Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: MeanGreen2 AirHog avoids the trash ? [K&N didn't] - 07/02/04 02:27 PM

I'll soon find out...my AirHog is finally being shipped to me, today.
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: AirHog avoids the trash ? [K&N didn't] - 07/02/04 03:02 PM
You've already been been advertising for Fram, on its Air Hog, in your signature... BUT it turns out you're just about to finally get it in hand and installed soon? Huh?

I'm confused.
Originally posted by PDXSVT:
You've already been been advertising for Fram, on its Air Hog, in your signature... BUT it turns out you're just about to finally get it in hand and installed soon? Huh?

I'm confused.

The "on order" that's always been in my signature [well, a month or two, at least] confused you the most?
hee hee
Originally posted by Speed Demons:
hee hee

Posted By: PDXSVT Re: AirHog avoids the trash ? [K&N didn't] - 07/02/04 03:28 PM
Now that you mention it, the "on order" kinda contradicts the bold face implied endorsement. Sure I'm old and judgmental, but isn't that like having a sticker on your car for a product you don't have on your car?

Is the image projection more important than the reality?

These kids today! I must be getting too old.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: AirHog avoids the trash ? [K&N didn't] - 07/02/04 03:57 PM
Now that you mention it, the "on order" kinda contradicts the bold face implied endorsement. Sure I'm old and judgmental, but isn't that like having a sticker on your car for a product you don't have on your car?

bwahahahahaha air hog what a joke
I'm curious to know what about the K&N made you throw it in the trash?
Posted By: Pole120 Re: AirHog avoids the trash ? [K&N didn't] - 07/02/04 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:

Now that you mention it, the "on order" kinda contradicts the bold face implied endorsement.

"Fram AirHog - on order"

No it doesn't, it means exactly what is written...you're the one that admitted to being confused, but I corrected that for you, I hope.

Sure I'm old and judgmental, but isn't that like having a sticker on your car for a product you don't have on your car?

No, when I say that I ordered it, I ordered it. Like when ordering anything, it's yours, you just haven't received it yet, even tho' you've already bought and paid for whatever it is.

Originally posted by hetfield:

The same reason for why I threw away my Sho-Shop Y-Pipe, my Bassani Cat-Back, sent the Borla Cat-Back back, tossed noisy tires that still had 50% of their tread left, etc...just wasn't happy with it; the thin foam gasket/padding stuff was installed sloppy, so I just didn't quite trust its poor execution.

My exact thoughts about Bassani...and K&N...and...

To Each His Own

I cannot change the way I am,
I never really try,
God made me different and unique,
I never ask him why.

If I appear peculiar,
There's nothing I can do,
You must accept me as I am,
As I've accepted you.

God made a casting of each life,
Then threw the old away,
Each child is different from the rest,
Unlike as night from day.

So often we will criticize,
The things that others do,
But, do you know, they do not think,
The same as me and you.

So God in all his wisdom,
Who knows us all by name,
He didn't want us to be bored,
That's why we're not the same.

Author Unknown
Hey Dude, I've always been nice to you. Since you're gonna throw away the K&N, can I have it???

I scrapped a near new set of Michelin tires when I got my Contour. Those tires really sucked. So our thinking is typically similar, although I'm not as, um.... enthusiastic about my selectiveness when it comes to some non-critical equipment.

Wadda-ya say??
Reminds me of Kiplings "IF"

Both are very nice verse.
So, you threw away a $1000?
Originally posted by MeanGreen2:

The same reason for why I threw away my Sho-Shop Y-Pipe, my Bassani Cat-Back, sent the Borla Cat-Back back, tossed noisy tires that still had 50% of their tread left, etc...just wasn't happy with it; the thin foam gasket/padding stuff was installed sloppy, so I just didn't quite trust its poor execution.

Originally posted by RTStabler51:
So, you threw away a ...

(* sigh *) Here we go again.

The guy is very particular about his car. Let it go...
Particular? If he literally threw it away, then thats not particular. Thats plan stupidity....but I'll leave it alone :-)
Actually. He has a very DEFINATE vision of what his car should be like. I, for one, would like to see it when he is finally done & happy with the results.
Now that you mention it, the "on order" kinda contradicts the bold face implied endorsement.

"Fram AirHog - on order"

No it doesn't, it means exactly what is written...you're the one that admitted to being confused, but I corrected that for you, I hope.

Sure I'm old and judgmental, but isn't that like having a sticker on your car for a product you don't have on your car?

No, when I say that I ordered it, I ordered it. Like when ordering anything, it's yours, you just haven't received it yet, even tho' you've already bought and paid for whatever it is.

I believe they are referring to this part of your signature bone head...

High Performance FRAMĀ® AirHogā?¢
"Add some Hog Power to your horsepower"

Originally posted by scottd60:

"Fram AirHog - on order"

I believe they are referring to this part of your signature bone head...

High Performance FRAMĀ® AirHogā?¢
"Add some Hog Power to your horsepower"

If they choose to pass up the "Fram AirHog - on order" on their way to the bottom...their problem, not mine.
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Hey Dude, I've always been nice to you. Since you're gonna throw away the K&N, can I have it???

I scrapped a near new set of Michelin tires when I got my Contour. Those tires really sucked. So our thinking is typically similar, although I'm not as, um.... enthusiastic about my selectiveness when it comes to some non-critical equipment.

Wadda-ya say??

Sorry, can't do that; don't have the filter...you see, I tossed it right in the dumpster, long ago.

2 points!!!
Actually. He has a very DEFINATE vision of what his car should be like. I, for one, would like to see it when he is finally done & happy with the results.

