Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: WeaselBomb Any more news about Dtec? - 09/18/03 05:49 PM
Did those guys who ordered ever get there stuff? Are they even still in business? I really wanted to order one of their heatshields, but i haven't heard anything about them in awhile. Please update me on their fate.
Posted By: Barge Re: Any more news about Dtec? - 09/18/03 06:43 PM
My order that I ordered.. Oh.. in May or so hasn't showed up and I've never heard a word from them since they pretty much dropped off the face of the earth.
Posted By: LBVSVT_dup1 Re: Any more news about Dtec? - 09/18/03 08:31 PM
Same thing here. I'm not done with this yet though ...
Posted By: Taynar_dup1 Re: Any more news about Dtec? - 09/18/03 09:18 PM
I paid on June 5th. Haven't heard even a whisper from Chad or Alex. I've e-mailed both. And I've e-mail Chad since he changed his addy on Paypal.
I paid through paypal. I put in a transaction dispute with paypal on July 28th. Paypal didn't even call me about it. If it's over 30 days, who cares over there. I called them again recently, and they said they notified him of the dispute (no other action was taken by paypal though), and that if they recieve enough disputes to the same account, they'll actually investigate it. So if you paid by paypal, and haven't recieved anything yet. Put in a dispute. It might do some good. If you did actually get a response please let me know.
If I had a postal address for him I'd look into legal actions against him. I know it'll cost more than the heatshield cost. But I'd hope to get a response that way. See if he still exists.
I'm ranting so I'll stop.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: Any more news about Dtec? - 09/18/03 09:21 PM
I ordered mine on may 8th and i am will all of youll. but unless LB comes up with anything i am through with it.
Posted By: 94ex Re: Any more news about Dtec? - 09/18/03 11:53 PM
I recently talked to Chad, and he and Alex are no longer in business together, since Chad has now moved to Cali. Chad is though looking for a place out in Cali to start mass producing the heatsheilds, so he said to look for them to be coming out again, but just under a different name. I'm sure that everything will work out for those who are have already paid.
Posted By: Barge Re: Any more news about Dtec? - 09/18/03 11:58 PM
Well seeing as how I can't use it anymore since I have a flangeless MAF and it's designed for a flange I just want my money back. I'll make my own thank you very much.
Posted By: Freakshow Re: Any more news about Dtec? - 09/19/03 02:07 AM
Originally posted by COntour:
I recently talked to Chad, and he and Alex are no longer in business together, since Chad has now moved to Cali. Chad is though looking for a place out in Cali to start mass producing the heatsheilds, so he said to look for them to be coming out again, but just under a different name. I'm sure that everything will work out for those who are have already paid.

Gee I wonder why he's gonna start back up under a different name...wonder if it has anything to do with the umpteen people on CEG that they F@CKED OVER without so much as a "hey sorry we're having issues here but we haven't forgotten your order or your money"
I would love to have one of those heatshields but after what I saw those jerkoffs pull I wouldn't order a Happy Meal from them.
Posted By: Barge Re: Any more news about Dtec? - 09/19/03 02:26 AM
Yeah.. if he does come back I hope no one orders anything from him... heck he shouldn't even be allowed back on CEG.
Posted By: MotorCity Re: Any more news about Dtec? - 09/19/03 02:27 AM
I would be submitting mail fraud charges to the postal service .
Posted By: JEDsContour Re: Any more news about Dtec? - 09/20/03 07:23 AM
I may be the first CEG member to purchase a heat shield from these guys through their "Group Buy." I did receive mine, but even then there were clear indications they were going to have problems such as delays and no communication.

Sometimes nothing kills a small manufacturing business quicker than too much success. I think that once these guys got behind on fabrication there was no way they would ever catch up.

Needless to say they should at least make refunds, as keeping the money is thievery.

Something tells me that they probably do read these postsâ?¦but not using their original handles!

Chad, Alex return these peopleâ??s money â?? you did nothing to earn it, and in our connected world, this will come back to haunt you.
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Any more news about Dtec? - 09/20/03 07:35 AM
makes sense to me, but it's extremely horrible that they took the time to start a business with a web site and all, and just disappear after taking dozens of people's money including mine. The only reason I bought through them is because they were a CEG business and well respected by most of the members here. I guess trust is nothing. I just want my heatshield
Posted By: akrump47 Re: Any more news about Dtec? - 09/20/03 06:56 PM
Originally posted by JEDsContour:

Needless to say they should at least make refunds, as keeping the money is thievery.

Chad, Alex return these peopleâ??s money â?? you did nothing to earn it, and in our connected world, this will come back to haunt you.

Or at least make an effort to contact buyers and inform them of delays ...

Makes you wonder if Chad was hauled off to jail all of the sudden and was unable to contact buyers and recify the situation. Otherwise there's no excuse for not following through on some level.
Chad seemed like a nice guy too, I bought a used strut off him in the spring to replace one of mine that was damaged in an ice accident.
Oh well . . .
© CEG Archives