Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Robb_dup1 Bigger Rotors ? - 01/26/06 05:32 PM
Are there bigger rotors available for the 9 CSVT ? I have done a quick search but it never shows anything. I just want a larger rotor to fill the space behind the rim .. I think it looks dumb with alot of space behind therim with little tiny rotors .

any help is appreciated .
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: Bigger Rotors ? - 01/26/06 05:36 PM
Search much?

Also go here
Posted By: Robb_dup1 Re: Bigger Rotors ? - 01/26/06 06:11 PM
the 2nd one seems to be only for the rears ?
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: Bigger Rotors ? - 01/26/06 06:14 PM
I didn't read your post right the first time - I took it as if you had 9" discs, which are on the rear. The TCE website has bigger rotors, but also requires different calipers. Baer also has a kit (as does BAT). If you are in it only for the bling I believe the Baer kit is the lowest cost. If you want real man's brakes then get the Wilwood kit from TCE.
Posted By: Robb_dup1 Re: Bigger Rotors ? - 01/26/06 06:29 PM
my badd. I meant to type 98" not "9" .. I'am only looking for looks not performance. So I cannot just find bigger rotors without braking the bank.. no pun intended
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: Bigger Rotors ? - 01/26/06 06:31 PM
I forgot about this one, but check the Focus SVT sticky at the top of this forum. I believe the Focus rotors are 12".
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Bigger Rotors ? - 01/26/06 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Robb:
my badd. I meant to type 98" not "9" .. I'am only looking for looks not performance. So I cannot just find bigger rotors without braking the bank.. no pun intended

Not really. As mentioned the Focus setup is the 'cheapest' 'big' brake kit. The rotors are 300mm IIRC.
Posted By: Matty K Re: Bigger Rotors ? - 01/26/06 09:41 PM
And require a swap to Focus calipers..... but, still, well worth it! I've been trolling for wrecked FSVTs.......
Posted By: tropictour Re: Bigger Rotors ? - 01/27/06 01:22 AM
Do the FSVT brakes fit behind the E0/E1's?
-tropictour
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Bigger Rotors ? - 01/27/06 03:42 AM
yeah, there are several options coming.

Stazi may be the man to contact about it...
Posted By: tropictour Re: Bigger Rotors ? - 01/27/06 08:31 AM
Oh really, Thats good news cause its almost brake time for me.
-tropictour
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Bigger Rotors ? - 01/27/06 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Matty K:
And require a swap to Focus calipers..... but, still, well worth it! I've been trolling for wrecked FSVTs.......

I don't believe that it does. I believe you have to swap to the focus caliper BRACKETS, but not the calipers themselves.
© CEG Archives