Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ TEIN? - 05/17/06 01:09 AM
Im reading up on suspensions... to find a nice combination of springs and struts for my corolla, and I a set of tein springs for a reasonable price... Are they any good? Im trying to find a nice strut and spring combo that will be praticle for year round driving, but feel really agressive in the twisties, I want to drop the ride height by 1 inch maximum... Any ideas?
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: TEIN? - 05/17/06 01:42 AM
Tien are good springs. But why go through all the trouble of changing the suspension just to lower the car 1inch? You can also try TRD (Toyota Racing Development) <--- not trying to sound like ass by putting what TRD means. lso looking to Apexi springs as well.

Aaron
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: TEIN? - 05/17/06 03:18 AM
Originally posted by SVT SNOB:
Tien are good springs. But why go through all the trouble of changing the suspension just to lower the car 1inch? You can also try TRD (Toyota Racing Development) <--- not trying to sound like ass by putting what TRD means. lso looking to Apexi springs as well.

Aaron

I need the car year round... Plus Im not doing it for only asthetic purposes... I want it to be fully functional... Like... a Bat kit for a Corolla per say... You know, not drop the ride height to much, make more agressive handling, yet keep some luxery in the ride... The suspension on the corolla from the factory is... Nothing to brag about... it rides good, but thats all I can say its got going for it.

I actually found the Tein springs on Ebay (I know, I know) for only $130... But they lower by about 1.7 inches... I also found out that there are some counterfiet Tein springs possibly still floating around e-bay, so im going to be careful of that... Im actually leaning more towards Eibach Springs.
Posted By: monsoon725 Re: TEIN? - 05/17/06 03:43 AM
theres nothing wrong with Tein. Ask anyone with a supra, a 240sx, integra, prelude, etc.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: TEIN? - 05/17/06 12:16 PM
You can't make a Corolla look good! Waste of $.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: TEIN? - 05/17/06 12:38 PM
Originally posted by todras:

Jared, are you afraid to leave CEG and ask your questions in the appropriate places?
Posted By: Steeda. Re: TEIN? - 05/17/06 01:42 PM
ya no sheet!
Posted By: monsoon725 Re: TEIN? - 05/18/06 04:33 AM
Originally posted by todras:

I assure you, people say the same thing about those that mod family cars, likes the Contour.
© CEG Archives