Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I just had a Koni suspension kit with B&G springs installed at my local mechanic and they ride great. However, after I got the car back from the shop, I now have a major vibration during acceleration only. I thought it might possibly be a cylinder at first but now I think it has something to do with the front right axle they had to replace during installation. I'm getting it scoped out after this weekend to check for misfiring or any possible coil problems, but does anyone have any other suggestions regarding the axle? I've seen a few post on here concerning this problem after axle replacement, but no real answers to the vibration.
get an alignment done first just to see..
Should I wait for the springs to fully drop before I get the alignment done? I just picked up the car today. Wouldve done install myself but I rounded the bolt pinching the strut on the knuckle and didnt wanna take a torch to it myself.
Originally posted by Hammy1105:
Should I wait for the springs to fully drop before I get the alignment done? I just picked up the car today. Wouldve done install myself but I rounded the bolt pinching the strut on the knuckle and didnt wanna take a torch to it myself.

No. Get it aligned before you put significant miles on it. Alignment is a service that can be done again if needed.

I am getting my right front axel assembly replaced because of a vibration problem similar to what you are explaining. Shop said I have too much play in my CV joint and axel.
Originally posted by CLASSVT:
I am getting my right front axel assembly replaced because of a vibration problem similar to what you are explaining. Shop said I have too much play in my CV joint and axel.

yea my car has been shaking alot recently as well, come to knows its because my driver side axle is messed up..

however the problem stated in this thread and the fact that there was a suspension change done prior to the shaking is pretty clear that one needs an alignment before comming to any other conclusions..
No, I think I figured it out, I believe the CV joint is sticking after reinstallation of the axle, I'm gonna have to remove the assembly and reinstall it myself.....stupid "master technician".....check this first before you go and have everything replaced, your axles might be good still
Just got it aligned today and there's still vibration during acceleration. For anyone else who's having this problem you might just wanna take apart and reinstall the cv joint and axle assembly.
Well, i've had it at the mechanics for two days now and he still can't figure out whats wrong. He thinks its because of the tires or a loose tire rod, or a combination but really he just doesnt have a clue...if anyone ever figures out what fixes this let everyone know
He can't put the front end up and accelerate and have someone watch under the car?
I would think a new stiffer strut/springs will aggravate any worn suspension components. Check swaybar bushings, lower control arm bushings for wear. The transmission mount if worn can cause troubles as well.
Yea i think thats whats happening...this really sucks....
© CEG Archives