Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: monsoon725 Koni Kit - 05/20/06 11:50 PM
On researching, I came across a couple posts indicating that in order for koni struts to fit an SVT, something had to be modified, and that you could request Koni do this for you.

Could someone clarify what exactly needs to be done?

TIA
Posted By: mySVT_dup1 Re: Koni Kit - 05/21/06 01:46 AM
I'm currently rollin on Koni's on my '99 SVT with no mods. You might be mistaken with those who run Koni struts with coilovers; in their case they have to modify the spring perches on the strut so that it will fit inside the coilover spring.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Koni Kit - 05/22/06 06:38 AM
the spring perches have to be cut to run coilovers. no, koni will not do it since it voids the warranty
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Koni Kit - 05/23/06 01:29 AM
call koni, because they cut mine and still warranty them but you must get the coilovers through them also - JOE
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Koni Kit - 05/23/06 05:07 AM
Originally posted by blu_fuz:
call koni, because they cut mine and still warranty them but you must get the coilovers through them also - JOE

so koni will sell u the gc coilovers and cut the perches for u? how much extra did they charge to cut the perches and include the gc's?
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Koni Kit - 05/23/06 12:40 PM
Originally posted by monsoon725:

Absolutely no modifications what so ever for a Koni Sport Kit
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Koni Kit - 05/27/06 03:38 AM
Originally posted by RawBurt:

rawburt Im extra curious on how low your mirko will sit with the Koni kit...I kinda wished on waiting for it now
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Koni Kit - 05/27/06 04:14 AM
Well as soon as mine gets repainted I could let you know. Actually, maybe Ill put it on tomorrow for some pics. Im at just a hair under 5" right now without it (on the lowest part of the front bumper). IIRC, my mirko was about a half inch below that. So Im guessing Ill be right around 4" give or take a 1/4".
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Koni Kit - 05/27/06 04:36 AM
Man Ive got to have the worst front end sag ever. I clock in at 4" even w/out a mirko. Supposedly BAT springs on these Koni's....
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Koni Kit - 05/28/06 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Stinky Brown Paki!:
Originally posted by RawBurt:

rawburt Im extra curious on how low your mirko will sit with the Koni kit...I kinda wished on waiting for it now

It goes on today. Stayed tuned
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Koni Kit - 05/29/06 09:00 PM
Originally posted by hmouta:

so koni will sell u the gc coilovers and cut the perches for u? how much extra did they charge to cut the perches and include the gc's?

according to the previous owner of my set-up, YES! I called koni about warrany info for the paint on the struts. I wandered into asking them how they go about cutting the purches and still offering the warranty for them. Koni told me, that because they cut the purches off and had a supervising tech do this that all warranties with the struts are valid as long as the modifications do not damage the shock shaft.... that's all I know - JOE
Posted By: mySVT_dup1 Re: Koni Kit - 05/30/06 03:19 AM
I am disappointed in the quality of the paint that Koni uses on their struts. Mine has started chipping off after around 5,000 miles. The paint on my stock struts held up better after 80,000+ miles.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Koni Kit - 05/30/06 06:19 AM
Originally posted by hmouta:

according to the previous owner of my set-up, YES! I called koni about warrany info for the paint on the struts. I wandered into asking them how they go about cutting the purches and still offering the warranty for them. Koni told me, that because they cut the purches off and had a supervising tech do this that all warranties with the struts are valid as long as the modifications do not damage the shock shaft.... that's all I know - JOE

that is gh3y though on how the paint they use is cheap, I mean sweriouly its not like the struts are cheap in price, u pay a pretty penny and I'd be pissed if I saw paint chipping. My BAT struts are still in excellent shape
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Koni Kit - 05/30/06 03:33 PM
I don't know why they use such cheap sealant and paint on these struts..... mine looked like a bomb went off around them.... they look nice now though:
© CEG Archives