I question whether or not he really even has one...empty profile, no pic's, no location, nothing just a lot of talk and a lot of proven quality parts supposedly thrown in the trash I would believe it only if I saw it in person and he could prove it was his car. Now he could be a spoiled little brat that has more money then brains but if that was the case I'd think he would choose a different car. Or maybe he is somebody that got banned a while back and is just here to stir up things making these ridiculous claims and comments. Funny how he promotes everything that gets listed as no-good or useless for our cars and trashes everything that has been proven to be superior for our cars
So, you threw away a $1000?

I forgot about the Superchip that got s-canned.

I question whether or not he really even has one...empty profile, no pic's, no location, nothing just a lot of talk and a lot of proven quality parts supposedly thrown in the trash I would believe it only if I saw it in person and he could prove it was his car. Now he could be a spoiled little brat that has more money then brains but if that was the case I'd think he would choose a different car. Or maybe he is somebody that got banned a while back and is just here to stir up things making these ridiculous claims and comments. Funny how he promotes everything that gets listed as no-good or useless for our cars and trashes everything that has been proven to be superior for our cars

You're the one that cries even more than SVTpete does...yes?

... just a lot of talk and a lot of proven quality parts supposedly thrown in the trash I would believe it only if I saw it in person and he could prove it was his car. ... and is just here to stir up things making these ridiculous claims and comments. Funny how he promotes everything that gets listed as no-good or useless for our cars and trashes everything that has been proven to be superior for our cars

Exhaust sound is kinda a subjective issue, and sometimes the systems that get sent out don't quite fit. That is what he's usually picky about. Like with the K&N. He never said it didn't perform well, he simply wasn't happy with the level of construction quality. For ten times the price of a stupid STP panel filter, he expects near perfect construction - I can't fault him for that.

Wadda-ya say??

Sorry, can't do that; don't have the filter...you see, I tossed it right in the dumpster, long ago.

2 points!!!

Ya, I know. I remember the post. I was just harking back to the days when guys were lining up to go through your trash!!

No tears for you here pal...just laughs at your stupidity

I'll use Pete's line "go play in the traffic kid"
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: AirHog avoids the trash ? [K&N didn't] - 07/02/04 05:57 PM
I wasn't confused about what "On Order" means. Somehow I scammed my way into getting three college degrees, raising two kids and passing a couple of bar exams. (The Washington one was fun 'cause it was 100% essay. Try it for yuks.) So I can read a little bit. Maybe.

I guess what I'm really confused about, and what your reply didn't clear up for me, was why YOU would WANT to advertise that YOU believed in Fram's product so much that you would advertise it for Fram, when you had yet to even use it. It's like advertising that you're gullible. OK, you're proud of your purchase, fine, but you're trying TOO hard. Like covering your daily driver with race parts stickers to impress people.

I'm not crunching you for your passion per se or your particularity about your car, but more for your over-eagerness that seems to contradict your rationality and thus undermines the credibility of your endorsement. You've set yourself up to look foolish. I don't know you, so I'm confused why you'd do THAT.

First the ad in your sig, and now to do a separate posting, dedicated exclusively to further announcing that you had fully bought Fram's advertising, for those of us that had not been paying attention otherwise? I hope you're happy with your purchase and that it works well, but good luck with dealing with advertising claims in the future.

Care to buy some 2004 World Series tickets? Tampa Bay vs. the Pittsburgh Pirates. They've both been hot lately, so here's your chance to beat the scalpers' prices, at only $200 a seat if you buy 4 today! You can be the first on that block too. And don't forget the 20 HP gain items on eBay.

Now do you follow me better? I didn't want to have to make it so obvious. But then again, I guess it was obviousness you wanted doing your posting in the first place.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: AirHog avoids the trash ? [K&N didn't] - 07/02/04 06:07 PM
Airhog=crap.......

well I'll let you know when it comes in...it's on order
NOT!!!!!! Give me a break it's made by Fram. The same company that makes those great oil filters "It's just a filter!!!" Ugh give it up dude

No tears for you here pal...just laughs at your stupidity

I'll use Pete's line "go play in the traffic kid"

Here's a tissue for you.
Originally posted by Thinkmoto :
Airhog=crap.......

well I'll let you know when it comes in...it's on order
NOT!!!!!! Give me a break it's made by Fram. The same company that makes those great oil filters "It's just a filter!!!" Ugh give it up dude

Don't let it shake you up...please?
... just a lot of talk and a lot of proven quality parts supposedly thrown in the trash I would believe it only if I saw it in person and he could prove it was his car. ... and is just here to stir up things making these ridiculous claims and comments. Funny how he promotes everything that gets listed as no-good or useless for our cars and trashes everything that has been proven to be superior for our cars

Exhaust sound is kinda a subjective issue, and sometimes the systems that get sent out don't quite fit. That is what he's usually picky about. Like with the K&N. He never said it didn't perform well, he simply wasn't happy with the level of construction quality. For ten times the price of a stupid STP panel filter, he expects near perfect construction - I can't fault him for that.

Correct...Borla was nowhere to being even the slightest bit close and Bassani's rusty junk inserts were an eyesore and they rattled.

I don't keep inferior parts.

Bosal is still on my car.
So, you threw away a ...

(* sigh *) Here we go again.

The guy is very particular about his car. Let it go...

Correct.

Keywords: his car
Particular? If he literally threw it away, then thats not particular. Thats plan stupidity....but I'll leave it alone :-)

It felt so great, tossing those inferior parts in the dumpster.

Right now, I just want it to look better than stock and sound/run a little better than stock...probably install a B&M shifter, soon...but in a year or so, not exactly sure...hope to modify it into a Lotus Elise...or a S2000, at least.
dude, you just had 6 posts in a row.
Posted By: GTO Pete MeanGreen2 = clown - 07/02/04 07:25 PM
Anyone personally know this clown? Sounds like a troll to me.

