, though. I'm depressed now that I see what it would look like.
I like the green and gold.
ohh boy...that looks great. it looks like I made the right choice in color as well fpr my black CSVT. Now what size tires are you running on those gold SVT's? I was thinking about 245/245's on mine. Chris
I dont know the specs or who owns the svt in that first picture and the 2nd one is a photoshop.
I took some pictures with my dad's spare STi wheel next to my car. If the SVT wheel is close (and I mean close) to the color of the STi wheel, then it is a sealed deal. It looks soooooo nice. I will post up some pictures later of how gold 17"s look next to a green CSVT.

I'm really weary about spending ~$650 on a set of wheels that I really have no clue about. Ideally, I would like to go to a Ford dealership and mount them up on my car, but I highly doubt that that would happen.

Has anyone seen the wheels in gold before? Do they come close to matching the STi wheel color?
could be the lighting but:

I think the STi wheel is a bit less bright. Also, those euro focus wheels are pretty heavy too.
Originally posted by Shawnb:
Originally posted by hotdimmes:

You don't have to answer me right now, dude. School work > some kind 2,000 miles away.

Thanks for all of your help, though. I'm depressed now that I see what it would look like.

Gotta love the green for the money...gold for the honeys

I wish they were that color...

I really, really do.

Okay, guys. I'm thinking that I probably won't be getting those wheels, due to the color. And, as much as I would like nice gold wheels, I don't think I can dish out ~$200/wheel for gold OZ wheels; which seem to be the only other gold wheel I can find in the United States that I like.

I started looking around and found a gorgeous wheel made by Fox Racing. It is the EVO 3 wheel, and I was really considering getting it. That is, until I realized I couldn't find a dealer in the US. Foiled again...

Or not...

I went to TireRack for the 5 millionth time, and happened across a wheel I had never noticed. It is called the "Sport Edition Fox 3". And, as the name implies, it is a knock-off of the EVO 3. Although it doesn't come in the titanium finish as the EVO 3 does, they still look great. What's even better is that they are on sale for $89/wheel.

Here's the link: http://www.tirerack.com/servlet/CallJsp?target=wheelSearchCloseUp&wheelIndex=12&sizeIndex=0&showRear=no&setIndex=3&filterSize=&filterFinish=Painted&filterSpecial=true

If I get these, and after a while I get tired of them, I will most likely get them powder coated gold.

So, whatchu guys think?
I would save up my money and get the wheels you want. Trust me you want cool wheels that will look nice. Wheels can either make or break your cars look. So I would wait and get the ones your really want.

Anyone know of a place that sells the OZ Superturismo GT in the USoA? All the places that I find are overseas somewhere, and I'm not paying international shipping on top of ~$900 wheels.

EDIT. Nevermind, I just realized that TireRack sells thems.

I'm such a dumbass.
Originally posted by jtour:
I would save up my money and get the wheels you want. Trust me you want cool wheels that will look nice. Wheels can either make or break your cars look. So I would wait and get the ones your really want.

Great advice
I know I'm bringing this back from the dead, but I figured this would be better than starting a new thread.

Okay, what do y'all prefer. Do not look at brand and don't worry about price; just which one is more appealing to you.

-or-

Those Excels would look better IMO but the OZ is a much better made wheel
No doubt about the quality, man.

Sometimes, sacrifices have to be made, though. Heh.

This is "ryanblacksvt" on svtperf's car:

I think they look pretty good. Just not in that color on my car... Heh.
I read through the stickies at the top, and in one thread I read this:

"I've figured it out finally.

17X7 will rub with 215's unless your offset is 42mm or greater. Don't try 215/40, that's stupid. 215/45 is min.

17X7.5 will rub if you're 225/45's, BUT WON't with 235/40's, nor with 215/45's with ANY offset (since the extra .5inches stretches the tire out)."

As you can see, with the 7.5" section, it says "ANY offset." Is this really true? Can I not fit 225/45-17s on a 17x7.5" rim with a +40mm offset without rubbing or will I have to go with either a 215/45-17 or 235/40-17 and deal with my speedo being off?

Are any of you guys running 17x7.5s? If so, what size tire are you running?
Excel rims by far look better! Make sure you get an 18inch rim.

I feel like such a woman...

I have changed my mind once again. I found an excellent looking 17x7.5" wheel that I am going to use.

New wheels that I will eventually get:

© CEG Archives