Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: todras_dup1 Know what pads come with 13.1 Baer kit? - 08/01/05 05:04 PM
Installed this on Mikey Boys car this weekend. Man do these suckers dust like crazy. Small price to pay for the stopping power! Anyone know what pads came with the GB in mid '04? What pads/vehicle do you order for the PBR calipers when it's time to change? Mustang?
I believe you get Cobra pads....
You get pads for a 98 cobra. Just changed mine about 3 months ago. Its an exact match, expensive as hell from the dealer though!!
Posted By: m!key Re: Know what pads come with 13.1 Baer kit? - 08/02/05 01:27 AM
hey todd thanks. we know that the kit is a cobra kit but what kind of compound are they made of? would a set of the Ti pads be better suited for daily use?
Posted By: Stazi Re: Know what pads come with 13.1 Baer kit? - 08/02/05 05:44 PM
I can get the Cobra pads in Ti's
What about my rotors BTW?
Posted By: m!key Re: Know what pads come with 13.1 Baer kit? - 08/02/05 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:
I can get the Cobra pads in Ti's

can you PM me a good price? actually they dont seem to be dusting at all anymore.
I can't believe you don't know this. I mean, you did search, right?
They are PBR pads. You can get replacement pads through Baer. My g/f uses them for street/track use in her 98 Cobra. They were about $113.
sweet what kinda coin do those bear breaks cost?
Originally posted by chknhwk:
I can't believe you don't know this. I mean, you did search, right?

Yep. Let me know what you turn up.
Originally posted by chknhwk:

They are PBR pads. You can get replacement pads through Baer.

Thanks captain obvious.
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:

http://www.spmotorsports.com/contour_brakekits_baer.html

Most have purchased through GB's. And it's Baer.
damn thats not bad at all they are comparable to bat's prices for the willwood and i think i would rather have baer brakes personally.
The Wilwood kit that TCE has weighs considerably less, and is priced about the same. When / if the time comes, I'm going the TCE route...

damn thats not bad at all they are comparable to bat's prices for the willwood and i think i would rather have baer brakes personally.

Posted By: NVSVT Know what pads come with 13.1 Baer kit? - 08/05/05 05:23 AM

AJ-USA now sells Baer Brakes (see attached link). Their price is $703.97 for the Baer Claw Front Track Kit, and in addition to the low price, shipping is free. If you use the Promo Code, AJSAVINGS, at checkout you save an additional $30 bringing the total to only $673.97

http://www.ajusa.com/cgi-bin/baer/products?part_category=Baer%20Claw%20Systems&part_name=&ajr_skey=5eff5f6a8ef8e83bf934c75c49bd842c

By the way it should be spelled Baer brakes , not bear breaks . And for the record the Baer rotors for a Contour are 13� diameter, not 13.1�
They are PBR pads for '96-'04 Cobras and some later model year GT's (I think). The cheapest I've seen is through Baer. FYI, you can use ANY brake pad for those year Cobras. Hawk, Performance Friction, Cobalt, Carbotech, Ferodo, etc, etc.
But I'd look harder at the Wilwoods after running the Baers for awhile...
Posted By: m!key Re: Know what pads come with 13.1 Baer kit? - 08/06/05 09:57 PM
the dusting is not a problem anymore and i have been talking to stazi about Ti pads. we will see what happens.
© CEG Archives