Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: airforce1_dup1 what is the best CAI - 09/05/02 07:09 PM
what is the best CAI for our engines and whrer can i get one and how much do they cost. i have searched this and there are no conversations about it. i have seen pics of zetecs with them but i cant find any. i like the one on chattavegase's car. any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: BBorges_dup1 Re: what is the best CAI - 09/05/02 07:48 PM
Wow... there are a lot of conversations about that...

I mean.. there were before... On the old CEG forums...

I just bought the CTA three weeks ago... I would recommend that in a blink...

Someone (I think D DAVIS) is working on a real cold air Intake... I don't know where he is with that.... but is supposed to be better than the CTA... you wouldn't need anymore any heatshield...

Those are the two I know of... I've read something about StreetFIGHT or streetFLIGHT and I am not sure about that one...

Posted By: SleeperZ Re: what is the best CAI - 09/05/02 07:59 PM
DDavis is the test car for the StrretFlight True Cold Air Intake.
Something like a 11HP gain on his car.
CTA is currently the best available intake for the Zetec.
But I would suggest waiting for the StreetFlight CAI.
Posted By: The Davis Re: what is the best CAI - 09/05/02 08:22 PM
Latest update...

Posted By: SQPlus_dup1 Re: what is the best CAI - 09/05/02 10:49 PM
Well, considering that a real CAI has to intake cold air, which is realisiticly only accomplished by moving the filter out of the engine bay, there technical isn't a CAI available for our car. The StreetFlight intake will be the first real CAI in my opinion.
Posted By: airforce1_dup1 Re: what is the best CAI - 09/05/02 11:35 PM
thank you for that but who knows when the streetflight one will be done and i want to get one within the next few months. where can i get the CTA for our cars? how much is it and give me more details. im looking for little things that help with the performance and asthetic appeal to my car. also, you must have to cut a hole in the fender well for the CAI. give me some details on this too. the pics dont show that part.
Posted By: The Davis Re: what is the best CAI - 09/05/02 11:44 PM
You should already have a hole there to begin with. The kit is designed to aim directly to that hole, but it would require widening. It's a 3" diameter pipe right now. I don't have any good photos of that spot because I always think to take them after the CAI is installed, which basically blocks the view since the black paint and shadows are hard to differentiate.

If you want to know more, email info@streetflight.com (include Keith's name in the subject so he gets it) and ask whatever's on your mind. Tell him Darrel sent you
Posted By: airforce1_dup1 Re: what is the best CAI - 09/06/02 04:36 PM
thank you again for all of the help. if i have any questions then i will email the guy you said and ask him.
Posted By: The Davis Re: what is the best CAI - 09/06/02 04:39 PM
Originally posted by airforce1:
thank you again for all of the help. if i have any questions then i will email the guy you said and ask him.

No problem. I'd volunteer more, but I never know exactly how much I can say about it and how much I can't
© CEG Archives