Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Pole120 upgraded camber kit plates - 04/23/05 05:30 PM
heres some pics of what i'm doing to resolve the problem we're having.

stock plates for the kits are 3/32" thick, these are 1/4" and are steped to allow the use of the rubber ring that comes with the kit.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: upgraded camber kit plates - 04/23/05 05:56 PM
If I bend my 3/16" ones I'll try 1/4" plate. I was gonna step those ones I made but I was able to force the rubber over it. Making a set like that on the lathe shouldn't take someone more then 20-30 mins or so.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: upgraded camber kit plates - 04/23/05 08:18 PM
EDIT: n/m, found the thread.

How much are these uprades going for? Looks really good
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: upgraded camber kit plates - 04/23/05 08:34 PM
I may be interested in the near future.
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: upgraded camber kit plates - 04/23/05 10:15 PM
I'm interested as mine are bent to sh!t
Posted By: liquidX Re: upgraded camber kit plates - 04/24/05 01:39 AM
Originally posted by pole120:
heres some pics of what i'm doing to resolve the problem we're having...stock plates for the kits are 3/32" thick, these are 1/4" and are steped to allow the use of the rubber ring that comes with the kit.

How much you want for a set?
Posted By: Pole120 updated pics - 04/25/05 05:57 PM
got the plates drilled today, and they'll be installed after i powdercoat them this week.

old plates:

new plates:

Posted By: liquidX Re: upgraded camber kit plates - 04/25/05 06:16 PM
WOW
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: upgraded camber kit plates - 04/25/05 07:10 PM
that looks pretty sweet
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: upgraded camber kit plates - 04/25/05 07:57 PM
c'mon nikka, how much you want for a set? This is prime group-buy material.

btw those look
Will it work with Ground Control, or does it not have anything to do with what you have underneath? If the answer is yes to the first question, I will order a set and then get a set of 1/4" plates from pole120 at a good price... right pole?
Originally posted by durateX:
Will it work with Ground Control, or does it not have anything to do with what you have underneath? If the answer is yes to the first question, I will order a set and then get a set of 1/4" plates from pole120 at a good price... right pole?

doesn't matter what if you have GC's It's a replacement for the camber kits top plate. If Pole can't make them for you I can.
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:
If Pole can't make them for you I can.

thats absolitly fine with me, my resources are streached about as far as they can go at the moment.
<everyone looks over to thinkmoto like the big juicy steak was passed to him>

Posted By: liquidX Ordered the SPC kit... - 04/26/05 03:02 PM

OKay thanks for the kind gesture. How much do I owe you in materials and CNC labor?

XL
Posted By: Plastique_synthetiX_dup1 Re: Ordered the SPC kit... - 04/26/05 06:34 PM
I'm in!
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: Ordered the SPC kit... - 04/26/05 10:19 PM

OKay thanks for the kind gesture. How much do I owe you in materials and CNC labor?

XL

You want some just like Pole made? I can make some if we have some material laying around. I don't have a CNC lathe to turn them down on I should still be able to pound them out rather quick like on the manual lathe regardless. I'm guessing it won't be much considering its a 1/4" thick piece of plate. I think we have some big chunks of 3" round stock laying around. I'll take a look tomorrow to make sure I have material to use.

If you can give me a few days to check on material and make a set to see how much time I'll have into them I can give you a definate price on them. I also need to make sure I have a deep enough throat on the parting tool (thats not sexual)
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:

Originally posted by svtProdigy:

Originally posted by svtProdigy:

You are now surrounded by hungry wolves.

When u get a price I may be interested
Originally posted by MapOfTaziF�³sh�³:

Originally posted by SVT Driver627:

Same here...I will be getting my suspension and camber kit soon too. Let me know how much.

If you will post to the UK that is
Originally posted by PEWTNERST24:

or even if you don't

or even if you don't

I found some material at work today that'll work for these. Unfortanately we don't have some of the tooling I was hoping we would. But, I can still make them no problem It's going to take alittle longer then I expected to make them. I don't have a CNC to use that'll spit them out every few minutes I'm guessing a safe estimate would be about $30-40 for a set. Shipping not included but I'll see what I can do there.

So basically if you are interested at that price for a set of these let me know. I need to know how many are interested in these? It'll help me out in the long run.
So basically if you are interested at that price for a set of these let me know. I need to know how many are interested in these? It'll help me out in the long run.

INTERESTED!!

Mark
WE WANT C-N-C!

C-N-C! C-N-C! C-N-C!

JK
WE WANT C-N-C!

C-N-C! C-N-C! C-N-C!

JK

dude if I could afford a cnc lathe and figure out how to get 3 phase 480 into my garage yeah i'd do it

otherwise if at least 5-6 people want these I'll make a few sets up right away and go from there. Sound good?
in-terested!

you gotta name em after me.....or i want a cut of cash

j\k

i'll be contacting SPC here soon and explaine my situation, i spoke with another person who called and he said that he got his money back for the kits (i believe he sent them back), and they paid for his last alignment.
This is to "fix" the SPC kit... not to replace it, right? So I don't have the SPC kit.... so I'd need to purchase that and your fix?
Moto, will they come out pretty like the ones that Pole hosted, or more..."rugged"?
Moto, will they come out pretty like the ones that Pole hosted, or more..."rugged"?

mine are now powdercoated....i'm sure i can work something out to powdercout the ones for you guys as well, i'll talk that out with Tony.

mine are now powdercoated....i'm sure i can work something out to powdercout the ones for you guys as well, i'll talk that out with Tony.

