Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: IonNinja I found new Contour springs... - 03/31/03 04:57 AM
anyone ever used these??? any opinions on them??

they're pretty cheap in price and they're givin the drop I want...hmmmmmm

http://www.mysticalspeed.com/dz.htm

almost forgot the link...
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: I found new Contour springs... - 03/31/03 05:12 AM
according to the * on that page, the springs part number is TBA, so they may not even be made yet. I might would get those if they're any good, and I'll finally get a use outta these svt struts that have been sitting in my house for almost 4 months.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: I found new Contour springs... - 03/31/03 05:39 AM
at the top it says
S= Standard
*= Special order

so I don't know...could just take longer to be delivered

I'll found out in about 4 weeks (2 paychecks from now) maybe if nobody gets em...I might give em a shot if they're available
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 03/31/03 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
according to the * on that page, the springs part number is TBA, so they may not even be made yet. I might would get those if they're any good, and I'll finally get a use outta these svt struts that have been sitting in my house for almost 4 months.

Thats nothing, Ask the Chicago guys, My ST200 struts and Eibachs have been in my car for awhile now, not installed on my car, but in my trunk are the struts and in the backseat are the Eibachs.

And the really do lower my car too, I guess from all the weight on the rear end.
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 03/31/03 07:59 AM
WOW, thats cheap. I might try these too, if they turn out to be any good.
Then again, there is that old saying...you get what you pay for.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: I found new Contour springs... - 03/31/03 12:35 PM
at that price, if they last 30k miles, then they're worth it. they might not ride great or give best handling results, but i'm guessing they're a good bit stiffer than stock springs and will help handling out a little anyways.
Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/01/03 12:30 AM
i was jsut about to get some intrax and they are 225 and offer the same drop so im gonna try these and c how they work
Posted By: IonNinja Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/01/03 05:11 AM
me too...let us know how they work out.
Posted By: tourman113 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/01/03 06:52 AM
I have actually only heard good things about them...Mostly from truck owners and some imports...I would try it if i had the money!!!
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/01/03 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
they might not ride great or give best handling results,

Then whats the point???
Posted By: IonNinja Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/01/03 08:25 AM
LOOKS!
Posted By: 18psi2300 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/01/03 02:19 PM
Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/01/03 02:37 PM
if i read correctly they have a lifetime warranty cant go wrong there also is that total or do iu need 2 sets cause 105 is unreal thats cheaper that roush springs were
Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/01/03 05:17 PM
im gonna call them today but they have the same part number for 4cyl as for 6cyl. and that shoudltn be should it, cause the 6cyl are harder bc of the heavier engine?? so anyone shed some light on this
Posted By: Andy W._dup1 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/01/03 06:46 PM
The engine's weights are about 40 pounds different. The Zetec has an iron block making it heavier than the all aluminum Duratec!

-Andy
Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/01/03 06:59 PM
i just called them and they are the same spring so im gonn aorder them today i frogot to ask if they are progressive or linear.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/01/03 08:31 PM
awesome,,, so once you get them and tell us what you think, i'll probably order them. How's this sound, used svt struts with about half miles my current struts have, these springs, and front spring hats needed for pre98 to 98+ strut conversion. Is that all I need?
Posted By: IonNinja Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/01/03 08:37 PM
yeah if the part number is the same...how do u know whether u need pre98 or 98+ struts or not?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/01/03 08:49 PM
umm, you go buy the year,, you would be the 95-97 on their site, i have svt struts i'm gonna use, so I would buy the 98+ springs. Did some research, some people say bad, some say good. I didn't seen anything that said the quality is bad, in fact I saw some that saids it's good. Just a lotta people say that it's a really hard ride.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/02/03 05:52 AM
yes I know all that...but he said the part number was the same...meaning they're the exact same spring (right?)

if they're the exact same spring they can't fit on both cars...
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/02/03 01:42 PM
look at the website that you posted, it's different part numbers for different years... i think he was talking about same for 4cyl/6cyl.
Posted By: Vermeleon69 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/02/03 03:48 PM
is the price posted for all 4 springs or just for the front then have to buy another set for the back?
Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/02/03 04:45 PM
naw price is all 4 i was liek WOW jsut 20 dollars shipping.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/02/03 08:37 PM
ohhh, guess I should've looked earlier...makes sense now

so who has ordered these so far?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/03/03 12:03 AM
so you ordered them?? looks like I know what I'll be getting for my birthday... anybody have some 98+ front spring hats? that's what someone told me I need to make my svt struts work. my car is gonna look nice when it's dropped,kitted, CF hood, and wheels.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/08/03 12:51 AM
what the hell is this, no springs for the 6cyl pre 98???? can you use the post 98 ones?? if i remb, correctly you can use post 98s on pre 98 but not pre 98s on post98s
something to do with pig tail style spring or something anyone now?? another cheap place is jcwhitney has lowering tech. springs like 180 after shipping or 80 per set
Posted By: Bob Kulstad Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/08/03 04:10 AM
Someone needs to ask them what the spring rates are, and compare them to the intrax....
Posted By: IonNinja Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/08/03 08:35 PM
just get the 98+ springs...as far as I know so far, all you need is 98+ struts to make them fit.

