Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Damien_dup1 BAT springs front lower than back... - 07/18/06 09:38 PM
I bought this contour, and the person before me put the BAT sport kit on it (struts with springs). I was looking at it the other day and it appears that the front is about a half inch lower than the back..(that 80's jacked up back muscle car look) are the fronts shot, or is that the way the kit is... not as low in the back as in the front?
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: BAT springs front lower than back... - 07/18/06 09:57 PM
I would say that is normal for the BAT kit. Do you thnk it's really that bad? I kinda like that look (no, not the a$$ end sticking up 6 inches; just slightly raised).
Posted By: TRicker Re: BAT springs front lower than back... - 07/19/06 02:42 AM
it could be worse. you could be like me, waiting for the $$$ for the BAT kit, and have the back lower than the front. lol
Originally posted by Hdbngr8:
I would say that is normal for the BAT kit. Do you thnk it's really that bad? I kinda like that look (no, not the a$$ end sticking up 6 inches; just slightly raised).

That's the way mine was on my '95LX with ATX. I don't know if the ATX is heavier up front than the MTX, though. That might make a difference.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: BAT springs front lower than back... - 07/19/06 02:56 PM
Well, this is what mine looks like with the BAT kit:

The day after the kit was put on:

Last week:

Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: BAT springs front lower than back... - 07/19/06 03:01 PM
My BAT springs have ALOT of front end sag... ill be getting new springs shortly....
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: BAT springs front lower than back... - 07/19/06 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
My BAT springs have ALOT of front end sag... ill be getting new springs shortly....

How long have you had them on the car?
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: BAT springs front lower than back... - 07/19/06 04:42 PM
unknown, but im going to say up to 60k miles.

They are starting to show their age, rusting, and some may be broken but im not sure.

Whats your ground clearance at either side of the front bumper luca? Im at exactly 4"

For reference, this picture has about 100lbs worth of beer in the trunk:

Looking over some of my other pictures, all the angles I took make the rear end look super low too. The only time I feel like there is an extreme rake is when its sitting all alone in a parking lot.

The BAT springs have been great for the 20k miles Ive had them, but they are starting to show their age and will be replaced with some new H & R's shortly

Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: BAT springs front lower than back... - 07/19/06 04:58 PM

Whats your ground clearance at either side of the front bumper luca? Im at exactly 4"

I'm at 5" on either side.

100 lbs of beer? When is the party?
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: BAT springs front lower than back... - 07/19/06 06:09 PM
So im down an inch more than "normal" bat springs... hmmm

party was a few weekends ago ;P good times... good times
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: BAT springs front lower than back... - 07/19/06 09:26 PM
Guess maybe it is time for new ones.

Mine were put on at the end of May, they probably have about 400 miles on them at this point.

You didn't invite me to your party.

Damien, post a picture.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: BAT springs front lower than back... - 07/20/06 03:41 PM
So im down an inch more than "normal" bat springs... hmmm

Also depends on strut perch as well. Different strusts are going to produce different drops.
Posted By: tsSVT Re: BAT springs front lower than back... - 07/21/06 03:43 PM
I have BAT springs on my SVT,the corner of my bumper is about 5" give or take.I don't know if my koni's have any noticable effect on ride height.
The front of my car sits at 5" on both corners... Just installed the BAT kit 2 days ago. Wonder if it will settle down more (2 weeks) ?. Maybe not.
Posted By: tsSVT Re: BAT springs front lower than back... - 07/21/06 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Guntaker:
The front of my car sits at 5" on both corners... Just installed the BAT kit 2 days ago. Wonder if it will settle down more (2 weeks) ?. Maybe not.

Yeah, it should settle about 1/2".I think that temperature has a small effect on the pressure in the struts therefore pulling the car down or pushing it up.That's completely speculation though.
© CEG Archives