Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Okay, what happens if I split the exhaust in front of the resonator, run dual exhausts from the split on back, use the original muffler on one side of the 'dual' exhaust, and use the resonator on the other side of the exhaust? Actually, I don't even know why I would want to do this, but it's late at night, and I come up with dumb ideas at this time. Anyone ever tried anything like this?
it could work, i don't know why you would do it that way or how much of a HP loss you'll have (i doubt it'll gain any). Just for looks?
Probably would lose some torque, maybe horsepower.
Why not keep the res, and split it after the res and run straight pipe to some tips?
what makes that any different than putting a SVT exhaust on a ZETEC, only where the split begins...
I guess what my feeble mind was conjuring in the middle of the night was that the resonator seems to be a bottle neck. At least, that's what I've read on a lot of posts. I'm assuming that the resonator and the muffler both impose certain amounts of restriction, otherwise there would be no advantage in running straight pipes. So, if I split the pipe, and allow half of the exhaust gas to go to either side of the duals, I would assume that there would only be minimal restriction that occurred after the split. In order to make the system run quieter than two straight pipes, I would need something on both sides, and since I would have one muffler, and one resonator that had just been removed, I figured what the heck, just stick one on each side.

Like I said, my thinking at night sometimes gets me in trouble. I guess that's why I'm now paying alimony and child support.
Originally posted by bentleywarren:

Like I said, my thinking at night sometimes gets me in trouble. I guess that's why I'm now paying alimony and child support.

LOL
Originally posted by carrot_top:

LOL

LOL

Carrot_top finds this soo funny why??? Cause he is the same way....
Originally posted by contourd:

LOL

Carrot_top finds this soo funny why??? Cause he is the same way....

yep.thats why i quit drinkin and smoking... well lets leave it at that.
You peeps have some issues.
why is it that everyone what HP for free in here these days???
you know hector I guess we are going about these performance mods all wrong dropping all the cash into our cars where it's the free mods that give you the "real" power
who would of ever know free mods are where it's at guess I better stop saving up for those winter mods I was gonna go.
Originally posted by ZetecRacing:
you know hector I guess we are going about these performance mods all wrong dropping all the cash into our cars where it's the free mods that give you the "real" power
who would of ever know free mods are where it's at guess I better stop saving up for those winter mods I was gonna go.

sorry Joe, not all of us can drop a sh*tload of money into our cars.
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:

Neither can I, I have to save for a while for mods.
not to mention the fact that doing your own mods gives u experience with the engine and helps develop new ideas (ever wonder how cars in the old days were made to go fast, mainly by home made mods) joe, is their something wrong with doing cheap mods until you can afford something manufactured? is this not "real HP"?
not to mention the fact that doing your own mods gives u experience with the engine and helps develop new ideas (ever wonder how cars in the old days were made to go fast, mainly by home made mods) joe, is their something wrong with doing cheap mods until you can afford something manufactured? is this not "real HP"?
I really want to learn this engine in and out. That is why I got the header. I was tired of waiting for nothing and took it on myself. I didn't do all the work but figured out what had to be done. I was and am tired of the topic being discussed over and over and nothing come of it.

just as hector said it's called SAVE for them.... it may take time but that's how I do mine.... if I had a crap load of money you think I would be driving a 96 contour GL.... answer NO I would have a 03 cobra sitting in my garage or better...
some of us like to use a little thing called inguniety (spelling?) and do what we can instead of waiting around... do u think i'm never gonna save for stuff for my car? do u think i'm not saving for the body kit i'm getting? do you think when i say my future plans are for a turbo, that i'm just gonna throw one on their myself? please tell me what the problem is with doing cheap (and in my case temporary) mods?
In reply to:

please tell me what the problem is with doing cheap (and in my case temporary) mods?

Im with you, man. If it wasnt for cheap mods, I would not have any.
Any mod can be a cheap one, just look for deals.
Originally posted by Hector:

cool find me a cheap 528WHP cosworth Zetec please
In reply to:

Ok, find me a cheap turbo or supercharger....
I have $100 in my pocket, start searching
Im just kidding, I know what you mean.
all the good mods cost too much, the $50 or less in my wallet isn't gonna get me much, why does everything have to cost money?
I found a lot of parts with deals.
all the good mods cost too much, the $50 or less in my wallet isn't gonna get me much, why does everything have to cost money?
then wait two or three weeks and then you will have enough for a CTA intake a real mod or exaust unless you wanna waste money on stainless....
i have to pay for body kit (and pay to get it painted, rest of car buffed or painted, and fix a few interior things), and i'm waitin' for street flight, my current intake is probably very close to same added power as CTA., not to mention it has less heat soak.
Heat soak was never a problem. At the dyno my intake temp never went about 75 F.
Heat soak was never a problem. At the dyno my intake temp never went about 75 F.

same here each time I have dynoed my intake temp was never more the 1F higher than outside temps..... and I bet with the CAI it would be about the same difference.

same here each time I have dynoed my intake temp was never more the 1F higher than outside temps..... and I bet with the CAI it would be about the same difference.
I'm pretty sure it would be pretty consistent.
well, atleast mine cost nearly $100 less.
In reply to:

I can find you a turbo for < $100...the stuff you need to hook it up is the expensive part.
Originally posted by Blackie:
In reply to:

I can find you a turbo for < $100...the stuff you need to hook it up is the expensive part.
So can I.
me too, now, how can we do all the extra stuff needed for free or cheap? just buy some metal pipe, pvc tubing, stuff like that?
Duct tape...lots of duct tape
Lot of hose clamps too....
Hey if Duct Tape works fo NASA. Then by God. I can do wonders with it on my 96 Tour.
I am running out right now and with cardboard and Duct tape. I am making my own SVT body kit.

HAHA cool!
Dont forget to make a spoiler too
Duct tape?!
In reply to:

Duct tape?!

Yup, you always gotta have duct tape....just in case
Mirror broke off? Fix it with duct tape!
Seat torn? Fix it with duct tape!

I gotta get out of this house for awhile..
© CEG Archives