Thanks Pole, either way I was reffering to the way yours looked fresh off the cutter...

XL

Even if he doesn't, I'll buy a set & post them over for you.
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

Even if he doesn't, I'll buy a set & post them over for you.

Thanx but i think he is looking into postage for me. I appreciate your offer of help though.

Mark
Pole or Thinkmoto, whoever has the resources, I NEED one of these fix kits...just sent the cash for my GC/Koni/SPC kit set up and I'm not even gonna bother putting it on before I get a fix kit...I'll PM you...please let me know. Thanks,

Bobby
I'm definately in, I'd like it if they had the stepped edge (and nice and shiny), but either way it'll be better than the pieces of crud the kit came with!
yeah so i didn't get a chance to work on them tonight..damn 13 hour day I'm hoping to get something done tomorrow after work..or on company time Regardless I'm gonna get the ball rolling and make at least 6 sets right off the bat. I'll try my best to get the finish nice on the pieces.

Otherwise if you guys are willing to wait and pay a little more I could work something out with Pole to get them powdercoated black?
I was going to check to see if anyone came up with a solution and it looks like someone does. I dropped mine off at the machine shop at my work and the guys are making something very similar to the ones posted above. Should work perfectly. I would have liked to get a bunch made but he was doing it as a favor so I didn't want to push my luck.
yeah so i didn't get a chance to work on them tonight..damn 13 hour day I'm hoping to get something done tomorrow after work..or on company time Regardless I'm gonna get the ball rolling and make at least 6 sets right off the bat. I'll try my best to get the finish nice on the pieces.

Otherwise if you guys are willing to wait and pay a little more I could work something out with Pole to get them powdercoated black?

As for finish, I'd take a rough & ready replacement in consideration for a price break. Just knock 'em out & ship 'em off! I, for one, would be happy to custom finish my own - if I so desired.
Put me down for a set.
Well I started on them last night at work. I was very bored and had nothing to do so I just started on company time I found out my tooling problem from the other day and replaced all the carbide inserts. Finish is 100% better and the finisehd product was much better. One of the guys in the toolroom showed me a very slick adapter for the lathe to clamp thin plates. So I'll be able to square these up and turn them down to size easily on the lathe. I was going togring them to size but its just a waste of time and your guys money. I'm hoping on Monday to finish turning them down,drill the offset hole and finish deburring them all.

I'll let you guys know when they are "done" next week and then we can go from there. I don't want any payments till these are done and I'm confident you all will be pleased with the finished product. If there is still plenty of interest I'll make anohter batch of these.

Now whos all in for sure? I can't remember who is in or interested?
in for sure mang
Shold we start a list of who's interested so we know how many should be made?
Now whos all in for sure? I can't remember who is in or interested?

Just to wrap it up and order a set, I'd like to check something last minute. Are these that you are making similar to Pole's in the sense that they are 1/4" all around but have a small step that allows it to fit the rubber, or is it 1/4" all around? thanks...

XL
As long as it's similar to pole's design and will fix the problem at hand, I'm in, for sure.
Originally posted by mySVT:
Shold we start a list of who's interested so we know how many should be made?

yeah start a list

And for those that are still wondering these will be like Poles. 1/4" thick plate with a step in it for the rubber to easily slide onto.
And for those that are still wondering these will be like Poles. 1/4" thick plate with a step in it for the rubber to easily slide onto.

I'm in

I'm in

did i miss the cost somewhere?
did i miss the cost somewhere?

I'm guessing a safe estimate would be about $30-40 for a set. Shipping not included but I'll see what I can do there.

just so you guys know, i installed my set today and they seem to be taking care of the problem entirely. There's no way these things are going to bend.

Tony(thinkmoto)- good luck with this and look me up if you want em coated.

I'm in.
I'm in.
Those plates look great! Currently, I am using an 1/8" high washer under the top nut to help with the clamping force. I was also considering to order extra manufactures plates and just double them up. However your design looks much better. Nice Job!

Count me in too!
<-------Waiting for Thinkmoto to shoot me a paypal address and $ amount .
I'm in.

id rather have them powdercoated blue or that sweet chrome powder coating that Powdercoatman has. if you can only do black, ill take mine plain. unless you are going to do black no matter what, then thats cool too. no big deal for me. mine arent bent yet but ill do it as a precaution. so definitely count me in. ive got money buring a whole in my pocket over here!
I'm in for sure.

