Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: murphylee exhaust - 03/27/03 09:50 PM
I am really having trouble with deciding on a new exhaust. I would like to get a new header so that I can change my cat but can't find a header for the tour!! I also wanted to go 2"or 2.25" pipe all the way to dual outs. Do you guys think that would flow too freely (no res 2 hi flo mufflers) on a zetec. I also don't know what type of muffler will sound good w/o rasp. I have access to a pipe bender and I can weld so I will probably do this on my own.
Thanks in advance guys
Posted By: blury Re: exhaust - 03/27/03 10:00 PM
If your N/A the research ive found on the zetec says go 2.25 single exhaust. With High flow cat, flex pipe. Or if race header no cat.
Posted By: murphylee Re: exhaust - 03/27/03 10:16 PM
I figured that if I got rid of the cat I would lose too much pressure in my exhaust.
Posted By: civic_smoker Re: exhaust - 03/27/03 11:10 PM
MOTEC MOTEC MOTEC MOTEC!!
Posted By: murphylee Re: exhaust - 03/28/03 12:18 AM
I went to the motec web site they have nothing to do to with exhaust. unless I missed something.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: exhaust - 03/28/03 07:16 AM
Originally posted by murphylee:
I figured that if I got rid of the cat I would lose too much pressure in my exhaust.

It is true ( I lost a lot of torque down low in the RPMS after installing the race header). But the gain in the mid to high range RPMs is great!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: exhaust - 03/29/03 03:13 AM
tom and ray (a.k.a. as click & clack, car talk,etc.) in newspaper said not enough pressure makes exhaust valves melt, so is that gonna happen to say a car like u'rs hector?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: exhaust - 03/29/03 06:19 AM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
tom and ray (a.k.a. as click & clack, car talk,etc.) in newspaper said not enough pressure makes exhaust valves melt, so is that gonna happen to say a car like u'rs hector?

Um no.
© CEG Archives