Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 111R omp/custom fstb question - 05/04/06 09:58 PM
my gaskets under my upgraded camber plates are 1/2 in place and 1/2 in the air; they are totally toast and the plates move around. i just went to the stealership and bought 2 new gaskets and i just asked my suspension shop if a omp or custom strut tower bar would be ideal to hold the camber plates/gasket in place. he happend to mention it would increase traction, even though i dont care bout that,he did say it would hold things together better. i also explained that due to the firewall being so close it will not have a drastic effect (so i have been told). he also explained that it NEEDS to work with my camber kit, spc, or else it will not work at all. and just a fyi a ferrari dino was getting a new suspension while i was there so he seeems to know his stuff.

is a custom or omp strut bar ideal to use with spc camber kit and upgraded camber plates WITH oem gasket under the plates ONLY to hold the plates/gasket in place?

thanks!

-a
Posted By: 111R Re: omp/custom fstb question - 05/06/06 07:11 PM
any help?
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: omp/custom fstb question - 05/07/06 12:17 AM
No. Those plates are supposed to move as many recent posts have stated. The ID of the OMP vs the OD of the plates does not work. I had to have my OMP milled so that my plates would STILL move freely.
© CEG Archives