Mark
<-------Waiting for Thinkmoto to shoot me a paypal address and $ amount .

quoted for redundancy

Blue, black, bare-naked, don't matter to me, me just want
hey... put me down for a set

polished would also look cool
Damn I guess I should have made 12 sets right away

Well guys I have 6 sets done and padded envelpoes to ship them in. They are plain machined finish deburred/chamfered edges so you can finish them however you desire. I went to the post office and got some rough estimates on shipping throughout the US. Finally price will be $40 shipped in the US. I know one of you was from Europe I still need an address to get shipping costs.

Payments can be sent to Thinkmoto@charter.net
PLease include your shipping information and your CEG screen name so I know who the hell I'm shipping this stuff too But anyways I'll try to get another set of 6 made up in the next week. OK here is the list I have so far.
This is going in order of who said they are IN first then those who are interested.

IN:
1.Duratex
2.Rkneeshaw3.0
3.Plastique SynthetiX
4.Y2KSVT
5.Nudespeed
6.PewtnerST24(pending shipping to the UK? I need your addy!!!)
7.Tourdeforce
8.Dion
9.TomV
10.SVT4STV
11.Morbid

Interested pending price:
12.Mapoftazifosho
13.SVTdriver627
14.Svtprodigy

If I forgot anyone let me know. If the guys who are interested want IN let me know I'll make more sets in the next batch for you. Once I recieve payment from the first 6 people they'll start shipping out. I'll start on the next
6-8 sets in the next few days and try to have them done by the end of the week or early next week. I work 10 hour days 6people so please bear in mind I'm not online alot so if I don't reply right away I'm sorry. If you paypal me please let me know via PM.
i'll take a set. add me to the list
Posted By: liquidX Re: First 6 sets are done and ready to ship. - 05/03/05 03:41 AM

IN:
1.Duratex *PAID*
2.Rkneeshaw3.0
3.Plastique SynthetiX
4.Y2KSVT
5.Nudespeed
7.Tourdeforce
8.Dion
9.TomV
10.SVT4STV
11.Morbid

Dammit! 6 sets made & I'm #7 on the list. In cribbage, we call it the sh!t hole.

Anyway, I am assuming these will be drilled with the proper offset, or are you leaving that to goofy CEGers like me to screw up???

IN:
1.Duratex *PAID*
2.Rkneeshaw3.0 *PAID*
3.Plastique SynthetiX
4.Y2KSVT
5.Nudespeed
7.Tourdeforce
8.Dion
9.TomV
10.SVT4STV
11.Morbid

hehe, me too
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: First 6 sets are done and ready to ship. - 05/03/05 03:07 PM

IN:
1.Duratex *PAID*
2.Rkneeshaw3.0 *PAID*
3.Plastique SynthetiX
4.Y2KSVT *PAID*
5.Nudespeed
7.Tourdeforce
8.Dion
9.TomV
10.SVT4STV
11.Morbid

hehe, me too

And then there were 3.

Mark
I'm PAID too
Dammit! 6 sets made & I'm #7 on the list. In cribbage, we call it the sh!t hole.

Anyway, I am assuming these will be drilled with the proper offset, or are you leaving that to goofy CEGers like me to screw up???

No biggee mang I'll try to have the next batch done by Monday. I'm just swamped at work, 10 hour days suck I do the machining work after work so some days I'm there for 12-13 hours. It gets rather old fast.

The plates are pre drilled for easy install. I transfer the holes from my original set of plates so all is good. I recieved 5 payments so 5 sets are shipping tomorrow afternoon. I'll try to find more time to get the next 6-12 sets done.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: First 6 sets are done and ready to ship. - 05/04/05 12:32 AM
cool. im in no rush. mine are brand spankin new. like a month old. im just getting them for preventative measures.

ps swapping them out wont require a re-alignment will it?
Originally posted by svt4stv:
cool. im in no rush. mine are brand spankin new. like a month old. im just getting them for preventative measures.

ps swapping them out wont require a re-alignment will it?

OK kool.

No need for a re alignment when swapping them out. Inless you feel they moved.

On a side note for all those involved with this that have purchased the SPC camber kits. I too called SPC about these kits...I'm playing phone tag right now but I'm hoping I can at least get a refund for the kit. I am going to let them know they are selling a flawed product
Posted By: liquidX Payment Update... keep em coming... - 05/04/05 03:49 AM
IN:
1.Duratex *PAID*
2.Rkneeshaw3.0 *PAID*
3.Plastique SynthetiX
4.Y2KSVT *PAID*
5.Nudespeed *PAID*
7.Tourdeforce
8.Dion
9.TomV
10.SVT4STV *PAID*
11.Morbid
Posted By: svt4stv Re: First 6 sets are done and ready to ship. - 05/04/05 05:22 AM
ok, time to be honest

i havent paid you dude. i think you need some sleepy time

wait a minute, that wasnt you that was DurateX that marked me as paid. good looking out DurateX but I think he would have caught on to your little scheme.
Posted By: TomV_dup1 Re: Payment Update... keep em coming... - 05/04/05 12:38 PM
I paid on Tuesday 3rd in the afternoon.
Posted By: liquidX Sorry, correction... - 05/04/05 02:14 PM
IN:
1.Duratex *PAID*
2.Rkneeshaw3.0 *PAID*
3.Plastique SynthetiX
4.Y2KSVT *PAID*
5.Nudespeed *PAID*
7.Tourdeforce
8.Dion
9.TomV *PAID*
10.SVT4STV
11.Morbid
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Sorry, correction... - 05/04/05 02:41 PM
duratex.....let Thinkmoto take care of the paid list as he recieves the payments.....
Posted By: liquidX Re: Sorry, correction... - 05/04/05 04:19 PM
duratex.....let Thinkmoto take care of the paid list as he recieves the payments.....

