Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: takearide_dup1 Slow brake leak - 12/07/04 04:21 PM
I have a very slow brake fluid leak on my SVT that I have been unable to locate. It takes about 200 miles to empty the resivour. But I can't find any fluid anywhere. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Slow brake leak - 12/07/04 07:34 PM
Internet diagnosis is negatory on this one.
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: Slow brake leak - 12/07/04 08:41 PM
If you can't find a leak from the lines, master cylinder, calipers, AND clutch hydraulic linkage, check the master cylinder again. Especially check to see if the brake fluid is being sucked into the brake booster. You should be able to unbolt the master from the booster. If it is leaking, the booster will be wet with brake fluid. Don't forget to check the clutch master, lines, and as well as you can, the clutch slave.
Posted By: irda Re: Slow brake leak - 12/07/04 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Big Jim:
check the master cylinder again. Especially check to see if the brake fluid is being sucked into the brake booster.

I agree, I had this problem, basically couldn't find any fluid leak anywhere until I took out the master cylinder and could only see fluid leaking after removing from brake booster.

The problem will only get worse, so I suggest you get that fixes ASAP or drive another car if you have that luxury, because as I was diagnosing my brakes like you are, and was waiting for my master cylinder to arrive I was still driving it around short distances. Brakes kept losing pressure little by little each day, still worked, but fully pressed for 5 secs, pedal would go all the way down. Then once i had to start pumping my pedal for it to stop... very scary experience. luckily that was when i just picked up my parts so..
Posted By: jezze jamez Re: Slow brake leak - 10/20/05 10:12 PM
I know this is a old post but how do u fix this problem , gasket or new booster?
Posted By: DaJudge Re: Slow brake leak - 10/20/05 10:35 PM
Originally posted by jezze jamez:
I know this is a old post but how do u fix this problem , gasket or new booster?

Master cylinder.
© CEG Archives