plus I don't really think its the engine that matters, only the years...
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/08/03 08:56 PM
I emailed them asking for some other info, but no reply yet. I'm still trying to find out if I'll need camber adjusters.
Posted By: EuroTour Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/09/03 01:02 AM
Does it bother anyone else that they also make springs for the Geo Prizm?!
Posted By: IonNinja Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/09/03 05:20 AM
Geo's are monsters on the drag strip...those 19 second 1/4 mile times are killer! its all about power to weight ratio!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/09/03 08:26 PM
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
MODDIFIED Geo's are monsters on the drag strip...those 19 second 1/4 mile times are killer! its all about power to weight ratio!

Posted By: IonNinja Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/09/03 08:29 PM
haha a modded Geo running 19s...haha
Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/11/03 04:14 AM
finally got my internet back should be orderin them this week. also anyone kneo if ull need a camber kit on a 1.8 in drop. im runnin 19's so its kinda lifted up and then it will be dropped back down once i get the springs so it will kinda cancel out somewhat not all if ya follow?
Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/14/03 07:25 PM
ordered today cant wait, read my last post abotu camber, aand let me knwo somethin please
Posted By: Andy W._dup1 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/14/03 08:28 PM
With 19's and that much of a drop, I would say yes!

-Andy
Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/15/03 01:44 AM
lucky i got one of stazis cheap
Posted By: Mr. Ed_dup1 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/18/03 08:31 AM
the springs usually do fit, zetec or duratec...
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/18/03 09:28 PM
The engine will only affect the actual drop rate. And even then not by much. It does matters if you get the pre98 or +98 depending on your car. As long as you use both struts/springs combo for the model year(+98), you will be fine putting them on pre98.
Posted By: sigma Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/20/03 06:08 AM
Wow, these are really cheap. $105 for all 4?

Would a 1.8" drop look alright with 15" and 17" wheels without worrying about rubbing? (Got 15s now, lookin' to get 17s in a few months)
Posted By: IonNinja Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/20/03 10:40 AM
1.8" drops always look alright

u don't even have to worry about rubbing with 17s or smaller...
Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/20/03 03:14 PM
no problem im runnin 19's and was told i woudlnt have probs with rubbing so i know 15 and 17's wont as long as ur watch ur tire width
Posted By: Swazo Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/20/03 03:40 PM
Any pics of your car w/ the springs on? I was going to buy them for my SVT so my 18" Racinghart C5's look right on my car.

What strut did you end up using?
Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/21/03 12:24 PM
havent recieved them yet but ill post pics as soon as i get them on.
Posted By: lsneo Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/21/03 07:34 PM
anyone gonna be running st200's with those springs?
Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/21/03 08:14 PM
so pissed jsut got an email from them and heres what it says

"Hello and thank you for your order. Just wanted to let you know that the part you ordered is not available. If you would like another brand please let me know and I can check on availability and price. Thanks"

Branden
www.mysticalspeed.com

UGHHHHHHHHHH so pissed. ordered last week anticipatin on gettin them and puttin them on saturday o well guess not. anyone else knwo of some good cheap springs hit me up on a PM
Posted By: IonNinja Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/21/03 08:16 PM
thats retarded cuz I was gonna get some soon...when are they gonna be available??

those are the cheapest springs I know of.
Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/21/03 08:18 PM
i dont knwo if they are going to be available at all anymore, need to go and vent now.
Posted By: lsneo Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/21/03 08:48 PM
drop them an e-mail. See if they can get some more or something. I just sent mine.
Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/22/03 12:41 AM
email dropped waiting for response
Posted By: Alphatour Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/22/03 04:51 AM
If there is enough people, try a group-buy, might even get them cheaper

Alpha
Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/22/03 01:27 PM
the thing is i dont think htey have them anymore
Posted By: BDR Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/22/03 04:03 PM
you guys can get some B&G springs!
the drop is 2.25"fr 1.6"rr, that is wat i'm runin on 18"s and i don't rub at all. i will be getting some 19"s next week and i'm sure they won't rub.
you can get the springs from shox.com for $194.00 shipped, but you have to call them because they don't have the springs on the site.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/22/03 08:22 PM
yeah see the thing about these is that they were only $105

how could that not have anymore? whos been buying them?

guess i'll have to go intrax or h&r
Posted By: lsneo Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/25/03 03:22 AM
dang
no response
Posted By: IonNinja Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/26/03 10:42 AM
found some other springs too but they're $100 more than the drop zone.

