Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Charless99Contour Dual exhaust. - 09/05/05 02:04 AM
Hey,

New to the contour world. Is there a company that makes a kit for dual exhaust for contours? I want to buy the SVT rear bumper and get some duals coming out of the bumper.
Posted By: Rishodi Re: Dual exhaust. - 09/05/05 02:07 AM
I don't think there is any company that sells a true dual exhaust kit for the Contour. However, you can always buy the piping, mufflers, and resonators (optional of course) yourself and weld together a system, or take it to a reputable muffler shop and have them do it for you, which is what I plan to do next summer. And I say "reputable" shop because a lot of muffler shops will do a second-rate job if you aren't careful.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Dual exhaust. - 09/05/05 02:44 AM
www.trubendz.com
Posted By: DopePope Re: Dual exhaust. - 09/05/05 02:56 AM
search in duratech peformance, you will find countless upon countless threads discussion exhaust systems. you can simply buy a used SVT exhaust if you want, trubendz has been mentioned, bosal, borla the list goes on.
Posted By: Rishodi Re: Dual exhaust. - 09/05/05 03:00 AM
Which are you looking for, a true or a quasi-dual exhaust system?
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Dual exhaust. - 09/05/05 03:08 AM
Psssssttttt....check out his sig.

Depending on what you wanna spend, Trubendz is a great, great place for an exhaust. I personaly went with a used stock SVT exhaust and had the mufflers cut off and left the stock res in it's place. Don't mean to be boastful,,,but I've never heard an exhaust setup on a Zetec better than mine. I recieved a buttload of compliments wherever I went, eespecially when I told people it was a 4 banger

Some vids for your viewing pleasure...
Posted By: Rishodi Re: Dual exhaust. - 09/05/05 03:15 AM
D'oh! I feel like an idiot...
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Dual exhaust. - 09/05/05 03:37 AM
Nah, there are actually a few exhaust options for the Contour, Trubends being the best bang for the buck as far as the Duratecs go. As you can see in the vids, The SVT had a great growl and the butt dyno said I oicked up a horsey or two also...
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Dual exhaust. - 09/05/05 04:23 PM
Search, then figre out that the Bosal cat-back is the best one out there.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Dual exhaust. - 09/05/05 04:31 PM
strictly for the money?

I think not.. Trubendz is the best bang-for-the-buck exhaust (short of a GREAT deal on a used SVT exhaust)

Next tier up would be the Bosal/Borla argument, with one being WAY to expensive, but both being VERY VERY nice.

Ray
Posted By: GetBooby151�© Re: Dual exhaust. - 09/05/05 06:23 PM
Being one of the guys with true duals, go to a really respected shop if your going to go thru with this mod. Don't go to any ol' mullet head shop, cuz they'll weld you up a piece of sh!t exhaust that will be useless.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Dual exhaust. - 09/05/05 06:27 PM
Zetec = NO TRUE DUALS

Posted By: GetBooby151�© Re: Dual exhaust. - 09/05/05 06:28 PM
hahah then why the hell isn't this in the zetec performance?
Posted By: Rishodi Re: Dual exhaust. - 09/05/05 08:06 PM
Originally posted by GetLucky151:
hahah then why the hell isn't this in the zetec performance?

I was thinking the same thing after making the same mistake that you did in assuming he had the V6... and thus suggesting true duals
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Dual exhaust. - 09/12/05 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Bk4293L:
Zetec = NO TRUE DUALS

Y knot Stebe
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Dual exhaust. - 09/12/05 03:50 PM
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:
Zetec = NO TRUE DUALS

Y knot Stebe

Only one exhaust manifold Kebbin.
I gess you could do it with a very special header, but then again I don't believe it's a direct bolt on for the short bus you rode in on...

I WUBB JU KEBBIN!!!!!
Wheres da wife???
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Dual exhaust. - 09/12/05 04:21 PM
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:
Zetec = NO TRUE DUALS

Y knot Stebe

Only one exhaust manifold Kebbin.
I gess you could do it with a very special header, but then again I don't believe it's a direct bolt on for the short bus you rode in on...

I WUBB JU KEBBIN!!!!!
Wheres da wife???

In Da Seven Seven Twee
Posted By: elraido Re: Dual exhaust. - 09/12/05 05:41 PM
Ray, what would you consider a GREAT deal on a SVT exhaust? I gots mine for $50.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Dual exhaust. - 09/12/05 07:09 PM
Thats a great deal. i think I paid $125.00 for mine shipped. Kevin got his pretty cheap... Like free from me when the Zetec went bye bye
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Dual exhaust. - 09/12/05 09:37 PM
Thats a great deal. i think I paid $125.00 for mine shipped. Kevin got his pretty cheap... Like free from me when the Zetec went bye bye

God do i love free after Rebate....
Posted By: ButtonPuncher_dup1 Re: Dual exhaust. - 09/14/05 05:21 AM
My quasi-dual Brullen setup ran me $579.

I do love it though.
Posted By: TBoomer Re: Dual exhaust. - 09/17/05 11:05 AM
Originally posted by elraido:
Ray, what would you consider a GREAT deal on a SVT exhaust? I gots mine for $50.

$20 here
© CEG Archives