Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: KTPdave Where can I buy a rear strut bar? - 10/06/03 06:01 PM
Ok I have seen the one on BAT for the Cougar....does that one work for the Contique? Where else can I buy one? Is there one anyone recommends? Thanks!!!!!!!
Posted By: fasti4contour Re: Where can I buy a rear strut bar? - 10/06/03 07:00 PM
Bat has a rear strut brace that you can weld in or bolt in.
Try this one from Performance Fords. I am very happy with mine
Posted By: Jason43 Re: Where can I buy a rear strut bar? - 10/07/03 12:28 AM
I'd go with this one.
Posted By: KTPdave Re: Where can I buy a rear strut bar? - 10/07/03 07:54 AM
Does the Cougar one fit with modifications or what? I want to get one that is the easiest to install.
There is so much body flex that the windows are starting to creak.
Posted By: fasti4contour Re: Where can I buy a rear strut bar? - 10/07/03 03:20 PM
You can always make something fit with the right amount of money time and resources.But why struggle with that when they make a rear strut brace for the contour. Bolt in is probably the easiest but if you know how to weld then weld away.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Where can I buy a rear strut bar? - 10/07/03 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Jason43:
I'd go with this one.

This one was easy as hell to instll. Just get it up there and adjust the nut.
Posted By: mr_froge_dup1 Re: Where can I buy a rear strut bar? - 10/07/03 04:27 PM
Originally posted by bk4293:
Originally posted by Jason43:
I'd go with this one.

This one was easy as hell to instll. Just get it up there and adjust the nut.

That bar pre-supposes the strut towers always move toward each other.. wrong.. they can move from side to side and away from each other.. That is why the st200 rear strut bar looks so over-designed, it realy was meant to be used in real-world rally use, not just cosmetic applications.
Posted By: KTPdave Re: Where can I buy a rear strut bar? - 10/07/03 07:00 PM
alright where do I get the st200 bar?
Posted By: LuckySVT Re: Where can I buy a rear strut bar? - 10/08/03 12:04 AM
I dont think anyone answered this person's post yet, because i am also interested in a rear strut brace. If you go to BAT's catalog and look under suspension there is 2 rear strut bars. 1 for the cougar that is the rear strut brace cougar ST200. And there is another one that is called the Rear strut brace, plain and simple. NOw the ST200 rear strut brace, can that fit our cars?(SVT, Contours) or can it not? I know the second rear strut brace can, but the ST200 never said that it wouldnt fit SVT, Contours, etc. Can anyone give me some sort of explanation please?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Where can I buy a rear strut bar? - 10/08/03 02:31 AM
Call BAT and ask them.
Posted By: low10s Re: Where can I buy a rear strut bar? - 10/10/03 02:44 AM
the strut bar Jason43 mentioned is a good bar. i called and talked to them before i got mine.the guy at factory wings said they tested it on a road course. they marked it first and after an all day session it did not move at all. he said it was lifting the inside tire going into a right or left handed turn. but you could weld or bolt it in also. give them a call and talk to the ones who made it. later
Posted By: Shaun G_dup1 Re: Where can I buy a rear strut bar? - 10/11/03 08:14 PM
I have one for sale in the classifieds.
© CEG Archives