Sprint springs
http://www.autotoyaz.com/ford3.html
Posted By: Vermeleon69 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/26/03 05:01 PM
im pretty sure that sprint doesnt make lowering springs for our cars anymore. we are out of luck on those.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/26/03 06:00 PM
damn guess both those options are out...stupid companies

i think i'm goin Intrax or H&R...whichever is cheaper
Posted By: Swazo Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/26/03 07:02 PM
Eh, springs for our cars are about the same price as it is.......just get the best ones that have the drop you want. Don't be THAT cheap, it'd be a $20 difference.

I am also looking in the H&R direction........
Posted By: IonNinja Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/27/03 12:20 AM
yeah, H&Rs and Intrax's look damn there the same so thats why I'm goin on price...

I don't know which ones perform better though.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/27/03 05:18 AM
i'm guessing that the h&r's are better.
Posted By: Andy W._dup1 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/28/03 01:13 PM
H&R's are progresssing in the front and linear in the back and the Intrax are linear all around. I believe! They will ride different.

-Andy
Posted By: Governor Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/30/03 04:12 AM
I Have a set of Intrax springs on my 95gl Zetec, i am running the stock struts. It is OK to use 98+ springs on a pre 98 however it doesn't work to use pre98's on post 98's this is due to the spring seat. the Intrax springs tighten up the ride and seem to handle amazingly compared to the stock springs. I would highly recommend them.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/30/03 07:01 AM
so nobody got a response back from these guys on when it was gonna be available??
Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/30/03 06:55 PM
ive called and emailed them with no response so u might want to try them cause i want a set but im not waiting till Xmas!!!
Posted By: LoudnQuik Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/30/03 07:18 PM
I talked to mystical speed and this is the low down on the springs.

Dropzone recalled the springs because they did not fit the OEM strut correctly. Mystical Speed is willing to do a groupbuy on them in about 3 weeks. He said before he starts selling them he would like to make sure they fit properly and everything. I will be in touch with him and I need to get how many people will be interested in a groupbuy.

We can do two things on the groupbuy ship to one location which will be cheaper for him to get them to us, or ship to seperate locations.

I talked to Brandon over in mystical speed and he said if we get 10 people he can drop the cost down to 85 bucks. That is without shipping keep in mind, and if we can get more than 10 he can drop it down even more most likely.

Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/30/03 07:53 PM
im in definatley, keep me posted and im pretyt sure if he can get them for 85 or so ul easily get atleast 10 if not more
Posted By: IonNinja Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/30/03 08:09 PM
yeah i guess i'll wait and see

unless i come up on a large sum of money soon and it burns a whole in my pocket
Posted By: sigma Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/30/03 08:28 PM
If they're a decent spring, and they're ~$85. I'm in.
Posted By: lsneo Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/30/03 11:14 PM
HELL YEA AM IN!!!!
Posted By: LoudnQuik Re: I found new Contour springs... - 04/30/03 11:37 PM
alright should i post over in groupbuy section? see how many people we can get? im sure if we get more we can get it cheaper, the guy was pretty nice over there, at least not a a$$hole. will keep you posted.
Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 05/01/03 01:37 AM
yeah put a post in teh GB sectionsee how cheap we can them babies
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 05/01/03 06:18 AM
yea i might def. be intrested in these springis Put it in the broup buy fo show
Posted By: Mr. Ed_dup1 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 05/01/03 08:20 AM
where do you find intrax springs?
Posted By: SVTpyr8 Re: I found new Contour springs... - 05/01/03 01:17 PM
ebay under cougar sprigns jsut specify they are for a contour they are liek 195 plus 30 for shipping. thats what i was gonan do but im gonna see how this GB plays out.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: I found new Contour springs... - 05/01/03 05:49 PM
you can also get them(Intrax) from tirerack if you call
Posted By: blury Re: I found new Contour springs... - 05/01/03 06:06 PM
I didnt see the topic in the group buy forum. I was going to do some motor mods first but hell for $85 i ll lower her first PM me or what ever but just COUNT ME IN.
Posted By: LoudnQuik Re: I found new Contour springs... - 05/01/03 07:16 PM
Everybody in this forum that wants in, put yourself down over in the groupbuy section, I posted this groupbuy and it looks like its starting to arouse interest.
Posted By: hydro Re: I found new Contour springs... - 05/01/03 08:04 PM
I heard those dropzone springs ride very, very harsh. i'd like to see what people's reviews are after they get a set though.
Posted By: Peach Re: I found new Contour springs... - 05/01/03 10:07 PM
Nuff said.

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=groupbuy&Number=270126&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1

Go this route if you are getting some. I'll settle for Sprint springs for myself. 1.8" all around. Sprint is good from what I hear. Later.

SVT Driver 1
Posted By: IonNinja Re: I found new Contour springs... - 05/02/03 05:53 AM
actually, I don't think sprint makes springs for contours anymore...they were discontinued

so its intrax, b&g, or dropzone for you!
© CEG Archives