Was just trying to encourage the rest of the "I want one" people on the list by showing them the current purchased total. I know Moto is busy enough with 10 hour days plus making these things so trying to help bump up his business just a notch . I get what you mean though...

XL
Posted By: morbid Re: Sorry, correction... - 05/04/05 04:56 PM
*paid*

No biggee mang I'll try to have the next batch done by Monday. I'm just swamped at work, 10 hour days suck I do the machining work after work so some days I'm there for 12-13 hours. It gets rather old fast.

The plates are pre drilled for easy install. I transfer the holes from my original set of plates so all is good.

K.

Let me know when the next set is ready to ship & I'll drop some coin.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: First 6 sets are done and ready to ship. - 05/04/05 08:17 PM
thinkmoto, would you prefer us to pay you in advance? or when they are done and ready to be shipped? i can do either one.
I'd rather people waited to till i have the completed parts in my hands. I sent out the parts to the 5 people who paid me. They are coming USPS priority mail...post office said in 2 days Later Tony
Oh man... am I clown! I misunderstood Tony's first post about when payments were due. Sorry for cutting in line, it was unintentional.
I'd rather people waited to till i have the completed parts in my hands. I sent out the parts to the 5 people who paid me. They are coming USPS priority mail...post office said in 2 days Later Tony

Let me know cause i am in...
add me to the list. i'll pay when they r ready

IN:
1.Duratex Paid Parts shipped
2.Rkneeshaw3.0 Paid Parts shipped
3.Plastique SynthetiX
4.Y2KSVT Paid Parts shipped
5.Nudespeed Paid Parts shipped
6.PewtnerST24(pending shipping to the UK)
7.Tourdeforce
8.Dion
9.TomV Paid Parts shipped
10.SVT4STV
11.Morbid
12.Hmouta
13.Svtprodigy

14.Mapoftazifosho
15.SVTdriver627

I'm gonna try to start on the next batch this evening after work and hopefully finish that batch tomorrow....hopefully
Posted By: liquidX Re: First 6 sets are done and ready to ship. - 05/05/05 01:04 PM
Great! Priority mail will have these babies at my door by tomorrow or Saturday, thus allowing me to initially install them vs watching the regular ones bend to hell. You are a good man Thinkmoto!

XL
Posted By: Pole120 Re: First 6 sets are done and ready to ship. - 05/05/05 01:44 PM
Great! Priority mail will have these babies at my door by tomorrow or Saturday, thus allowing me to initially install them vs watching the regular ones bend to hell. You are a good man Thinkmoto!

XL

what about me
Posted By: liquidX Re: First 6 sets are done and ready to ship. - 05/05/05 01:54 PM

XL

what about me

Props to you too! You are the one that motivated us all with your pics!

what about me

Props to you too! You are the one that motivated us all with your pics!

oh ya, you have nice pics

IN:
3.Plastique SynthetiX
7.Tourdeforce
8.Dion
10.SVT4STV
11.Morbid
12.Hmouta
13.Svtprodigy
14.Buckshot77 Paid

15.Mapoftazifosho
16.SVTdriver627

I'm gonna try to start on the next batch this evening after work and hopefully finish that batch tomorrow....hopefully

Looks like it's time for a CNC program.
I give props to both pole and thinkmoto...

Out of all my friends who have different types of cars, nobody seems to have a site like this one where people come up with things like the camber kit fix, or some of the other "crazy" ideas we come up with, and they think I'm crazy for telling them about life on the CEG. I plan on getting another contour just to stay a part of this website.

In summary, I love you guys!!!!!!!

hahaha I mean uhhhh, thanks again pole and tony
IN:
3.Plastique SynthetiX
7.Tourdeforce
8.Dion
10.SVT4STV
11.Morbid Paid
12.Hmouta
13.Svtprodigy
14.Buckshot77 Paid

15.Mapoftazifosho
16.SVTdriver627

I started the next batch after work today. I'm gonna make 8 sets this time to cover all you that are for sure in as of today. Still working on the addy situation PewtnerST24 Pardon my ignorance. I plan on working on them tomorrow after work pending no major breakdowns at work. If I can finish them I will try to friday. Otherwise it'll be Monday for sure

Originally posted by Big Jim:
Looks like it's time for a CNC program.

