Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I want to do a Dual exhaust on my tour in the near future... Does anybody have any pics of how the 2nd exhaust hanger went onto their Non-Dual exhaust (basically Non-SVT) contours?
click me
You mean quasi-dual.

It's just for looks.
Posted By: Frosty Re: Those of you who added a Dual Exhaust... - 09/18/05 05:34 AM
The hanger i got was kinda rusty and not worth putting on, so i had the exhaust shop weld a new hanger in. Looks awesome. Sorry i don't have pics.
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
You mean quasi-dual.

It's just for looks.

why you gotta rain on his parade
Originally posted by dubkatz:
You mean quasi-dual.

It's just for looks.

lol, I know its not a true dual setup... obvesiouly, I would LOVE to see someone pull off a true dual on a Zetec Aside from the fact that its pretty much impossible. No, I just wanted to know exactly where the hanger went since I plan on doing a dual exhaust in the coming months... Possibly as a birthday present from my dad.
Originally posted by MAYBE aliasfriend:
Originally posted by dubkatz:
You mean quasi-dual.

It's just for looks.

lol, I know its not a true dual setup... obvesiouly, I would LOVE to see someone pull off a true dual on a Zetec Aside from the fact that its pretty much impossible. No, I just wanted to know exactly where the hanger went since I plan on doing a dual exhaust in the coming months... Possibly as a birthday present from my dad.

Get yourself a custom dual exhaust header... 2 cylinders in 1 pipe. Will make it sound like a old VW or Subaru, but hey it's true duals.

Got that idea from my old Accord 2.2L. It was the EX model with a dual exhaust manifold... I broke the flex pipe off once and it sounded like a VW bug with no exhaust. I've heard that true duals on a I-4 would make it run like crap.
Originally posted by MAYBE aliasfriend:
I want to do a Dual exhaust on my tour in the near future... Does anybody have any pics of how the 2nd exhaust hanger went onto their Non-Dual exhaust (basically Non-SVT) contours?

If you follow THE INSTRUCTIONS from the main CEG site , it's REALLY easy . Plus , it looks good & makes the exhaust hang just right . I've done it on several 'Tours & it works really brill .

Noone ever looks at the main site anymore !
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: Those of you who added a Dual Exhaust... - 09/19/05 05:27 PM
You mean quasi-dual.

It's just for looks.

He should do true quad exhaust, that would be awesome
You mean quasi-dual.

It's just for looks.

I dunno if its just me, but I thought putting on a catback gave around 8hp increase?
Originally posted by ZeroHour:
You mean quasi-dual.

It's just for looks.

I dunno if its just me, but I thought putting on a catback gave around 8hp increase?

Adding a "second pipe and muffler" to a single exhaust system (i.e. quasi-dual) is just for looks.
The second pipe and muffler do nothing but add weight and looks. (i.e. balanced rear view in the SVT's case)
Well I have to trust Demon.
You mean quasi-dual.

It's just for looks.

Adding a "second pipe and muffler" to a single exhaust system (i.e. quasi-dual) is just for looks.
The second pipe and muffler do nothing but add weight and looks. (i.e. balanced rear view in the SVT's case)

well I am not 100% sure but I saw a power increase when I put SVT exhaust on my car, that along with the airbox and optimized y-pipe (where most of the power came from) was maybe 8hp together. I can 140 Hp on a mustang dyno with the airbox and the FSVT 17's. second time I got 154 standard correction on a dynojet after adding the optimized y-pipe, SVT main cata nd SVT exhaust and a drop in K&N

its got to help some, but most likely not a whole lot
Posted By: elraido Re: Those of you who added a Dual Exhaust... - 09/20/05 01:46 PM
After I put the SVT exhaust on my car it pulls a little harder up top.
You mean quasi-dual.

It's just for looks.

True, but replacing that horrid resonator with a proper straight through design will help a little on the top end, as will a modded Y. Along with a good intake system upgrade, you'll get the punch of a few extra HP.

I've put an SVT exhaust on 2 V-6 Contiques now, & replaced the res with a Magnaflow 5x8 on both of them. More free revving up top for sure. HP increase? - likely yes, but not measured. I do mine for the sound & the looks...
Every one is missing the point.

You will get the same gains (if not "technically" a hair better) from a well made single exhaust compared to a well made quasi dual exhaust. (i.e mandrel bent & straight through mufflers) Plus it will weigh less.

That's not an assumption, not a guess, but simple fact.

Comparing an SVT exhaust to stock is not comparing two a like exhaust systems. The SVT uses bigger single piping then stock for starters. Also since you are using stock POS baffled mufflers then half the airflow through 2 is probably a touch better than all of it through 1. That's because of how terribly restrictive baffled mufflers are and Not because adding a second pipe adds power.
Posted By: weasel Re: Those of you who added a Dual Exhaust... - 09/20/05 06:42 PM
Originally posted by brapple:

well I am not 100% sure but I saw a power increase when I put SVT exhaust on my car, that along with the airbox and optimized y-pipe (where most of the power came from) was maybe 8hp together. I can 140 Hp on a mustang dyno with the airbox and the FSVT 17's. second time I got 154 standard correction on a dynojet after adding the optimized y-pipe, SVT main cata nd SVT exhaust and a drop in K&N

its got to help some, but most likely not a whole lot

Unless you go back to the same dyno, that comparison is worthless.
Maybe he is doing it jsut for looks, who cares!
It will sound/look good. Just do it.
Originally posted by LocoSCZ:

Posted By: Frosty Re: Those of you who added a Dual Exhaust... - 09/21/05 04:07 AM
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:
Originally posted by LocoSCZ:

© CEG Archives