Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
There's a guy I work with who frequently talks about the Mazda MX-6 he used to own. He said it was "slammed". He said he lowered it the "right way", with McPherson Racing Struts. I asked what kind of springs he used and he said, "oh, it didn't have springs, just the struts."

Is this even possible? If it is, I wouldn't think it would be a very good way to lower your car. I would think you would be bottomed out all the time!

I didn't want to argue with him, cuz my suspension knowledge is limited (just what I've read on this board). Is this guy full of sh!t? Or is this a common thing. I've heard of cutting springs, but removing them altogether??
LMAO! Don't try to argue with him, it's obvious he's pulling your leg.
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
LMAO! Don't try to argue with him, it's obvious he's pulling your leg.

Or he's just clueless...
My buddy pulled the springs out of his Neon when the Eibachs blew the stock struts. He drove that way for a few months till he could afford his KYBs. The car rode like ass, but it did look cool. He could drag his exhaust on speedbumps too.

There was also an Expire rolling around town for awhile with this same setup. His friends took the springs while he was in jail. hehe
© CEG Archives