How about we meet up someplace to actually see that you even own a Contour.

Otherwise, go play somewhere else kid.

I wasn't confused about what "On Order" means.

"I'm confused." --PDXSVT, confused

Somehow I scammed my way into getting three college degrees, raising two kids and passing a couple of bar exams. (The Washington one was fun 'cause it was 100% essay. Try it for yuks.) So I can read a little bit. Maybe.

I guess what I'm really confused about, and what your reply didn't clear up for me, was why YOU would WANT to advertise that YOU believed in Fram's product so much that you would advertise it for Fram, when you had yet to even use it.

[looking around] Because I believed in Fram as much as others believed in the parts that they paid for?

It's like advertising that you're gullible. OK, you're proud of your purchase, fine, but you're trying TOO hard. Like covering your daily driver with race parts stickers to impress people.

No race stickers on my car, or under the hood...can't be said of many others that post at this NG, with bigger sigs than mine and hyperlinks...guess they're just trying TOO hard, as you say.

I'm not crunching you for your passion per se or your particularity about your car, but more for your over-eagerness that seems to contradict your rationality and thus undermines the credibility of your endorsement. You've set yourself up to look foolish. I don't know you, so I'm confused why you'd do THAT.

Pops, how many times have you used the word *confused* today? I can't seem to keep up with the actual amount.

First the ad in your sig, and now to do a separate posting, dedicated exclusively to further announcing that you had fully bought Fram's advertising, for those of us that had not been paying attention otherwise? I hope you're happy with your purchase and that it works well, but good luck with dealing with advertising claims in the future.

If they're as bad as K&N's filter, it'll get tossed in the exact same fashion; no regrets

Care to buy some 2004 World Series tickets? Tampa Bay vs. the Pittsburgh Pirates. They've both been hot lately, so here's your chance to beat the scalpers' prices, at only $200 a seat if you buy 4 today! You can be the first on that block too. And don't forget the 20 HP gain items on eBay.

I don't let it bother me, at all...but it seems to have rubbed you the wrong way...why?

You were mislead by advertising claims, at one point, and haven't quite gotten over it?

Let me guess...Viagra and Hair Plugs?

Now do you follow me better? I didn't want to have to make it so obvious. But then again, I guess it was obviousness you wanted doing your posting in the first place.

Do you feel better? Less confused than you were at the beginning of this thread?
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
dude, you just had 6 posts in a row.

Just replying to posts that were directed at me.
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: AirHog avoids the trash ? [K&N didn't] - 07/02/04 07:34 PM
Is this a democracy? Can we vote on banning idiots from the site?
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: AirHog avoids the trash ? [K&N didn't] - 07/02/04 07:35 PM
Originally posted by JonnySVT:

AYE!

Oh, are we not voting yet?
Posted By: GTO Pete Vote idiots off CEG? - 07/02/04 07:37 PM
Originally posted by rkneeshaw:

AYE!

To hell with it, let's vote!

AYE - 3
Nay - 0

Posted By: MeanGreen2 Re: MeanGreen2 = clown - 07/02/04 07:38 PM
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:
Anyone personally know this clown? Sounds like a troll to me.

How about we meet up someplace to actually see that you even own a Contour.

Otherwise, go play somewhere else kid.

Nice going, Moderator/name caller...keep chasing me around, flamming me, always...just because you can't handle me having problems with certain after-market parts. I'm not the first person to have problems with those parts [fact]...parts that I actually bought, new, first-hand...never buying used hand-me-downs...so, it's 1st-hand knowledge, not just grape-vined hearsay.

I can't count the times I've seen posters trashing x-haust systems, chips, filters, etc...in favor of other after-market x-haust systems, chips, filters, etc...

How about Moderators that *try* to perpetuate flames with name-calling and being extremely biased? Is that part of their job requirement?
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: MeanGreen2 = clown - 07/02/04 07:47 PM
...just because you can't handle me having problems with certain after-market parts.

I can handle it fine. It just gets old listening to you constantly brag about throwing away a Borla, a Bassani, a Superchip, a K&N, tires, SHO y-pipe, etc. You don't think a CEGer might have wanted that stuff? Maybe help them out? I guess your just that selfish and spiteful.

I'm not the first person to have problems with those parts [fact]...

I know that. Did I ever say that you were?

..parts that I actually bought, new, first-hand...never buying used hand-me-downs...so, it's 1st-hand knowledge, not just grape-vined hearsay.

Yea so? I know a lot of local CEGers with many different exhausts and their opinions about them. Several with Bassani - happy. 1 with Borla - very happy. 1 had Bosal - trash. 1 has Bosal - regrets it (trash). Their firsthand opinions mean less than your opinion?

I can't count the times I've seen posters trashing x-haust systems, chips, filters, etc...in favor of other after-market x-haust systems, chips, filters, etc...

Again, it's not that you are critical of them, you literally trashed them. That's just sad.

Let's see if you can have somewhat intelligent responses to my points.

Oh, and you never replied about meeting up to see if you even actually own a Contour.
Posted By: MeanGreen2 Re: Vote idiots off CEG? - 07/02/04 07:50 PM

AYE!

AYE - 3
Nay - 0

"Re: Vote idiots off CEG?" --Name-Caller/Moderator
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Vote idiots off CEG? - 07/02/04 07:51 PM

AYE!

AYE - 3
Nay - 0

AYE - 4
Nay - 0
Posted By: Apu Nahasapeemapetil Re: Vote idiots off CEG? - 07/02/04 07:54 PM
YAY!!! Just like survivor... ooh aah ha ha ooh aah ha ha.

AYE +1,000,000
NAY -(1,000,000)
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Vote idiots off CEG? - 07/02/04 07:55 PM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo:
YAY!!! Just like survivor... ooh aah ha ha ooh aah ha ha.