You have no idea how nice it would be to have a CNC lathe at work. All the guys in the tool room agree with me on that one. The real time saver would be a parting tool that can cut through a piece of 3in diameter piece of stock. That would save a ton of time.
Just so you know, I've not dropped off the face of the planet. I shall be sending the money next week!
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: Batch #2 continued - 05/06/05 10:02 PM
I continued today on batch #2. Hopefully Monday I'll finish them.
Posted By: liquidX Got em!!! **PICS** - 05/06/05 10:43 PM
So you guys can get a good idea of how good this guy is making these things. Thinkmoto, way to go...

Another photoshoot courtesy of my girlie

1/4" of solid reassurance!
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Got em!!! **PICS** - 05/07/05 02:13 AM
The kit rubber also seems flimsy. Stick some stock rubbers on them thangs.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Got em!!! **PICS** - 05/07/05 02:52 AM
The kit rubber also seems flimsy. Stick some stock rubbers on them thangs.

i'm making polyurethane ones for mine
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Got em!!! **PICS** - 05/07/05 03:48 AM
duratex, more pics of girlie plz, less of metal
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Got em!!! **PICS** - 05/07/05 03:56 AM

Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Got em!!! **PICS** - 05/07/05 04:48 PM
Originally posted by SVTCANUK:

IN:
3.Plastique SynthetiX
7.Tourdeforce
8.Dion Paid
10.SVT4STV
11.Morbid Paid
12.Hmouta
13.Svtprodigy
14.Buckshot77 Paid

15.Mapoftazifosho
16.SVTdriver627

I will continue updating as payments come. I should have the update you all want to hear Monday evening
got mine today f-in sweet! much thanks to tony for my set, and to pole for kicking off the idea!!!
IN:
3.Plastique SynthetiX
7.Tourdeforce
8.Dion Paid
10.SVT4STV
11.Morbid Paid
12.Hmouta Paid
13.Svtprodigy
14.Buckshot77 Paid
15.NVSVT (2sets) Paid

16.Mapoftazifosho
17.SVTdriver627

woot! Got mine yesterday. Got 'em painted and one of them already instsalled (long story on the other one, sadly Its the strut's fault, not the plate, mostly involving a spinning shaft so the nut won't come off the top )
will these things work on the camber kits on ebay?
Posted By: svt4stv Re: First 6 sets are done and ready to ship. - 05/09/05 05:58 AM
Originally posted by 98_HO_Contour:
will these things work on the camber kits on ebay?

read page 1, that's what they were designed for.
IN:
3.Plastique SynthetiX
7.Tourdeforce
8.Dion Paid
10.SVT4STV
11.Morbid Paid
12.Hmouta Paid
13.Svtprodigy
14.Buckshot77 Paid
15.NVSVT (2sets) Paid

16.Mapoftazifosho
17.SVTdriver627

Mark me paid & waiting.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: First 6 sets are done and ready to ship. - 05/09/05 04:14 PM
Received mine Saturday. They look great! I need an impact wrech to get the top nut off, as I have the same problem with the strut turning while I turn the nut.

Mark
Just tighten the nut another 1/2 turn or so, then sit on the fender while you loosten the nut. Should take just enough load off the nut to let it spin without the strut shaft.

'Course, I'm prolly a bigger guy...
it its like my problem, its not that the nut won't spin, its that the nut spins with the whole shaft too. Since both parts are spinning the nut doesnt come off the shaft, and the top plate cant' be changed.

I noticed the shaft is a torx. So I could theoretically put a torx bit in the shaft, then use an open end wrench to get the nut off, theoretically of course.
Posted By: liquidX Re: First 6 sets are done and ready to ship. - 05/09/05 05:19 PM
I noticed the shaft is a torx. So I could theoretically put a torx bit in the shaft, then use an open end wrench to get the nut off, theoretically of course.

That's the way I did my suspension many times
it its like my problem, its not that the nut won't spin, its that the nut spins with the whole shaft too. Since both parts are spinning the nut doesnt come off the shaft, and the top plate cant' be changed.

Ah, you mean the book method. On Koni's, there's another hex surface to hold onto with a small wrench while you loosen the retaining nut.
PAID!
Originally posted by RogerB:

Ah, you mean the book method. On Koni's, there's another hex surface to hold onto with a small wrench while you loosen the retaining nut.

On my car, the hex cap of the Koni was recessed slightly in the nut, so you could not grab it with a small wrench or needle nose pliers or nuttin'. I just put my weight on the fender to compress the fresh new strut mount a bit, this eased the tension the nut had on the threads of the strut shaft & I was able to spin the nut without the problem of the shaft spinning with it.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: 2nd Batch of 8 sets is done - 05/09/05 10:25 PM
IN:
3.Plastique SynthetiX
7.Tourdeforce Paid
8.Dion Paid
10.SVT4STV
11.Morbid Paid
12.Hmouta Paid
13.Svtprodigy Paid
14.Buckshot77 Paid
15.NVSVT (2sets) Paid
16.Dmitri Paid

17.Mapoftazifosho
18.SVTdriver627

Batch #2 is done now! I just got them done after work today so for those few that haven't paid go right ahead, I'm saving those sets for you.I'm going to ship out the ones that have paid so far tomorrow.

