Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: TourDeForce Headers anybody?? - 12/29/05 01:50 PM
Zetec headers have been difficult to come by for any kind of quality at a good price. Well, I just picked up a set of WR headers on Ebay for $252.50 & $17 shipping.

All you gotta do is e-mail him & ask for the Cougar headers and offer him $250 or so (I think his shipping costs went up so the price might be up $20 or so). He should have 3 sets left if you're interested. Otherwise, the lowest price on some proper headers is about $385.

Here's a link: Ebay store

I'll give you a report on the ease of install in the next week or two. I know there will be concerns about that. Anybody else have experience with WR headers for the Zetec?

By the way, I'll post pix tonight.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Headers - pix - 12/29/05 11:48 PM
Reason I'm doing this: CAT in the Zetec is biting the dust. Given a choice between stock replacement or headers for $250.... Yeah, you got it.

Here's the set: O2 bungs, flex pipe, nuts, bolts, washers, and a pair of flange gaskets. You'll have to re-use or replace the header gasket. Over 100K on the car, I'll be replacing.

Welds look pretty clean. Interior work is nice, but can be touched up a bit. I'm gonna leave them as is.

Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Headers - pix - 12/30/05 02:05 AM
Not bad. Just curious about fitment. Once you find out, I may (90% chance) get one, if they have one left.
Posted By: Tisby Re: Headers anybody?? - 12/30/05 02:13 AM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
I'll give you a report on the ease of install in the next week or two. I know there will be concerns about that.

How's it looking as far where the EGR is going? IIRC (which I prolly don't) that was an issue for some people putting headers on their zetec...
Posted By: R_G Re: Headers - pix - 12/30/05 04:21 AM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Not bad. Just curious about fitment. Once you find out, I may (90% chance) get one, if they have one left.

Me too
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Headers anybody?? - 12/30/05 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Tisby:
I'll give you a report on the ease of install in the next week or two. I know there will be concerns about that.

How's it looking as far where the EGR is going? IIRC ... that was an issue ... putting headers on their zetec...

I know it was an issue for the V-6 cars, but I thought the Zetec with VCT did not have a traditional EGR system. Well anyway, all these questions & issues will soon be worked out & posted. They're gettin' installed, that is certain.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Headers anybody?? - 12/31/05 12:09 AM
o2 sensor bung is in the right spot on the mani.....need more pics of the downpipe.
Posted By: Tisby Re: Headers anybody?? - 01/18/06 05:00 PM
Any updates?
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Headers anybody?? - 01/18/06 05:32 PM
Not yet. Had to make a weekend trip to Orlando. Should get bolted up this weekend... Along with some suspension upgrades for my Mystique - which are a priority.

That reminds me. One bloke asked for pictures. Gotta send those along...

<==(* Makes note to self *)
Posted By: ButtonPuncher_dup1 Re: Headers anybody?? - 01/19/06 03:12 AM
Have any other sources? It says that the store has been closed.

BTW, is this ceramic coated steel?

BP
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Headers anybody?? - 01/19/06 05:18 PM
Stainless. Check pix below.

Just keep lookin' on Ebay. Another set will come up. Install should happen Sunday.
Posted By: Tisby Re: Headers anybody?? - 01/31/06 03:41 AM
Install should happen Sunday.

And...?
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Headers anybody?? - 01/31/06 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Tisby:
Install should happen Sunday.

And...?

Install went just fine. Fit was good. The downsteam O2 has very tight clearance from the subframe, but if you push the lower tube toward the center of the car as you tighten things up you get better clearance. Articulation of the engine moves the pipe vertically anyway so clearance shouldn't be a huge concern for that O2.

The sound is not quite what I expected with the stock exhaust. It's a bit blatty & ricer-boy sounding. Gotta tone that down definately, but it demonstrates that I've got some exhaust velocity going now.

Initially, the cat looked OK, but on closer inspection I discovered that the catlyst material was getting clogged with carbon and/or other deposits. Hopefully, this will solve more than one problem for me.
Posted By: ohsigmachi_dup1 Re: Headers anybody?? - 02/01/06 01:43 AM
sounds like a magnaflow center res is in your future, the longer the resonator the more mellow it will sound.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Headers anybody?? - 02/01/06 02:03 AM
Originally posted by ohsigmachi:
sounds like a magnaflow center res is in your future, the longer the resonator the more mellow it will sound.

Yep, that will be phase 2 of the quiet down. Phase 1 will be installing a cat. Sorry, it's the daughters car so I've gotta keep it totally legal.
Posted By: chriseichman Re: Headers anybody?? - 02/02/06 02:27 AM
What are WR headers, is that a brand or does that refer to a specific car??? Just curious?
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Headers anybody?? - 02/02/06 05:49 PM
Originally posted by chriseichman:
What are WR headers, is that a brand or does that refer to a specific car??? Just curious?

WR = Weapon R

Frankly, the headers are just about the only thing from WR that I have observed to be of adequate quality.
© CEG Archives