AYE +1,000,000
NAY -(1,000,000)

Suvivor CEG...Interesting.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Vote idiots off CEG? - 07/02/04 08:09 PM

AYE!

AYE - 3
Nay - 0

AYE - 4
Nay - 0

AYE-5
Nay-0

And I hate to break it to the CEG'ers, but this guy IS DEF A TROLL. No pictures, no numbers, NOTHING. I'm sure he owns a Del Sol or something with a big wing. . .I'm actually sure it's CBM (remember him?). . .at any rate, let's not grace his posts. . .
...just because you can't handle me having problems with certain after-market parts.

I can handle it fine. It just gets old listening to you constantly brag about throwing away a Borla, a Bassani, a Superchip, a K&N, tires, SHO y-pipe, etc. You don't think a CEGer might have wanted that stuff? Maybe help them out? I guess your just that selfish and spiteful.

I don't ever get tired of your tears...and it's mine to do with what I wish. Some people *cough* even try to sell used battery trays...or a used headlamp, I guess...whatever.

I did try to sell my factory x-haust...but at $400.00+ shipping charges...F-it.

I'm not the first person to have problems with those parts [fact]...

I know that. Did I ever say that you were?

For that very reason, was I the very first person you quoted in your sig? Or have you used that same excuse to quote the text of others in your sig, over the years?

..parts that I actually bought, new, first-hand...never buying used hand-me-downs...so, it's 1st-hand knowledge, not just grape-vined hearsay.

Yea so? I know a lot of local CEGers with many different exhausts and their opinions about them. Several with Bassani - happy. 1 with Borla - very happy. 1 had Bosal - trash. 1 has Bosal - regrets it (trash). Their firsthand opinions mean less than your opinion?

Honestly, yes, because I bought all three of those systems, brand new, for me and my car...I don't know that anybody else has bought all three, brand new. I have and I have made my choice: BOSAL

Again, it's not that you are critical of them, you literally trashed them. That's just sad.

My money...never yours or theirs.

Let's see if you can have somewhat intelligent responses to my points.

Moderator, let's see if you can respond to me, just once, w/o the name-calling. It makes you look bad, imo.

Oh, and you never replied about meeting up to see if you even actually own a Contour.

You want the exact number of my green SVT?

Is their some kind of SVT database for SVT owners? Wishful thinking, but I'll get that exact number for you, if you wish.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Vote idiots off CEG? - 07/02/04 08:11 PM
where does this monkey live anyways, someone meet up and verify pics. . .the way he's jerking everyone around, I'm 100% positive he's full of it and trolling around, just to show his civic buddies on some other forum how he OWN3D some ceg'ers. . .maybe I'm paranoid, but I can see it happening. . .

Suneil
Posted By: Speed Demons_dup1 Re: MeanGreen2 = clown - 07/02/04 08:12 PM
parts that I actually bought, new, first-hand...never buying used hand-me-downs...so, it's 1st-hand knowledge, not just grape-vined hearsay.

Can you explain how it is "1st-hand knowledge, not grapevined hearsay"
you are advertising here, if you've never received it?

(This thread is so lame)
Posted By: MeanGreen2 Re: Vote idiots off CEG? - 07/02/04 08:21 PM
Originally posted by ssmumich00:

AYE!

AYE - 3
Nay - 0

AYE - 4
Nay - 0

AYE-5
Nay-0

And I hate to break it to the CEG'ers, but this guy IS DEF A TROLL. No pictures, no numbers, NOTHING. I'm sure he owns a Del Sol or something with a big wing. . .I'm actually sure it's CBM (remember him?). . .at any rate, let's not grace his posts. . .

Does everybody have pictures? No?

You want the exact SVT number of my SVT, crybaby?

And don't ever make the mistake of confusing me with others that you and/or others may have fought with in the past...your paranoia not fair to the group.

Sorry that I had to get kind of rough, but your lies about me, my car and CBM were just a tad bit out of line, I feel.
Posted By: svt4b Re: MeanGreen2 = clown - 07/02/04 08:23 PM
yeah your GHEY!
Posted By: MeanGreen2 Re: MeanGreen2 = clown - 07/02/04 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Speed Demons:
parts that I actually bought, new, first-hand...never buying used hand-me-downs...so, it's 1st-hand knowledge, not just grape-vined hearsay.

Can you explain how it is "1st-hand knowledge, not grapevined hearsay"
you are advertising here, if you've never received it?

(This thread is so lame)

Everybody that has bought Bosal, Borla and Bassani for their Contour, brand new...raise their hands.

That, friend, is what I call "1st-hand knowledge, not grapevined hearsay"
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: MeanGreen2 = clown - 07/02/04 08:30 PM
Fact: I read your post this morning but left it alone.

Fact: You dragged my name into it when others started flaming you.

Moderator or not, I have a right to defend myself when called out. Were you not the one who first started calling people names?

Fact: There are Moderators who get away with much worse.

Why don't you meet up with one of the local guys and verify you own a Contour?

I parted out a 98 SVT and am "selling" the parts for very cheap. Some even for the price of shipping. Unlike your selfish self, I try to help other CEGers.

Every one of those "opinions" of CEGers and their exhausts were bought brand new. Yet your opinion means more?
Posted By: MeanGreen2 Re: Vote idiots off CEG? - 07/02/04 08:31 PM
where does this monkey live anyways, someone meet up and verify pics. . .the way he's jerking everyone around, I'm 100% positive he's full of it and trolling around, just to show his civic buddies on some other forum how he OWN3D some ceg'ers. . .maybe I'm paranoid, but I can see it happening. . .