I'm going to have to make another Batch for a few people that just paid. Those should be done by the end of the week and ship by the weekend.

I'm sorry to hear some of you are having problems with your struts. Been there done that too many times Thats why I love my Konis sooo much
Paid!
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: 2nd Batch of 8 sets is done - 05/10/05 12:25 AM
IN:
3.Plastique SynthetiX Paid
7.Tourdeforce Paid
8.Dion Paid
10.SVT4STV
11.Morbid Paid
12.Hmouta Paid
13.Svtprodigy Paid
14.Buckshot77 Paid
15.NVSVT (2sets) Paid
16.Dmitri Paid

17.Mapoftazifosho
18.SVTdriver627

I will be shipping 7 packages tomorrow after work as of now. Thanks guys I'll keep you all posted
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: 2nd Batch of 8 sets is done - 05/10/05 01:42 AM
Comparison pics for everyone:

Installed:

I probably could've gotten the rubber around the perimeter of the plate a little better, but its a "good enough" job for tonight

EDIT: Please excuse hte filthy engine bay; it hasn't been through a spring cleaning yet!
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: 2nd Batch of 8 sets is done - 05/10/05 03:52 AM
EDIT: Please excuse hte filthy engine bay; it hasn't been through a spring cleaning yet!

I was gonna say that is one disgusting engine bay! Freakin' plug wire hangin' out & chiz... Tuck those things in, there are women & children here!
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: 2nd Batch of 8 sets is done - 05/10/05 01:02 PM
Tuck those things in, there are women & children here!

Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: 2nd Batch of 8 sets is done - 05/10/05 11:00 PM
bad news guys in the 2nd batch. I had to work extra late at work today so I couldn't get to the post office in time to ship them out. I was 15 minutes late.....I'm rather pissed about that. Sorry I'll make sure I get them out tomorrow.
WHAAAAT?!?!!?!?!? I dunno what we're paying you for anyway!!!!

LOL, I know I for one am just glad to have a solution to the problem.... No rush for me....
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: 2nd Batch of 8 sets is done - 05/11/05 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Plastique_synthetiX:
WHAAAAT?!?!!?!?!? I dunno what we're paying you for anyway!!!!

Yeah!!! I don't even have a car to put these on yet, but I want my parts NOW !!!!! MysTour Man!!

J/K! No sweat, my friend.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: 2nd Batch of 8 sets is done - 05/11/05 09:14 PM
IN:
3.Plastique SynthetiXPaid Parts shipped
6.PewtnerST24(pending payment)
7.Tourdeforce Paid Parts shipped
8.Dion Paid Parts shipped
10.SVT4STV Paid
11.Morbid Paid Parts shipped
12.Hmouta Paid Parts shipped
13.Svtprodigy Paid Parts shipped
14.Buckshot77 Paid Parts shipped
15.NVSVT (2sets) Paid
16.Dmitri Paid

17.Mapoftazifosho
18.SVTdriver627

I got the parts shipped out today. There was no way in hell I was going to go through that again. They will be coming via USPS priority mail. So you should be seeing them by this weekend. I'm going to start on the next batch maybe tomorrow. Looks like I might have some more people coming aboard on this so I might be making more then just 3 sets for the last few people.
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: 2nd Batch of 8 sets is done - 05/12/05 04:42 AM
Cool man, they will be going on the car this weekend.

Thanks,
Rick
Posted By: Blackcoog_dup1 Re: 2nd Batch of 8 sets is done - 05/12/05 02:57 PM
I put on a set I made and I also had the same problem with the nut not wanting to come off. I used an allen wrench to hold the top of the strut from spinning. Man was it a pain in the ass to get off it was like the two nuts were seized together. It turned both all the way off.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: 2nd Batch of 8 sets is done - 05/13/05 01:53 AM
IN:
6.PewtnerST24(pending payment)
10.SVT4STV Paid Parts shipped
15.NVSVT (2sets) Paid
16.Dmitri Paid

17.Mapoftazifosho
18.SVTdriver627

Shipped out another set today.
Posted By: PEWTNERST24 Re: 2nd Batch of 8 sets is done - 05/13/05 08:31 AM
I've paid too now

Thanx Tony
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: 2nd Batch of 8 sets is done - 05/13/05 09:57 AM
IN:
6.PewtnerST24 Paid
15.NVSVT (2sets) Paid
16.Dmitri Paid

17.Mapoftazifosho
18.SVTdriver627

Posted By: Allyn48_dup1 Too Late?? - 05/14/05 02:48 AM
Haven't been on in a while, are these still available?
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Too Late?? - 05/14/05 03:28 AM
i got mine. thanks. now its off to be powdercoated.
Posted By: dion_dup1 Re: 2nd Batch of 8 sets is done - 05/14/05 04:21 PM
Got mine, looks great! Thanks to Tony and Josh for this!
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: Too Late?? - 05/14/05 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Allyn48:
Haven't been on in a while, are these still available?

yes I have to make 3 more sets yet. And I will continue to make these plates as they are needed.

I happy to see everyone appears to be happy with the final product.
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: Too Late?? - 05/16/05 12:17 PM
Installed mine this weekend. Great product man!! Thanks for making these up.

