Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I just noticed some new part #'s in my newest update. Here they are.

These are for GL and SE Contours, 1998+

5U2Z-18V124-D List $46.60 CEG $34.70 each x 2 (fronts)
5U2Z-18V125-AA List $31.77 CEG $23.65 each x 2 (rears)

Here is what the regular Ford ones go for:
GL & SE
3U2Z-18124-AB List $84.95 CEG $63.25 each x 2 (front)
F8RZ-18125-AA List $84.95 CEG $63.25 each x 2 (rear)
Posted By: DESIGN Re: New "Value" priced struts from Ford - 01/31/06 09:33 PM
Bill, I just tried to put those part numbers in through your site and it comes back as not a valid part number. Should I just call you?

I hope you check this thread.

Jon
Posted By: Harrry Re: New "Value" priced struts from Ford - 01/31/06 10:24 PM
How much can u get svt struts for??

Front and back??
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: New "Value" priced struts from Ford - 01/31/06 11:03 PM
Wow those are damn cheap. Are they Motorcrafts?
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: New "Value" priced struts from Ford - 02/01/06 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Matt R:
Wow those are damn cheap. Are they Motorcrafts?

I would NEVER have expected that pricing from a dealership, even with a CEG discount! Nice going Bill! I might buy a set just to HAVE for future use on the Zetec...

I'd like to know how firm the valving is though. Won't matter for the Zetec, as that is my daughters car & she likes a softer ride, but if I ever want to replace SE or Mystique struts, I'd like to know if they'll perform comparable to stock.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: New "Value" priced struts from Ford - 02/01/06 01:33 AM
Very cool. Good to know.

But I wonder. Did Ford really build a specific strut to have a lower price? Or are these possibly just the regular ones with a different part number so they can sell them (maybe have too many in inventory?)?
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: New "Value" priced struts from Ford - 02/01/06 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Very cool. Good to know.

But I wonder. Did Ford really build a specific strut to have a lower price? Or are these possibly just the regular ones with a different part number so they can sell them (maybe have too many in inventory?)?

I don't think I'd care. OEM quality for the struts on these cars is pretty good. Only a bump in performance moves me away from dealer replacements.
Posted By: TBoomer Re: New "Value" priced struts from Ford - 02/01/06 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Arhethia:
How much can u get svt struts for??

Front and back??

+1
Here is the pricing on regular SVT struts.

Fronts
3U2Z-18124-JA List $84.95 CEG $63.25 each x 2
Rears
F8RZ-18125-HA List $84.95 CEG $63.25 each x 2

Right now the rears on the Motorcraft Value is on backorder. The Fronts I get in (1) day. I will keep you up to date on when the rears become available.
Originally posted by DESIGN:
Bill, I just tried to put those part numbers in through your site and it comes back as not a valid part number. Should I just call you?

I hope you check this thread.

Jon

I will set up some special links today so you can buy them from the site. The site uses 3rd party information and they are not always up to date.
Any updates? Seems like a great deal. Hopefully, these are the oem motorcrafts.
Originally posted by ancientsanskrit:
Any updates? Seems like a great deal. Hopefully, these are the oem motorcrafts.

Here are the links:

Rear Struts
Front Struts
Posted By: phil_dup1 Re: New "Value" priced struts from Ford - 02/03/06 08:44 PM
This is excellent timing for me - I've just been shopping for a set of struts for my '95 GL V6. These prices are well under anything else I've seen on-line.

I'm not looking for performance upgrades - so OEM ride/handling is fine for me.

Hmmm - this thread started talking about '98+ struts, and other sources I've seen have different part numbers for '95-'97 and '98+ front struts. The Team Ford links claim the same part number for the front, '95-'00. Am I missing something I should know before I order?

Thanks for any info.
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: New "Value" priced struts from Ford - 02/04/06 06:04 PM
The front springs are different and the front spring perches on the struts are different. Unless they found a way to make it so that they are compatable with both styles, somethings doesn't sound right.
Posted By: KKSPORT Re: New "Value" priced struts from Ford - 02/05/06 12:36 AM
Can you get OEM struts (F & R) for my 95 SE?

Thanks!
Posted By: jtour Re: New "Value" priced struts from Ford - 02/06/06 02:33 PM
Originally posted by phil:
This is excellent timing for me -

Me too! I need to buy springs to...I got a broken one
Posted By: dkusa67 Re: New "Value" priced struts from Ford - 02/10/06 01:51 PM
Yes, they are availible. They cost slightly more than the SVT struts, but they are supposedly valved to be stiffer than the SVT struts. The 95 (96-97?) SE spring/strut combo was quite good. I'd get the SE struts. Be aware that the front SVT struts are different than your SE's. If you go SVT, you'll have to change springs. The rears are the same fit for SE and SVT.
This special no longer exists. Ford F'd me over and changed the prices to more than what the OEM's can be purchased for.

Sorry guys.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: New "Value" priced struts from Ford - 03/30/06 01:54 AM
Damnit, I was just about to get some too.
Posted By: phil_dup1 Re: New "Value" priced struts from Ford - 03/30/06 02:35 AM
Aaaaarrggghhh - I was still watching, hoping the "backordered" note would go away...
Posted By: dgodard Re: New "Value" priced struts from Ford - 03/30/06 05:10 PM
I want 1 of this.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: New "Value" priced struts from Ford - 03/30/06 05:43 PM
Looks like it is onto the Monroe option.
Posted By: sprindl Re: New "Value" priced struts from Ford - 04/04/06 09:24 PM
Is that the group option for after market OEM type struts?

-sp
© CEG Archives