Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Mancho Damn problem is back...:( - 09/09/02 11:00 AM
Alright, I already told you guys my problem about the wobbling and swaying and i bought some koni's to solve it and it did but one thing i realized that at higher speeds when i jerk the "ONLY" right the rear end likes to whip out from left-to-right....when i jerk the wheel a little left it does not do this...Can someone help me out a little ??? thanks mancho
Posted By: Andy W._dup1 Re: Damn problem is back...:( - 09/09/02 12:47 PM
Are they adjusted the same? Could one Koni be real stiff and the other loose? Check all you bushing's and make sure they are all in good shape. Otherwise, don't jerk the wheel at that speed. I wouldn't! Are you wanting the rear to come around or not!

-Andy
Posted By: Pienstars Re: Damn problem is back...:( - 09/09/02 09:12 PM
Check the rear trailing arms. I had this same prob. "back end swinging out" and it turned out one of the arms had a bend in it. If that's the problem the part is only 65.00 from ford, if it's only one side, and they charged me 33.00 to put it on.
Posted By: zgendron_dup1 Re: Damn problem is back...:( - 09/09/02 09:33 PM
I had the same thing happen following a Tow on a flatbed. They hooked my car up by the rear control arms, and bent them badly.

Not a pretty site.

- Zack
Posted By: Mancho Re: Damn problem is back...:( - 09/10/02 01:42 AM
Alright....I will have to say that when i was doing my struts.....I did see that one of my (not sure of the name) but where the rear sway bar hooks up too...is kinda of not so stiff....and what is that called?? I am not sure thanks guys
Posted By: Stazi Re: Damn problem is back...:( - 09/10/02 07:16 PM
Ask Tim or Dave to look at your rear control arms and see if they are bent. Tim's were from sitting the car on jackstands via the trailing arms. Big NO NO!
Luckily I was able to remove them and straighten them for hiim at work.

It does sound like one or both of yours are bent too. Did anyone jack up the rear end from these?
Posted By: Mancho Re: Damn problem is back...:( - 09/11/02 12:57 AM
I dont think anyone has jacked up the car from there...but im not sure.....but for my first question I found out those are just the endlinks....are they suppose to be stiff because if so I dont think mine are....I have to get rear brakes soon so i was wondering is there new endlinks i could get that are better or could i just get new bushings...?? thanks
Posted By: Stazi Re: Damn problem is back...:( - 09/11/02 12:01 PM
Those aren't the endl links. End links are attached to the sway bar.

Speculating what your problem is will keep us going around in circles. Just let Dave, Tim or myself look at the car and really see what's wrong with it.
Posted By: TedS_dup1 Re: Damn problem is back...:( - 09/11/02 02:21 PM
get the toe set on the rear properly. Then check to make sure the tire pressures are the same.

I would then check your cross weights (do you have any heavy junk (subs, battery etc) in the back?
Posted By: gas199 Re: Damn problem is back...:( - 09/11/02 06:49 PM
Had a somewhat similar problem in the rear....it was very jumpy/irratic but also had the famous clunk.(99svt) After many hours and new parts(struts,stabilizer links etc etc)found that is was the tie rod bushing that attaches to the chassis on the left side. Found this during strut replacement....replaced it...clunk is gone and back is very stable over bumps
Posted By: Mancho Re: Damn problem is back...:( - 09/11/02 08:07 PM
Alright...hey stazi, could you if you dont mind take a look at it sometimes soon....I dont have your number to call you you can email it to me serbboymancho@hotmail.com
thanks....
Posted By: Stazi Re: Damn problem is back...:( - 09/12/02 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Connie:
Alright...hey stazi, could you if you dont mind take a look at it sometimes soon....I dont have your number to call you you can email it to me serbboymancho@hotmail.com
thanks....

We have soccer tonight at Total Soccer - 10pm. Bring your car over and I'll whip out my Mag light and take a look.
Posted By: Mancho Re: Damn problem is back...:( - 09/13/02 03:47 AM
my bad......I was working all day and i just read this what is another good day were you can look at it?? thanks
Posted By: Stazi Re: Damn problem is back...:( - 09/13/02 11:18 AM
Next week, on Monday perhaps.... I'll let you know on Monday for sure.
Posted By: Mancho Re: Damn problem is back...:( - 09/15/02 04:52 AM
Okay....thanks
© CEG Archives