Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: mangler_dup1 Rear end link to sway bar bolt size - 07/07/06 06:30 AM
Title says it all. My spherical end steel links have worn the bolts again. I just don't want to pay 6$ a bolt at Ford, when I can pay 0.80 cents at Home Depot. Diameter and length for the horizontal bolts goint through the sway bar holes (rear) would be awesome.

TIA
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Rear end link to sway bar bolt size - 07/07/06 12:22 PM
If you know it'll cost you 6 bucks from ford, then I'm guessing you've already talked to them, looked it up, or have the p/n? Have Ford look it up in their computer, I've done so before. Or PM me the p/n and I'll get a print for it.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Rear end link to sway bar bolt size - 07/07/06 12:43 PM
that .80 bolt is not a hardened automotive grade bolt.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Rear end link to sway bar bolt size - 07/07/06 01:16 PM
The .80cent bolt will either be plain/zinc/stainless finish... Since we are stating the obvious.
Posted By: mangler_dup1 Re: Rear end link to sway bar bolt size - 08/01/06 02:44 AM
Todras, the Home depot special will be grade 5, instead of grade 8 from Ford.

Not as hard, but I don't care. I actually prefer it that way, I don't want to wear the sway bar holes any more than I have to.

Batterylight, I bought the bolts before, and got snookered. may not be 6$, but they were at least 4$ canadian each. No part number, that would be to easy...

Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Rear end link to sway bar bolt size - 08/01/06 04:04 AM
I haven't had trouble with mine... but if I did, I usually can pick up most any bolt for 50 cent or less at a local nut and bolt place, and it is grade 8. If you can show them what you need, a local store is probably your best bet.
© CEG Archives