Rick
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: Too Late?? - 05/16/05 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
Installed mine this weekend. Great product man!! Thanks for making these up.

Rick

No problem Thanks for buying a set.
Posted By: morbid Re: Too Late?? - 05/16/05 04:35 PM
holy crap! I saw the pictures, but I didn't realize how beefy they were until I held them in my hand. Thanks!
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: Too Late?? - 05/17/05 08:10 AM
I started on the last 3 sets tonight. Hopefully tomorrow night guys I'll get them done. Sorry about the wait you 2
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re:batch 3 has shipped - 05/19/05 05:57 AM
IN:
6.PewtnerST24 Paid Parts shipped
15.NVSVT (2sets) Paid Parts shipped
16.Dmitri Paid Parts shipped

17.Mapoftazifosho
18.SVTdriver627

Ok I shipped out the last sets today. Mapoftazifosho
and SVTdriver627 if you are interested I can make more.

I might start another thread in the GB section to see if anyone else is interested. As long as work doesn't get pissed that I'm making them after hours I'll keep doing it.
Posted By: Plastique_synthetiX_dup1 Re:batch 3 has shipped - 05/19/05 01:41 PM
thanks again, I installed mine the other day and they look great. They actually look like I installed a high quality product, rather than some crappy bent metal chunks from a junk yard or something.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re:batch 3 has shipped - 05/19/05 02:00 PM
WELL DONE TONY!

We all appreciate your efforts, & I look forward to being able to shake your hand one day. Kudos, my friend.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re:batch 3 has shipped - 05/19/05 02:06 PM
Wow Thanks for all the comments guys I'm just happy I could help everyone out with this problem. With such a positive reply from these plates I will continue to make them and other parts for sure now. Thanks again to everyone
Posted By: morbid Re:batch 3 has shipped - 05/19/05 06:03 PM
Now that I have mine... I'll make this suggestion....

Make a bunch of them and sell them to SPMotorsports. They can list them has "Stage 2" camber plates or something.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re:batch 3 has shipped - 05/20/05 02:52 PM
Originally posted by morbid:
Now that I have mine... I'll make this suggestion....

Make a bunch of them and sell them to SPMotorsports. They can list them has "Stage 2" camber plates or something.

Only problem is they would probably mark them up bigtime. I'd rather make them as they are needed to keep the price down!

Oh looks like I'm gonna be starting another batch I'm not sure how many I'll need but I think i'm gonna move this to the GB section just to keep the mods happy.
Posted By: jthursby Re:batch 3 has shipped - 05/22/05 12:11 PM
I'll take one of the next sets. PM and paypal sent.

Jim
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re:batch 3 has shipped - 05/22/05 09:58 PM
IN
Jthursby paid
99cougar paid

I will start on these monday or tuesday. Hopefully at the end of the week or before they'll ship. Thanks again guys.
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re:batch 3 has shipped - 05/23/05 02:17 AM
Can I still be in?
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re:batch 3 has shipped - 05/23/05 11:53 PM
Originally posted by ExDelayed:
Can I still be in?

I make plates as demand asks for them So yes whenever you want some let me know and I'll get another set going. I started another batch.
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re:batch 3 has shipped - 05/24/05 03:37 PM
Im going to paypal you right now. Check your PM box.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re:batch 3 has shipped - 05/24/05 10:03 PM
IN
Jthursby paid
99cougar paid
SvtStPete paid
Exdelayed paid

I started on these yesterday and will continue tomorrow. I'd like to get them out before Friday if possible. Thanks again guys.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re:batch 4 has shipped - 05/26/05 10:11 PM
IN
Jthursby paid Shipped
99cougar paid Shipped
SvtStPete paid Shipped
Exdelayed paid Shipped

I shipped out the parts today via USPS priority mail so look for it in 2-3 days.

I have one more set of plates leftover for anyone interested. After that it'll be back to making them at demand.

Posted By: mySVT_dup1 Re:batch 4 has shipped - 05/27/05 01:52 AM
I'll take that last set off your hands.
Posted By: snowb159 Re:batch 4 has shipped - 05/27/05 03:07 AM
Just sent you money and a PM
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re:batch 4 has shipped - 05/30/05 02:29 PM
Originally posted by snowb159:
Just sent you money and a PM

I'll get it shipped tomorrow. I'll start on more sets for those who are still interested.
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re:batch 4 has shipped - 05/30/05 05:07 PM
I will take a set. The money is being sent paypal right now.
Posted By: jthursby Re:batch 4 has shipped - 05/31/05 12:20 AM
I got mine Saturday. They look nice. thank!

Jim
Posted By: mySVT_dup1 Re:batch 4 has shipped - 05/31/05 04:20 AM
I will take a set please.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re:batch 3 has shipped - 05/31/05 05:39 PM
Got mine, look great. Thanks Tony!
Posted By: Stylin55_oh Re:batch 3 has shipped - 05/31/05 06:44 PM
paid and awaiting my new plates.. maybe i should order my new struts and springs
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re:batch 3 has shipped - 06/01/05 12:06 AM
Originally posted by SVT PETE:
Got mine, look great. Thanks Tony!