Suneil

Just don't let it bother you; simple. Do you see me trashing the 3Ls, 13 seconders, super-mod cars, etc at this group? No. I don't let them get to me; no reason to. Everybody just needs to learn to be happier with what they have, and quit making simple mods and decisions be an excuse to flame fellow Contour owners.
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: MeanGreen2 = clown - 07/02/04 08:32 PM
Gentlemen...I now present to you MeanGreen2

Posted By: MeanGreen2 Re: MeanGreen2 = clown - 07/02/04 08:45 PM

Moderator or not, I have a right to defend myself when called out. Were you not the one who first started calling people names?

Something reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally bad, I'm sure...and you don't see me going around, stalking posters, calling them names...trying to start trouble, do you?

Not saying that anybody at this group does that, but I know I don't...and I didn't call you out, I just stated a fact when I said that you and about only one other person has had a real big problem with me, it seems, from nearly day one, for the choices that I have made to my car.

Fact: There are Moderators who get away with much worse.

Bully for you.

But I've seen no sign of any other moderators doing that.

Why don't you meet up with one of the local guys and verify you own a Contour?

Great. They can come by my place of work, anytime...take a little tour, drink a pop, etc...

Local guys, where do you live? I'll be the one that makes the choice...I'm not blurting out my address to just anybody, but the person that sees my car will know...just hope he doesn't go around blurting it out, afterwards.
Posted By: svt4b Re: MeanGreen2 = clown - 07/02/04 08:48 PM
scottd60 is now my hero.....and green boy is still GHEY
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: MeanGreen2 = clown - 07/02/04 08:51 PM

Something reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally bad, I'm sure...

That response makes no sense whatsoever.

Fact still stands - you dragged my name into it, I defended myself. Had you not called me out, I would have remained out of this thread.

What anyone chooses to do to their car is fine by me.

Calling products you don't promote "trash" and "crap" everytime someone asks about it? That's just .

Oh, and I'm "stalking" you? LMFAO! I get bored at work and I spend a lot of time on CEG. I'm sure you can arrange a local guy to meet up with you while you're working the drive thru window.

Is their some kind of SVT database for SVT owners? Wishful thinking, but I'll get that exact number for you, if you wish.

Call 1-800-FORD-SVT. Give them your VIN number and they will give you the date it was built and the build number. They'll even send you a certificate!
Posted By: MeanGreen2 Re: MeanGreen2 = clown - 07/02/04 09:14 PM

I parted out a 98 SVT and am "selling" the parts for very cheap. Some even for the price of shipping. Unlike your selfish self, I try to help other CEGers.

Every one of those "opinions" of CEGers and their exhausts were bought brand new. Yet your opinion means more?

Unless I'm wrong, your opinion has always been based on used x-hausts, so I disregard your opinion and keep mine...sorry.

And you're parting out the SVT, I'm keeping the SVT...so of course I'll be keeping my battery hold-down, my radiator cap, my valve stems, my cigarette lighter, my fuses, etc...I need them, but you don't need yours, so we're coming from different directions of thinking.

Like I said...F-it...I'm not paying $400.00 shipping cost on a used x-haust...and it never dawned on me to sell my rejections to others. My feeling is that I rejected them, wouldn't want to make money off of my rejects.
Posted By: MeanGreen2 Re: MeanGreen2 = clown - 07/02/04 09:17 PM
Gentlemen...I now present to you MeanGreen2

Their car, their money...I'm sure they're proud of what they drive...w/o making fun of what you drive.
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: MeanGreen2 = clown - 07/02/04 09:20 PM
Originally posted by svt4b:
scottd60 is now my hero.....and green boy is still GHEY

or....maybe it's not even Green yet, definitely "Mean" though

I'll take that tissue now for my tears of laughter

Originally posted by LUCA:

Call 1-800-FORD-SVT. Give them your VIN number and they will give you the date it was built and the build number. They'll even send you a certificate!

Thanks, but why would I need to do that? I already know the build number. That certificate, along w/ the original sticker, brochure, etc. is at home, on a shelf, in a closet.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: MeanGreen2 = clown - 07/02/04 09:31 PM

Unless I'm wrong, your opinion has always been based on used x-hausts, so I disregard your opinion and keep mine...sorry.

And you're parting out the SVT, I'm keeping the SVT...so of course I'll be keeping my battery hold-down, my radiator cap, my valve stems, my cigarette lighter, my fuses, etc...I need them, but you don't need yours, so we're coming from different directions of thinking.

Like I said...F-it...I'm not paying $400.00 shipping cost on a used x-haust...and it never dawned on me to sell my rejections to others. My feeling is that I rejected them, wouldn't want to make money off of my rejects.

The exhausts I am quoting are N-E-W.
I am not parting out my SVT. I parted out a 98 SVT.
Any parts I thought would help others I stashed in the basement. A guy broke his oil dipstick. I sold him one for basically the cost of shipping. I'm not selfish like yourself.

Go back to school and learn to read.

Oh, and I'm not the one who wants to modify my SVT into a Lotus or S2000.
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: MeanGreen2 = clown - 07/02/04 09:34 PM

BINGO

Come on...where's my tissue I can't stop crying
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: AirHog avoids the trash ? [K&N didn't] - 07/02/04 09:36 PM
Hello there, Sonny,

You no longer confuse me. It seems my concern over how you were setting yourself up to make a fool of yourself was not necessary. You're doing just fine at it by being yourself.

I'm pleased that you're concerned with my health, but as you should have been able to see from your greataunt's last Christmas card, newsletter and pictures, I have neither a receding hairline nor any need for hairplugs. You must have mixed me up with your cousin Merle on that one.

