Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
$75 shipped for the 19mm rear bar here.

Thought some other non-SVT owners might be interested.
Roush Bar is 21mm....
Posted By: Harrry Re: Roush sway bar group buy on newcougar.org - 12/29/05 06:35 AM
Originally posted by mond12345:
Roush Bar is 21mm....

will this bar work on our cars?? i think it will, but just wanna double check before i order 1!!
Roush Bar is 21mm....

Even better. Thanks for the info Guess its gonna be time to break out the welder for some sway bar mount modding.
Originally posted by Arhethia:
Roush Bar is 21mm....

will this bar work on our cars?? i think it will, but just wanna double check before i order 1!!

Why not?

The BAT bar is either 21 or 22mm already.
Posted By: NVSVT Roush sway bar group buy on newcougar.org - 12/29/05 09:22 PM
Roush Bar is 21mm....

Does anyone know the specifications for the Roush anti-sway bar besides just 21mm diameter? Is it hollow or solid? Is it heat-treated? Powder-coated or painted?
the roush bar is solid and i want to say its painted, but i can not really tell what the finish is since i've never had a powdercoated piece of metal in front of me.
21mm, solid and painted blue. Comes with bushings too but i would get the ones from Bat.
21mm, solid and painted blue. Comes with bushings too but i would get the ones from Bat.

Does it come with rubber bushings, or why do you recommend the BAT bushings?
nice,thanks for the heads up,just sent the money for one
Originally posted by CRZYDRVR:

Does it come with rubber bushings, or why do you recommend the BAT bushings?

It comes with very cheap looking rubber ones. The ones from Bat are Urethane!
Posted By: Stazi Re: Roush sway bar group buy on newcougar.org - 12/31/05 02:10 PM
Do yourself a favor and get URETHANE busihings for use with swaybars. Rubber is inferior in every way.
where can i buy just urethane bushings? does BAT sell just the bushings alone? will they fit the Aussie bar as well?
Bat lists them in size not by the bar names. Like for the Roush bar, you would need 21mm ones.
This is the same bar, right?

$66 shipped. Ima get one if so.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8034997214&fromMakeTrack=true
Yes its the same bar. Im from Neco so i would know
Hmmm, guess I should have waited to save a few bucks
So now I have roush springs, wheels, and sway bar. Anything else roush made that'll fit on a contour?
Just ordered mine. I am one step behind you with the Roush bar and the wheels.
Im 2 for 3. I have the springs and sway bar.

What strut did the Roush Cougar use?
You mean rear strut tower bar? If so, cougars strut towers are spaced wider than ours.
No I mean strut What strut was used with the springs? Stockers?
My bad, I thought it said strut bar. I don't know what was used.
Stock Ford struts. All Roush did was add the sway bar and springs.
So how would this compare to the Addco bar?
Got the bar, I'd definitely recommend poly bushings over the rubber it comes with.
I e-mailed the Roush guy..

does ANYONE ELSE know if they have anymore??
Originally posted by GetLucky151�©:

yes they have a large stock of them. give em a call. he's a bit pokey about dealing with emails.
Just got mine yesterday.

Not sure if there are any left on the group buy. The ones on Ebay are cheaper anyway. They have tons left.. 95 of them last time I checked.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8034997214&fromMakeTrack=true
Originally posted by bensenvill:
Originally posted by GetLucky151�©:

yes they have a large stock of them. give em a call. he's a bit pokey about dealing with emails.

thanks guys. sent the money for one, and the BAT uratheyne bushings.
© CEG Archives