Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: blakjak hmm.. - 12/21/05 01:14 AM
just looking for suggestions, but what's next on the cheap mods list. things i have done:

-intake (incl. removal of resonators)
-exhaust
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: hmm.. - 12/21/05 01:56 AM
Aestetic stuff. Paint the interior, calipers, etc. Changes the whole attitude of the car.
Posted By: blakjak Re: hmm.. - 12/21/05 02:09 AM
i kinda like the grey though. the calipers def. need it. if i were to paint the interior, what color should i go. i'm getting my car painted soon, so i figured i should get something that matches what i'm getting it done. i'm going black and dually white stripes. you may say to yourself, ew, on a gl? well, the ol' gl is a little sportier these days. got a nice 3 tier spoiler, will be getting the se skirts extremely soon, and gonna throw on the old strut spring combo to get it riding nice. also relocating the antenna with a roof one. MUAH HA HA....sorry..got carried away..prolly all simple goofy stuff to some, but it gets me all happy cause i can finally afford to do it.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: hmm.. - 12/21/05 03:08 AM
You could bore and smooth your TB out some. Weight removal. Yellow stickers.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: hmm.. - 12/21/05 04:23 AM
If you consider what you've done so far as cheap to moderate mods, then try some headers??

Cheaper? How 'bout some ST200 wheels. Can be had on Ebay for well under $200 - the full set!!

Cheaper? BAT 21mm bar.

Cheaper? How are your LCAs? If shot & you got the 2 bolt, under $120 for a pair - new ball joints included.

Cheaper? Fresh end links, front & rear.

Cheaper? Uerothane bushings

Cheaper? Bone yard fog lights if you ain't got 'em yet, with the fog light mod, of course.

How are your springs & struts? The GL could CERTAINLY benefit from some firmer springs & sporty struts. PM me & maybe we can work something out.
Posted By: R_G Re: hmm.. - 12/21/05 05:30 AM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

Cheaper? How are your LCAs? If shot & you got the 2 bolt...

He got 1996 Contour GL - 4 bolt LCAs
Posted By: mystiquevltwin Re: hmm.. - 12/21/05 05:32 AM
Cheaper? How 'bout some ST200 wheels. Can be had on Ebay for well under $200 - the full set!!

Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: hmm.. - 12/21/05 05:45 AM
Originally posted by mystiquevltwin:

Posted By: blakjak Re: hmm.. - 12/21/05 01:55 PM
seems like i'm getting some good ideas here.
Posted By: Stazi Re: hmm.. - 12/21/05 04:18 PM
Originally posted by the other davis:
seems like i'm getting some good ideas here.

Here's another - ditch the HIDEOUS 3-tier spoiler.
Posted By: blakjak Re: hmm.. - 12/21/05 04:33 PM
actually i am probably gonna do that. i can get an unpainted two tier for $200 brand new from my work.
Posted By: Stazi Re: hmm.. - 12/21/05 04:34 PM
DUDE - you're missing the point! The "tiered" Fast and the Furious style wings have NO place on a Contour - they ALL look ridiculous!
Posted By: blakjak Re: hmm.. - 12/21/05 04:48 PM
oh no..that's not what i'm talking about. i'm talking about a spoiler, not a ridiculous wing..sorry bout that.
Posted By: Stazi Re: hmm.. - 12/21/05 07:45 PM
Pics?
Posted By: ButtonPuncher_dup1 Re: hmm.. - 12/21/05 08:41 PM
UDP and chip.

They really help the Zetec in the pep department.

BP
Posted By: blakjak Re: hmm.. - 12/21/05 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:
Pics?

i'll have to snap some when i get home, but beware, it is red on a green car.
Posted By: ButtonPuncher_dup1 Re: hmm.. - 12/21/05 08:47 PM
Just in time for Christmas!
Posted By: blakjak Re: hmm.. - 12/21/05 10:47 PM
meah...i doubt it, my parents are CHEAP!! and so is everyone else that gets me gifts
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: hmm.. - 12/22/05 03:00 AM
his point was..lose the spoiler/wing all together..if you want a spoiler,get a pre98 se trunlid with the "lip" spoiler..wings,ironing boards,satelitte antennas have no place on a four door sedan....and they dont look much better on two door cars either..stick with stock or none...or how about a nissan sentra spoiler,someone on here used one,actually looked pretty good...
Posted By: ButtonPuncher_dup1 Re: hmm.. - 12/22/05 02:21 PM
Originally posted by tour96se:
t-red pre98 se trunk lid w/lip spoiler

Hmmmm... I wonder where he could find one.

Posted By: blakjak Re: hmm.. - 12/23/05 01:13 AM
and again i have to clarify. not a "wing", "sattelite dish", "ironing board", or otherwise. looks like a stock contour "sport" spoiler...geez you guys stink. hmm...lip spoiler might look alright though....
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: hmm.. - 12/24/05 02:58 AM
Originally posted by ButtonPuncher:
Originally posted by tour96se:
t-red pre98 se trunk lid w/lip spoiler

Hmmmm... I wonder where he could find one.

...i wasnt implying anything..seriously
© CEG Archives