Meanwhile, about the Viagra, THANK GOD!! I don't have any of that stuff here, or your greataunt would not give me any rest. She's a real horndog. You'd think she would have slowed down after that change of life thing, but now that the kids are gone, I may have to take up golf just to have some quiet time to myself. Really, she's got a lot of nerve expecting more of me after the twice a day thing we've been doing. And that Venus in Leo of hers? Doing it in public, one of these times she'll get us caught with her screaming.

But enough on my love life. Let's talk about yours. How is your right hand doing?

Now you be a good boy and say hello to your mother for me.

Pops
Posted By: MeanGreen2 Re: MeanGreen2 = clown - 07/02/04 09:40 PM

Something reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally bad, I'm sure...

That response makes no sense whatsoever.

[evasion duly noted]

Fact still stands - you dragged my name into it, I defended myself. Had you not called me out, I would have remained out of this thread.

Had I not stated a fact when I announced that you and one other guy cries the loudest and the most, at this group, about my decisions, maybe you wouldn't have started calling me names again, but I doubt it.

What anyone chooses to do to their car is fine by me.

Your posting history shows otherwise.

Calling products you don't promote "trash" and "crap" everytime someone asks about it? That's just

My opinion, your excuse to call me names.

Oh, and I'm "stalking" you? LMFAO! I get bored at work and I spend a lot of time on CEG. I'm sure you can arrange a local guy to meet up with you while you're working the drive thru window.

You're the most worried and shook up...why don't you meet up with me...got a great big dumpster around back...feel free to crawl in it and take all you want from it, after you've looked at my SVT, of course.
Posted By: deftoned989 Re: MeanGreen2 = clown - 07/02/04 09:45 PM

Your arrogance is only rivaled by your lunacy. You cannot seriously sit there and say you threw away a $600 exhaust knowing full well you could have made maybe 50% of the cost back selling it to another CEGer and helping them out as well, god forbid. I don't know, maybe you have enough money lyin around that you can do idiotic things like that, but it seems you almost get off to it. You seem damn proud to announce the disposal of another expensive item. When I throw something out I don't make a post about it to tell the whole world about it, I JUST THROW IT OUT.

Maybe if you pull your head out of your ass you'd realize how [censored]-ish you're coming off as and maybe that's the reason no one likes you on here.

Unless you're a troll and I wasted 5 minutes of my life writing this, in that case go play freeze tag with oncoming traffic. Thx.

And yes, holding a personal grudge against a piece of metal is completely healthy and completely normal
Hello there, Sonny,

You no longer confuse me. It seems my concern over how you were setting yourself up to make a fool of yourself was not necessary. You're doing just fine at it by being yourself.

I'm pleased that you're concerned with my health, but as you should have been able to see from your greataunt's last Christmas card, newsletter and pictures, I have neither a receding hairline nor any need for hairplugs. You must have mixed me up with your cousin Merle on that one.

Meanwhile, about the Viagra, THANK GOD!! I don't have any of that stuff here, or your greataunt would not give me any rest. She's a real horndog. You'd think she would have slowed down after that change of life thing, but now that the kids are gone, I may have to take up golf just to have some quiet time to myself. Really, she's got a lot of nerve expecting more of me after the twice a day thing we've been doing. And that Venus in Leo of hers? Doing it in public, one of these times she'll get us caught with her screaming.

But enough on my love life. Let's talk about yours. How is your right hand doing?

Pops

LMAO!

His cousin Merle sent me this pic of ol' MeanGreen2 and his woman just before or after doing what he does best

Although I'm not sure who is the one using the lube It's no wonder he's so Mean...ouch!

Posted By: MeanGreen2 Re: MeanGreen2 = clown - 07/02/04 09:52 PM

The exhausts I am quoting are N-E-W.

Your new exhausts, that you bought...or you're quoting others?

I am not parting out my SVT. I parted out a 98 SVT.

You stole the 98?

Any parts I thought would help others I stashed in the basement. A guy broke his oil dipstick. I sold him one for basically the cost of shipping.

Who got the money? Not you. It's not your 98, remember?

I'm not selfish like yourself.

You part out cars, I don't.

Go back to school and learn to read.

Go laugh at a Burger King employee on your way home, Moderator.

Beyond your skills? Couldn't figure it out so I'll have to actually explain it to you?
Hello there, Sonny,

Pops

[Off-Topic flamewar attempt duly noted]
Posted By: MeanGreen2 Re: MeanGreen2 = clown - 07/02/04 10:09 PM
Originally posted by deftoned989:

Your arrogance is only rivaled by your lunacy. You cannot seriously sit there and say you threw away a $600

More like $660.00

exhaust knowing full well you could have made maybe 50% of the cost back selling it to another CEGer and helping them out as well, god forbid. I don't know, maybe you have enough money lyin around that you can do idiotic things like that, but it seems you almost get off to it. You seem damn proud to announce the disposal of another expensive item. When I throw something out I don't make a post about it to tell the whole world about it, I JUST THROW IT OUT.

I liked throwing them away, to be honest. I was getting even in a way. One of the sweetest sounds is the BOOM of Y-Pipes and Cat-Backs meeting their death in my dumpster.

$1,000.00, yay!

Maybe if you pull your head out of your ass you'd realize how [censored]-ish you're coming off as and maybe that's the reason no one likes you on here.

You're not my friend?

Unless you're a troll and I wasted 5 minutes of my life writing this, in that case go play freeze tag with oncoming traffic. Thx.

And yes, holding a personal grudge against a piece of metal is completely healthy and completely normal

I'm not mad. I laugh off what others cry about, when it comes to my car.
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: Vote idiots off CEG? - 07/02/04 11:19 PM

AYE: 6
NAY: 0
Posted By: EvlBill Re: MeanGreen2 = clown - 07/02/04 11:28 PM
Everybody that has bought Bosal, Borla and Bassani for their Contour, brand new...raise their hands.

