Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: lizard tire wear - 11/24/05 06:06 PM
so all 4 of my tires are wearing at the same rate. they are good year aquatread 3's never rotated them and my alighnment is perfect. i know my spirited driving has some to do with it but i wouldnt think that much. does anyone else have these tires or had problems like this.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: tire wear - 11/24/05 06:55 PM
how many miles?..also whats the tread wear for the tires? and rotating is more important to a tires life then you obv thought
Posted By: lizard Re: tire wear - 11/26/05 07:29 PM
maybe 15 or 20 thousand on the tires and they are 80 thousand warranty tires
Posted By: ToasterOven Re: tire wear - 11/28/05 03:23 PM
so wait, there is something wrong with the tires wearing at the same rate?
i understand they usually dont, but with your alignment perfect and all, whats the problem?
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: tire wear - 11/28/05 07:48 PM
I suspect he thinks they wore out too soon. Maybe they are cruummy tires or maybe he forgot to allow for the "fun" factor.
Posted By: ToasterOven Re: tire wear - 11/29/05 03:01 PM
i see... that would make sense.
Posted By: lizard Re: tire wear - 11/29/05 09:28 PM
even with "hard driving" shouldn't the front tire wear faster than the rear?
Posted By: epattonm Re: tire wear - 11/29/05 10:12 PM
Originally posted by lizard:
even with "hard driving" shouldn't the front tire wear faster than the rear?

I should learn to read.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: tire wear - 11/29/05 10:16 PM
First of all, what exactly is a "perfect alignment"? Also, how much wear are you seeing, and how did you measure it?
Posted By: Christian_dup1 Re: tire wear - 11/30/05 01:26 PM
I always assumed that the traction tires wear first, fronts in our case (I may be wrong as I never needed to checkup on this).

If everything's wearing the same, and driving seems fine, and the tire's are wearing evenly I personally wouldn't worry too much. Means you just don't need tire rotation.

Maybe check and see if you can figure whether you think the fronts are wearing less than they should, or the rears are wearing more. That will give you an idea of which end of the car is different at least.
Posted By: striker2 Re: tire wear - 11/30/05 03:09 PM
i had the same tires and they only lasted me maybe 30k miles. of course, my driving was extremly spirited, lots of squeeling and lots of e-brake turns in the winter.
Posted By: lizard Re: tire wear - 11/30/05 09:45 PM
my driving is close to the same expect ive put the car sideways on dirt, snow, and even dry pavement. which im not doing again cuz that was horrible for my tires.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: tire wear - 11/30/05 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
First of all, what exactly is a "perfect alignment"? Also, how much wear are you seeing, and how did you measure it?

Lizard, did you miss this? If you give more data we can figure out what is going on.
Posted By: lizard Re: tire wear - 11/30/05 10:07 PM
sorry i saw it but im still looking for the printout of my alignment.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: tire wear - 12/02/05 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Big Jim:
I suspect he thinks they wore out too soon. Maybe they are cruummy tires or maybe he forgot to allow for the "fun" factor.

Yeah they aren't made at all for spirited driving.

And you should have kept them rotated. Now, you can't get the 80k mile warranty honored.

But atleast you can get a better tire now.
Posted By: lizard Re: tire wear - 12/02/05 09:55 PM
hey i dont meind too much now cuz they are just my winter tires i just got new rims and tires. and ill make sure i rotate them from time to time
© CEG Archives