Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: DESIGN yes another tire question but different - 11/23/05 03:29 PM
A friend of mine just gave me a new pair of Goodyear Eagles. However they are 225/60/16 and I am running E0 wheels. I have two new tires on the front of my car(Khumo ASX 205/55/16) but my rear two are Pep Boys no names and nearly worn. I know that 225s will fit the rim but the 60 aspect disturbs me. I would only have these on the rear of my car for about a month and a half.

So my question is do you think that a 225/60 would rub on the rear? Would they look great, no, would they work is the question?

Thanks,
jon
Posted By: Stazi Re: yes another tire question but different - 11/23/05 03:37 PM
THose are BALLOONS! They would surely rub in the rear and the ride will be like a Buick.
Posted By: DESIGN Re: yes another tire question but different - 11/23/05 03:52 PM
Thanks, again for a temporary thing all I would be worried about is the rubbing. The ride quality already sucks on my car (209000 miles Auto Zetec). It gets all new suspension in Jan.

Jon
They will not fit.

One time when I bought tires, the tire shop misunderstood and tried to mount up that size instead of 225/50R16, and you could not get them up to the hub there were so big. They hit the struts.
© CEG Archives