I bought a Bosal and it sounded and looked like crap. Scott (scottd60) bought it off me after only a few months so he's had it too. And like Pete said, it's the whole "I don't like it, so I'll just throw it away" mentality you seem to have. It seems rather wasteful on your part and you're putting fellow CEG'ers out of a deal on used parts. Though it you're selling a used stock exhaust for nearly dealer price, I'm not sure how great a deal they'd get anyway.
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: Vote idiots off CEG? - 07/02/04 11:43 PM
Yay! I LOVE hearing $1,000 thundering about at the bottom of an empty dumpster!

Maybe he's not a troll...

but rather some form of "performance artiste."

Do they have those on other planets?

If he REALLY exists and really liked throwing money away like that, he'd instead own an old XKE Jaguar (Oh boy! My electrical system is shorted out AGAIN! Whoopee! Cash out a trust fund!); an old Italian sports car (Wowzers! I can't wait until my mechanic gets to set my valve lash again! It's already been 100 miles! Where's my stockbroker?); or a Saab Sonnett (I'm down to two cylinders again! Let's ride in taxi cabs until the parts boat arrives from Scandinavia via the Panama canal! Can I pay the engine rebuilder in Euros? I like to keep my car authentic!)

I have $2 that says he's home for the summer from high school or middle school. I apologize to any HS kids I may have just offended.

Thanks, but why would I need to do that? I already know the build number. That certificate, along w/ the original sticker, brochure, etc. is at home, on a shelf, in a closet.

Greetings moronic cerebrate. I come from planet Earth. A place where a majority of the people who are into cars actually know what they're talking about.

I "duly noted" that you asked if there was an SVT database in which you wished you could identify the build number of your supposed SVT. Later, you state you don't need the phone number to Ford SVT because you already have the certificate and build number in a frame stored in a closet. Suspicious? Absolutely.

Lastly, learn a rule of thumb while you're here: Bust Pete's balls and everyone will bust your balls, whether you like it or not.

Add another vote to the "AYE" for me, please.
Originally posted by SAV-ZX2:

Greetings moronic cerebrate. I come from planet Earth. A place where a majority of the people who are into cars actually know what they're talking about.

I "duly noted" that you asked if there was an SVT database in which you wished you could identify the build number of your supposed SVT. Later, you state you don't need the phone number to Ford SVT because you already have the certificate and build number in a frame stored in a closet. Suspicious? Absolutely.

Lastly, learn a rule of thumb while you're here: Bust Pete's balls and everyone will bust your balls, whether you like it or not.

AYE: 7
NAY: 0

Posted By: MeanGreen2 Re: MeanGreen2 = Bosal Owner :drools: - 07/03/04 12:56 AM
Originally posted by EvlBill:

I bought a Bosal and it sounded and looked like crap.

I asked for a hand-raiser for those that bought all 3, new, for their Contour.

Scott (scottd60) bought it off me after only a few months so he's had it too.

That's where I differ. I threw Bassani away, never dreaming of unloading something that I thought looked and sounded like crap on the 1st Scotty I came across, like you did.

And like Pete said, it's the whole "I don't like it, so I'll just throw it away" mentality you seem to have. It seems rather wasteful on your part and you're putting fellow CEG'ers out of a deal on used parts.

Am I the only source? No. My money, my choice...I'm not asking for permission to throw my stuff away. If you don't find it here, pick up a newspaper, go to a dump, look on ebay, etc...OR, I know...buy that used part when it's...new...like I did.

Though it you're selling a used stock exhaust for nearly dealer price, I'm not sure how great a deal they'd get anyway.

$125.00 for a SVT factory cat-back is nearly new dealer price? Really? Funny, I thought that was pretty much the going price for a used system.

I added $30.00 for shipping because 2 Fed-Ex drivers said "no problem"...1 UPS driver said "don't see why not"...called up Fed-Ex, gave them the measurements, the weight, the zip and they said "mmmmmmmmmmm, 'bout $29.00"...that's all before I priced the final cost. Wrapped it all up, walked in, got a price of $400.00+ and directions to the airport so it could be shipped as heavy-freight [45lbs...LOL]...sent the money back to the buyer and said F-it.

btw, I installed it on a local friend's mother-in-law's Contour for $100.00, as a favor, and because I'm a nice guy..and thanks again to whoever it was that gave me the tip on the P/S exhaust hanger. Turned out really sweet. :drools:
Posted By: SAV Re: MeanGreen2 = Bosal Owner :drools: - 07/03/04 12:58 AM
I don't trust anybody that can't even quote correctly.

I didn't ask about the database for myself, I asked for all the weepers that might like that number, just incase they felt like playing Jr. Detective on me.

Sorry that you were blown away by that. :giggle:

If the moderator/name-caller needs to be the biggest crier and tantrum thrower, just because he can't handle what I do with my money for my car, so be it..."so shall it be."

I recently threw my starter away.

It sounded funny and had already racked-up 40,000 miles on it...replaced it with Motorcraft, of course. Only one starter was more expensive, but it was special order, and I didn't feel like waiting.
Posted By: MeanGreen2 Re: MeanGreen2 = Bosal Owner :drool: - 07/03/04 01:16 AM
I don't trust anybody that can't even quote correctly.

--98Escort/SAV-ZX2, not quoting, at all
Okay, $125 is much more reasonable. I was referring to this post of yours further back which makes it look like you sold it for $400 plus shipping.

And yeah, I sold the Bosal to someone that LIKED it. So are you saying I should have just thrown it away when there was obviously someone else that might actually appreciate it?

I'm still trying to figure out if you're a stupid kid looking for attention who actually owns a Contour or a just a troll.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: Vote idiots off CEG? - 07/03/04 01:18 AM

I'm sure he owns a Del Sol or something with a big wing. . .

