Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SVTStuntin Lower Control Arms - 06/22/06 04:50 PM
Has anybody had to replace their lower control arms? If so what were the symptoms? I was told I need to replace mine, but thought I would get an opinion from the guys that really know contour, thanks
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Lower Control Arms - 06/22/06 05:01 PM
Symptoms? Front suspension noises sometimes. While someone else is driving watch the front wheels. When they let out the clutch you can see the wheels jump. Car will also tramline pretty bad depending on road conditions. 2 bolt LCA's usually wear out within 80k miles. They are $100 for the pair from Jenkins and aren't as hard to replace as the early 4 bolts. I can do them for you if you want to make a trip to Grand Rapids.
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: Lower Control Arms - 06/22/06 06:05 PM
Somebody has actually replaced the LCAs in a Contour??
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Lower Control Arms - 06/22/06 06:26 PM
Take a look at the bushings. Jack the car up and try to move the wheel around - if the bushings aren't nice and tight, you'll need new arms. This is a very common issue. They're a wear item, especially on the 2-bolts like you have.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Lower Control Arms - 06/22/06 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Hdbngr8:
Somebody has actually replaced the LCAs in a Contour??

LOL! Tis true.
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: Lower Control Arms - 06/22/06 06:48 PM
Maybe I need to check into that.
Posted By: Stylin55_oh Re: Lower Control Arms - 06/22/06 07:13 PM
I've replaced both of mine, honestly an easy job
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Lower Control Arms - 06/22/06 08:24 PM
If you have the tools to pop the control arms out of the hub and an impact to push the axles out then yes.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Lower Control Arms - 06/23/06 04:08 PM
A SVT in TC eh? Hmmm... I'll keep my eyes open for that one
Posted By: GetBooby151�© Re: Lower Control Arms - 06/23/06 04:15 PM
on spmotorsports they have either vertical or horizontal..witch one fits a 99 svt?
Posted By: SVTStuntin Re: Lower Control Arms - 06/23/06 04:17 PM
Thanks todras for the help, it will be very useful. What kind of tool do you need to pop the LCA out of the hub?

As for the SVT in TC there is actually four of them if yuo can believe it, but mine is by far the best!!

Thanks guys
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Lower Control Arms - 06/23/06 04:19 PM
why are you removing axles????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: Lower Control Arms - 06/23/06 04:24 PM
Really...I'm Not Understanding This One. Besides, Sometimes You Need The Knuckle Attached To The Axle For Resistance On your Pry Bar Or Other Tool That You May Use To Finagle The LCA Out.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Lower Control Arms - 06/23/06 04:25 PM
Todras is special. Seems he forgot his med's today. Or maybe thats why it takes him months/years to finish any contour jobs
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Lower Control Arms - 06/23/06 04:43 PM
Yep. I'm retarded. Seems like I'm always removing them to do something. No need to remove them from the knuckle/hub. Just need a big pry bar to leverage the control arm down out of the knuckle.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Lower Control Arms - 06/23/06 04:49 PM
LOL its ok we still don't like you
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: Lower Control Arms - 06/23/06 04:51 PM
I Like Him....I Want To Serve Up A Plate Of That Nice Red Hair With Some Whipped Cream. MMMmmmmmmm Strawberry Shortcake...
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Lower Control Arms - 06/23/06 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I Like Him....I Want To Serve Up A Plate Of That Nice Red Hair With Some Whipped Cream. MMMmmmmmmm Strawberry Shortcake...

WTH xelevety billion. Who has red hair? We call Steeda redhead step child but that has nothing to do with his looks.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Lower Control Arms - 06/23/06 05:08 PM
Originally posted by todras:

WTH xelevety billion. Who has red hair? We call Steeda redhead step child but that has nothing to do with his looks.

im sure you do. then you end up with one of these
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Lower Control Arms - 06/23/06 05:34 PM
You and your brown eye talk.
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: Lower Control Arms - 06/23/06 06:13 PM
mmmmm...chocolate baloon knot...Yummy....
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Lower Control Arms - 06/23/06 08:28 PM
mmmmm...chocolate baloon knot...

OMG!! See Pale Horse, typing without the first letter capitalized wasn't that bad, now was it?!?!? May this post go down in CEG history, as a new first for Pale Horse!

Mark
Posted By: eepals_dup1 Re: Lower Control Arms - 06/23/06 09:41 PM
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=trouble&Number=1261737&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1

I saw the above post earlier, I think he types normal occasionaly.
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: Lower Control Arms - 06/27/06 05:19 PM
Originally posted by eepals:
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=trouble&Number=1261737&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1

I know, I know...I started a new job as an attorney's assistant and I can no longer type the way I used to. I'm afraid I'm coming over to the dark side now with everyone else. Damn bad habits!!!!!!!
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Lower Control Arms - 06/27/06 09:18 PM

I know, I know...I started a new job as an attorney's assistant and I can no longer type the way I used to. I'm afraid I'm coming over to the dark side now with everyone else. Damn bad habits!!!!!!!

It's offical. Lawyers screw EVERYTHING up for the rest of us.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Lower Control Arms - 06/27/06 10:46 PM

Yay!!!!!!!
© CEG Archives