Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Goonz SVT Wilwood Confusion - 10/28/05 03:34 AM
guys im in the hunt for new brakes and Im kinda lost on this, I see some contours with the calipers angeled like this in chris's car

and the one advertised for our contours from like BAT and SP are there..

now does the bottom one look the same as the top one on chris's car or is there somthing im missing?? thanks
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: Wilwood Confusion - 10/28/05 03:48 AM
One is a NDL caliper on stock rotors (BAT) and the other is a FSL on a 13"x0.81" Coleman Rotor from TCE.

The latter (TCE) is the better of the 2 since from what I heard the BAT kit made for a long pedal (ie poorly chosen piston size for the master-cylnder).

Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Wilwood Confusion - 10/28/05 03:53 AM
Originally posted by timeless420:
One is a NDL caliper on stock rotors (BAT) and the other is a FSL on a 13"x0.81" Coleman Rotor from TCE.

The latter (TCE) is the better of the 2 since from what I heard the BAT kit made for a long pedal (ie poorly chosen piston size for the master-cylnder).

yea and the TCE one costs pretty good also

anywho you think the FSL one will have clearance issues with stock EO's since I do need them for winter?
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: Wilwood Confusion - 10/28/05 04:02 AM
No chance. Also these calipers have no dust seals so watch out if using them in the winter.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Wilwood Confusion - 10/28/05 04:23 AM
Originally posted by timeless420:
No chance. Also these calipers have no dust seals so watch out if using them in the winter.

awesome, god I love winter!

stazi brakes here I come..again!

anyway to make the brakes bigger?
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Wilwood Confusion - 10/28/05 11:37 AM
without the above options....focus svt brakes. BUt they are only an inch larger.
I'm working on some stuff right now.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Wilwood Confusion - 10/28/05 11:41 AM
Goonz, this may have been covered somewhere else but why do you want to make the brakes bigger?
And I would talk to more people than one person if making up your mind about whether or not to get a product, any product.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Wilwood Confusion - 10/28/05 12:11 PM
Originally posted by chknhwk:
Goonz, this may have been covered somewhere else but why do you want to make the brakes bigger?
And I would talk to more people than one person if making up your mind about whether or not to get a product, any product.

well im usually a hard on my brakes so to say, plus im getting rims in the spring and would like to have a nice brake kit to match the look and also performance..
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: Wilwood Confusion - 10/28/05 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
anywho you think the FSL one will have clearance issues with stock EO's since I do need them for winter?

The FSL will ABSOLUTELY NOT fit E0 wheels.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Wilwood Confusion - 10/28/05 01:44 PM
Best bang for the buck "big-brakes" kit for the CSVT is the FSVT kit - and I can get Titaniums for them also (in stock). The braking with the FSVT's is awesome.

THe BAER kit is nice, but the cost of the rotors is $$$$$ when it comes time to replace - that's my only beef.
Posted By: Todd TCE_dup1 Re: Wilwood Confusion - 10/28/05 04:48 PM
The FSL is the larger of the two.

The other is not the NDL, but the Dynalite. (DL)
The DL has a much thinner .49" brake pad than the FSL of .800 and much smaller area as well.

The NDL is somewhere in the middle.

The alternate to both of these is a DynaPro which is booted for those who find this important. It's radial mount and with conversion brackets can be fit to the 12.2 x .81 TCE kit only. No 13s. It's listed as a sub option for about another $250. Very nice part too- low profile, stiff (better than NDL and way better than DL) and has .625 pads in them.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Wilwood Confusion - 10/29/05 05:09 AM
Originally posted by Stazi:
Best bang for the buck "big-brakes" kit for the CSVT is the FSVT kit - and I can get Titaniums for them also (in stock). The braking with the FSVT's is awesome.

IIRC my EO calipers will be fine? what does change with the FSVT brakes and what is needed?
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: Wilwood Confusion - 10/29/05 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Stazi:

IIRC my EO calipers will be fine? what does change with the FSVT brakes and what is needed?

You will need the Focus SVT rotors (which are bigger than the Contour SVT rotors) and Focus SVT calipers and caliper brackets. The brackets come with the calipers. Mounting spacing is slightly off and hardened washers are needed for spacers and some use slightly longer mounting bolts to accomodate the slightly different spacing. You can find more detail of this easily with a search.

There has been some talk of making brackets to allow the use of the non SVT and late SVT style caliper, but I have not heard of anyone finishing up with this. The Focus SVT calipers would be a better choice anyway because they cover more of the rotor.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Wilwood Confusion - 10/31/05 12:31 AM
anyone got pics of the FSVT brakes on their car?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Wilwood Confusion - 10/31/05 01:39 PM
Fuggin' search. All this stuff has been posted. Sticky at the top and someone just posted pics.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Wilwood Confusion - 10/31/05 02:26 PM
Originally posted by todras:
Fuggin' search. All this stuff has been posted. Sticky at the top and someone just posted pics.

get the hell outta here.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Wilwood Confusion - 10/31/05 03:00 PM
anyone got pics of the FSVT brakes on their car?

I should slap you - BUT, I will just tell you that you can look at the last pics of my car to see the FSVT fronts on it.
© CEG Archives