Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: TaurusKev Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/22/04 09:40 AM
They have 2.5L -> 3.0L mods for the Duratec, is there a mod to make more power out of a Zetec that is similar to the Duratec's conversion?
(I did a search and came up empty)
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/22/04 07:18 PM
you mean an engine swap? Hasn't been done yet.
you can bore the Zetec to a 2.2
Posted By: TaurusKev Re: Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/22/04 09:21 PM
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:

Hmmm, think its time we make it happen
Originally posted by ContourKev:

it would cost you more to swap a different motor into your contour than it would to buy another one.
Posted By: Nate S Re: Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/22/04 10:09 PM
well, unless you've already put a lot of money and time into your car and want to keep it
Posted By: R_G Re: Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/23/04 12:09 AM
Originally posted by ZetecRacing:

it would cost you more to swap a different motor into your contour than it would to buy another one.

Posted By: TaurusKev Re: Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/23/04 03:19 AM

You mean, put an unreliable Duratec in?
Duratecs, just like zetecs, if properly cared for are not unreliable.
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:

Still drunk?
Posted By: N-terst8 Re: Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/23/04 04:47 AM
lol... I was kind of wondering that myself like if you could upgrade the liter to 2.5 maybe or 3.0... that would be sweet, but would require 4 big cylinders! haha

STeve
There was a drag car on history channel, guy is supposed to be making the new generation of drag cars. Small cars, with big 4cyl, turbos and COMPUTER CONTROLLED IGNITION/FUEL (not currently allowed in pro drag). He had a 4.8L 4cyl,,, whole car, ready for strip for only $100k.
Posted By: TaurusKev Re: Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/23/04 05:47 AM
Nah, I hear alot more problems with Duratec's than Zetecs...
Moosing, Water Pump, some problem where it dont perform well in rain, so on...
Posted By: Locster Re: Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/23/04 05:58 AM
We could use the SVVF's head couldn't we??
Or what about adjustable time grear for VCT on the intake side??
Posted By: TaurusKev Re: Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/23/04 06:11 AM
I wonder who on CEG has the best Zetec contour...
Posted By: The Davis Re: Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/23/04 06:31 AM

Me! (I wish)
Nah, I hear alot more problems with Duratec's than Zetecs...
Moosing, Water Pump, some problem where it dont perform well in rain, so on...

Not true, nope, and nu uh. I had more problems with my Zetec, it always wanted to crash.

Seriously though, Kremi is right; if it's properly maintained, it'll run for a long time.
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/23/04 04:10 PM
Originally posted by D Davis:

Me! (I wish)

When its all put back together, its between you are Loco, with me placing 3rd (maybe).
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/23/04 05:02 PM
Originally posted by SleeperZ:

Me! (I wish)

When its all put back together, its between you are Loco, with me placing 3rd (maybe).

Got some more mods coming.
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/23/04 06:11 PM
Originally posted by LoCoZ:

Me! (I wish)

Got some more mods coming.

Once I find a header I like, I should be top of the list.
(2000 Focus Intake Manifold and Stage 2 Cams sitting in the garage.)
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/23/04 08:06 PM
then I will be 4th with my GMK CAI & SVT Exhaust
First of all, my zetec contour will always be best (maybe not fastest ,,atleast not for a while) but always the best. Mine has yet to leave me stranded (knock on wood) and I have a working chip.

And as far as duratecs go, there are plenty with more miles on them than zetecs, I think they get driven less hard cuz they have a little more power,,, also h2o pump, moosing, and dmd are all pretty easy, regular maintenance,, not really a reliability issue. Though zetecs smell better.
Posted By: The Davis Re: Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/23/04 09:40 PM
You guys can just put me in last until mine moves under its own power again.
Posted By: TaurusKev Re: Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/24/04 03:42 AM
Hehehehe, my Contour FINALLY runs on its own power now
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/24/04 06:31 AM
So when ya coming to a meet Kev?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/24/04 09:02 AM
First of all, my zetec contour will always be best (maybe not fastest ,,atleast not for a while) but always the best. Mine has yet to leave me stranded (knock on wood) and I have a working chip.

Keep on thinking that.
You mean keep on knowing that.
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/24/04 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Elmo:

Keep on thinking that.

Hopefuly everybody considers there car the best to them, so they keep the Contour community alive.

And LocoZ, why did you change your name to Elmo?????
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/24/04 04:54 PM

Keep on thinking that.

Hopefuly everybody considers there car the best to them, so they keep the Contour community alive.

Just look around.
What the hell? Everybody knows my Zetec owns all! I finally got my VTEC light hooked up.
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/24/04 05:34 PM

Keep on thinking that.

Just look around.

I just noticed Cookie Monster (yeah I'm blind).
I guess Kremit started a trend.
Maybe I'll change my name to Beaker, Big Bird, or maybe The Count.

Decided to go with Rizzo!
No way Rizzo, I started it! Actually, Phil did, I just gave in to peer pressure.
Posted By: Nate S Re: Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/24/04 06:27 PM

Keep on thinking that.

Just look around.

You're so uncool if you don't have a sesame street name!
Posted By: Nate S Re: Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/24/04 11:29 PM
You're so uncool if you don't have a sesame street name!

..by the way, who did cookie monster use to be?
edit
oh, nevermind...
You not cool unless you pee yo pants!
Posted By: TaurusKev Re: Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/25/04 03:24 AM
Originally posted by Super Grover:
So when ya coming to a meet Kev?

Now faced with the problem of suspended licence plates...
I hate state of Illinois...

Tho it doesnt run WELL, but at least its able to go around the block a few times
Nudey Magazine Day!!!
Posted By: TaurusKev Re: Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/25/04 03:33 AM
Nudey Magazine Day!!!

Had nothing to do with this thread... or even CEG... NOW I see how you got so many points!
Posted By: Nate S Re: Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/25/04 03:36 AM
this is possibly one of the most confusing threads I've ever read on ceg...
Nudey Magazine Day!!!

Had nothing to do with this thread... or even CEG... NOW I see how you got so many points!

What the ... do you have against me? Anyways it was in response to Eric's post,, maybe you don't get it, but he will,, butt out of other people's convos if you don't understand and only wanna criticize.
Posted By: TaurusKev Re: Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/25/04 03:41 AM
Nah, im teasing
Nah, im teasing

Ok, since you were doing it in more than one post, I thought you were angry at me or something.....
Posted By: TaurusKev Re: Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/25/04 05:13 AM
Nah, im teasing

Ok, since you were doing it in more than one post, I thought you were angry at me or something.....

Nah, just bored
Oh hello Mr. Penguin. I see what's goin on here.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Dumb Zetec mod question? (Upgrading) - 02/25/04 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Cookie Monster:

Originally posted by Cookie Monster:

© CEG Archives