Hey now I own and drive a del sol....but I don't have a big wing on it. It does have a nice fart can on it

Anyways meangren pants needs to get off the fram band wagon. Seriously are they sponsoring you? do you get paid to advertise for them?
1. I'm not blown away at all, nor am I playing Junior Detective. I brought to light an obvious and glaring mistake on your part. Maybe moreso apalled that you have the nerve to continue posting.

2. Go ahead and recite your build number, if you so feel the need to brag about having it encased and such.

3. I don't give a flying [censored] what you did with your starter.

4. I'm going to defend Pete before I defend you because for one, he's been here a hella lot longer and is much more acquainted with everyone else here. Two, to become a moderator, one has to have exceptional behavior and knowledge. This is why Pete is the moderator and you are not.

5. See my previous post. You still need to learn how to quote correctly. Don't come back until you've at least figured that much out.

Okay, $125 is much more reasonable. I was referring to this post of yours further back which makes it look like you sold it for $400 plus shipping.

Apology accepted.

You got confused by the way the + was placed...easy to see why that could happen.

And yeah, I sold the Bosal to someone that LIKED it. So are you saying I should have just thrown it away when there was obviously someone else that might actually appreciate it?

Your money, your part, your choice...my part, my choice to trash it.

"To Each His Own"

I'm still trying to figure out if you're a stupid kid looking for attention who actually owns a Contour or a just a troll.

I'm trying to figure out why so many can be blown away by the filters, chips, x-hausts, etc...that I buy for my car with my money.

I don't need to be everybody's big brother, their source for used parts, when I'm only one Contour owner out of 1,000s and 1,000s.
This is all I can figure; Either your loaded, not to bright, or both. I can't think of anything else, except maybe a fibber. So which is it?
Hey, all I can tell is MeanGreen likes the icon...To each is own, but hey Green, how about PMing me that address of yours? I'll gladly dig through that big ole' dumpster...I'll even give ya a nickel. All this [censored] aside, please do post on how the Fram actually performs, because I, for one, am curious as to whether it's quality or gets, ahem, trashed...
Originally posted by SAV-ZX2 :
1. I'm not blown away at all, nor am I playing Junior Detective. I brought to light an obvious and glaring mistake on your part. Maybe moreso apalled that you have the nerve to continue posting.

You saw what you needed to see...I explained why I wrote what I did for all the Jr. Detectives out there.

2. Go ahead and recite your build number, if you so feel the need to brag about having it encased and such.

I never said encased...you're trying to make a bigger deal out of this than what's needed, agreed? I said that it was on a shelf...in my **closet**.

3. I don't give a flying [censored] what you did with your starter.

What about the Motorcraft battery then? You see, I had the flu for several days last winter...unable to start my SVT, the poor battery lost its ability to crank the engine over. I didn't trust it, opting to buy a replacement, instead of trying to charge it up. :rollseyes:

Made sense to me.

4. I'm going to defend Pete before I defend you because for one, he's been here a hella lot longer and is much more acquainted with everyone else here. Two, to become a moderator, one has to have exceptional behavior and knowledge. This is why Pete is the moderator and you are not.

Name calling and losing your load over what Contour owners buy for their very own cars with their very own money is a skill that is required for all moderators, or just Pete?

5. See my previous post. You still need to learn how to quote correctly. Don't come back until you've at least figured that much out.

Don't let it blow you away.
Originally posted by BStoneMega:
This is all I can figure; Either your loaded, not to bright, or both. I can't think of anything else, except maybe a fibber. So which is it?

Look at that mess!

Real simple...and easy for you to handle, if you'll just let it happen:

- My car
- My money
- My choice on options
- My opinion on what I like and don't like about what I buy for my car

If that absolutely rips brand new a-holes for so many at this group...their problem, not mine.

I come up with easy solutions.

If I get kicked-out for making way too many people cry about what I do with my money, causing them to pick fights, call names, post fake info, etc...so be it, so shall it be.
can we just lock this already???? im tired of all the damn flaming and bickering on this site. its getting old. honestly, who really gives a rats ass either way? its the internet for cryin out loud. if you really need to take arguments this far with people you have never met, then you need to get your life back in order.

this is in a technical section, and all thats being posted is bitching. its one thing to go back and forth in off topic forums, but just drop it already

take it to PMs, or just let it be. im tired of all the crap.
Posted By: MeanGreen2 Re: Vote idiots off CEG? - 07/03/04 02:18 AM

I'm sure he owns a Del Sol or something with a big wing. . .

Hey now I own and drive a del sol....but I don't have a big wing on it. It does have a nice fart can on it

Anyways meangren pants needs to get off the fram band wagon.

Why? Do you work for K&N?

If I get kicked-out for making way too many people cry about what I do with my money, causing them to pick fights, call names, post fake info, etc...so be it, so shall it be.

Instead of being kicked out, why not do everyone a favor and leave? You wouldn't be missed!
Originally posted by FreeProjectPat:
Hey, all I can tell is MeanGreen likes the icon...To each is own, but hey Green, how about PMing me that address of yours? I'll gladly dig through that big ole' dumpster...I'll even give ya a nickel. All this [censored] aside, please do post on how the Fram actually performs, because I, for one, am curious as to whether it's quality or gets, ahem, trashed...

I'll let you know about the filter. But I don't base my choices on power when I buy something. I look at the quality, does it rattle, is it rusting, is it causing it to vibrate, does it look better than before, etc...If Fram looks good and installs properly, it'll stay. If I have a problem with how a cheap paper filter fits and seals better than the expensive, reusable filter, it'll get removed.

Instead of being kicked out, why not do everyone a favor and leave? You wouldn't be missed!

Ouch. :rollseyes:
© CEG Archives