Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
it's always been too hot or i've been too lazy to do it, but i was bored today and it was quite cool out.

Things started out like this...

and after about 30 minutes of figuring stuff out...
These came out..

so uh, did i take out the right thing?

oh yeah, my muffler sounds louder..is that normal or is it just me imaginging things?
Ya dun good.
I thought the intake resonator was that black plastic rectangular box on the throttle body, unless I'm wrong or yours if different.
There are many many resonators/silencers on our cars.
Posted By: DESIGN Re: Finally removed my intake resonator thing - 08/16/05 01:41 AM
Dude you inspired me! I decided to yank mine today after viewing this thread. I went as far as to take some flexible exhaust tubing from the auto parts store and build a "ram air" type set up to direct cold air to my intake. thanks for the motivation.
i tried today but i cant get the stupid thing out... the nut that you can reach from engine bay beside the intake filter box. anyhelp?!
I remember I had trouble with that one. I just ripped the plastic off.
That jack is funky looking. Is that what all 98+ jacks look like?

BTW, congrats on getting rid of that resonator crap.

BP
Posted By: DESIGN Re: Finally removed my intake resonator thing - 08/16/05 12:09 PM
I had to take the bolt out that holds then fuse box in place. Then I had to hold it up while taking a Torx 30 driver and loosen it. I squirted it with PB blaster first but I still had to take my vice grips and attach them to the driver for leverage. The best angle to do this is from the front of the car. It was difficult.
i reached under there and pulled a little and a little "bottle" lookin thing poped off it... lol

i might just dremmel the tab off and then go to town

took a hammer and a chizzle to chip the tabs for the silencer bolts off heh...

i had to take the whole wheel off b/c the silencer is so durn big...!

ahh it took about 45 mins

scarry

thanks for the motivation
Let the Photochopping begin!

Either that or add your own caption...

CEG warrior prepares to battle ricers.

BP
lol

i dont think im prepaired... mods... elglo guages, gutted cat, no silencers, lots of love
I was inspired by this thread to go rip mine out too

I knew it was there but hadn't gotten around to doing it. I wasn't too hard, and it feels good to have gotten rid of such a pointless piece of junk.
Originally posted by alibies:

took a hammer and a chizzle to chip the tabs for the silencer bolts off heh...

i had to take the whole wheel off b/c the silencer is so durn big...!

ahh it took about 45 mins

scarry

thanks for the motivation

CLASSIC..thats all i can say...how old..errrr young are you?
....love that garage though..

my favorite place (im 19) i look young but am 6'2" im just crouched down ninja style in that picture...

my baby in her best form

this happened about a 1.5 years ago, by my brother backing into my car... it got fixed... then my father was driving it and hit a turkey so it looks like that again... -paint scratches

more...

pics are with my cell... too lazy to get my camera...
That garage rocks!!!!

BTW, I still can't stand how the stock EL guages look. Shameless plug.

BP
Originally posted by ButtonPuncher:

BTW, I still can't stand how the stock EL guages look. Shameless plug.

BP

I dont like EL gauges of any color.
When I drive at night, I turn the dash lights down almost all he way.

But blue is a better look than the green.
what was everyones power/noise gains? lol...tomorrows the day...ill be sowrd fightin with that piece of crap in no time
i used a hammer claw to pry the fat end out of the fender wall... its kinda just wedged in to a plug of sorts
Originally posted by mystiquevltwin:
what was everyones power/noise gains? lol...tomorrows the day...ill be sowrd fightin with that piece of crap in no time

No power or noise by pulling the crap out of the fender.
onlything i noticed is maybe a lil more rev responsive
when you took the big black resonator above the throttle what is the diameter of the circle because i want to take of the black resonator ugly thing but i need a pipe to connect to the rest of my custom air intake... autozone has a piece of pipe that might bend and fit but they sell it for 20 dollars... i could go to homedepot and buy some stronger pipeing for cheaper
just took mine out today as well. Kinda a PITA, to get it out but i got it off. I noticed a little more throttle response.
i guess u missed the question... what is the diameter of the tb circle and or radius..... so i can buy the custom pipe and complete my custom intake... i already have one resonator off the one closes to the maf..
© CEG Archives