Thanks Pete

I'm going to start onother batch of plates tomorrow after work. Thanks to all who have been patient waiting for me to finish these. I've been too friggin busy lately I wish i had 36 hour days to work on all my projects
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re:plates update - 06/02/05 11:30 PM
I'm sorry to say I haven't had a chance to work on the plates yet this week. Everytime I try to get on a lathe its being used after I punch out. I'm gonna try tomorrow...I'd rather not but if I have to I might work on them on saturday. Sorry for the inconvience but I can't help this
Posted By: snowb159 Re:plates update - 06/03/05 04:40 AM
i got mine today, look great, thanks again! Now i just have to wait for my koni kit early next week and install late next week, cant wait!!
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re:plate update - 06/04/05 08:32 PM
OK guys I got to work on them finally!! I'm about half way done on them. Next week I'll face them all off and drill the holes. I'm making 7-8 extra sets this batch so that way others won't have to wait. Sorry for the wait etc, I've been very busy.
I had these parts arrive at my door to Powdercoat , they are nice !!! powder coating them is a charm as well !! plus i PC them dirt cheap so if you dont know where to send em , talk to me !
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re:plate update - 06/05/05 07:06 AM
Got mine on friday, nice and powdercoated.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re:plate update - 06/05/05 10:07 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys

I'm gonna continue on Tuesday most likely for the rest of you. I have to start installing windows in my house on Monday.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re:plate update finally!! - 06/10/05 09:47 PM
OK guys I finished up the next batch today finally. I'll try to ship them out tomorrow or else on Monday.
Randycsvt Paid
Stylin550 Paid
Tourdeforce Paid
Mysvt Paid

I also have 7 more sets to sell if anyone is interested. Thanks for your patience all.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re:plate update finally!! - 06/11/05 01:07 AM
Well done Toney! You are a prince among men!

<<< (Bows)
Posted By: 99 red SVT Re:plate update finally!! - 06/11/05 09:54 PM
I would like a set. Check your pm.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re:plate update finally!! - 06/12/05 11:53 PM

Randycsvt Paid
Stylin550 Paid
Tourdeforce Paid
Mysvt Paid
99redsvt Paid

I have 5 sets that will be shipping tomorrow after work for the following individuals. Thanks you all.

Now for anyone else interested I have 6 more sets sitting here ready to be shipped.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re:plate update finally!! - 06/13/05 09:02 PM
Randycsvt Paid shipped
Stylin550 Paid shipped
Tourdeforce Paid shipped
Mysvt Paid shipped
99redsvt Paid shipped

Parts shipped today.

Now for anyone else interested I have 6 more sets sitting here ready to be shipped.
Originally posted by RogerB:

On my car, the hex cap of the Koni was recessed slightly in the nut, so you could not grab it with a small wrench or needle nose pliers or nuttin'. I just put my weight on the fender to compress the fresh new strut mount a bit, this eased the tension the nut had on the threads of the strut shaft & I was able to spin the nut without the problem of the shaft spinning with it.

I am having the same problem with my koni struts and camber kit. I am using the stock plates with the rubber removed and I am not able to tighten them enough to clear the hex cap needed to hold the strut while loosening the nut. I am not even sure I will be able to use the upgraded plates. How tight do these have to be. I just tightened it untill the strut started spinning. is that tight enough or will my alignment be thrown off if I hit a bump or something.
Originally posted by RandyCSVT:
I am having the same problem with my koni struts and camber kit. I am using the stock plates with the rubber removed and I am not able to tighten them enough to clear the hex cap needed to hold the strut while loosening the nut. I am not even sure I will be able to use the upgraded plates. How tight do these have to be. I just tightened it untill the strut started spinning. is that tight enough or will my alignment be thrown off if I hit a bump or something.

I just couldn't live with that situation any more either. I picked up some standard strut nuts from the auto part stores & a couple of lock washers. With the camber plates from Thinkmoto, I've solved all the problems. Nice & snug & work the way they should. I'm also going to get some rubber caps or sup'm to put over top of the Konis to protect the adjustment tabs - just in case.
LOL I dont know if you noticed but on the front page where the pics are..they are now the morettes
Posted By: Pole120 Re: First 6 sets are done and ready to ship. - 06/15/05 05:49 PM
oops.....
OWNED!! LOL
Posted By: Fordowner Re:plate update finally!! - 07/26/05 07:51 PM
So these appear to fix the spinning of my camber kits? I was thinking of getting stock strut mounts for my Koni/GC kit because the things are always twisting out of position.

By the way, where do most people line up the square(socket) hole on the camber kit: back, outside side, interior side, front ?
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re:plate update finally!! - 07/27/05 05:37 AM
The socket hole position depends on the camber/caster adjustment. That is how the adjustment is made.
Posted By: fordrule Re:plate update finally!! - 11/16/05 07:14 PM
can someone still get these? is there another group buy on these?
© CEG Archives