Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: jerm781 making it lower - 08/16/02 06:35 AM
I have spring on my car but its still not low enough. will changing my shocks or struts whatever they are make a diffrence? what else can ido to make it lower? I have the roush cougar springs.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: making it lower - 08/16/02 06:51 AM
I'd say get a different set of springs. I don't really know if the Roush springs are supposed to lower any but I know Eibach, H&R's and Intrax lower the car more than an inch. BAT springs lower it about an inch.
Posted By: sboardi420 Re: making it lower - 08/16/02 04:06 PM
Just get some Ground Control Coilovers. That setup will get you the lowest effect.
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: making it lower - 08/17/02 02:14 AM
I feel that the H&Rs made my car sit "just right" . To answer your question (Jermaine) , NO . Changing the struts will NOT change the ride height , just the "dampening" of the bumps .
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: making it lower - 08/17/02 06:22 AM
In reply to:

Originally posted by sboardi420
Just get some Ground Control Coilovers. That setup will get you the lowest effect.

I'm not sure the Ground Controls work with the Countour Zetec.
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: making it lower - 08/17/02 08:06 AM
In reply to:

Really?? I thought they worked on all Contours. Why not?
jermaine, got any pics of your car? I am about to get my Roush springs installed and want to know what to expect.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: making it lower - 08/17/02 08:56 AM
In reply to:

Originally posted by CRZYDRVR
In reply to:

Really?? I thought they worked on all Contours. Why not?
jermaine, got any pics of your car? I am about to get my Roush springs installed and want to know what to expect.

Here you go. pics of his car
Posted By: Contour98SVT Re: making it lower - 08/17/02 02:35 PM
I went with Roush springs, and Koni struts. Its lowered the car a little over an inch. I like it, and good for Rockfords F'ed up roads.
Posted By: sboardi420 Re: making it lower - 08/17/02 02:55 PM
In reply to:

Originally posted by Hector
In reply to:

Originally posted by sboardi420

Oh, I didn't take notice to what kind of contour he had. I know they work for the SVT, but not sure about the zetec.
© CEG Archives