Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Mancho What can I do? - 03/19/03 03:19 AM
I get terrible heat soak and what is the best thing i can do to solve the problem...also i relocated the battery to the trunk...The tray is still there until I know what i want to do and get an intake for my car
Posted By: Mancho Re: What can I do? - 03/20/03 03:26 PM
can someone try to help me out thanks...
Posted By: SVT24 Re: What can I do? - 03/20/03 03:31 PM
Try a search next time. I typed in "Heat Shield and got a ton of things.

Posted By: Mancho Re: What can I do? - 03/21/03 03:27 AM
I dont want to put an heat shield and I did do a search and discovered nothing that I wanted to do...I did relocate my battery to the trunk and i was wondering what kind of set up should I do for my intake...
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: What can I do? - 03/21/03 03:41 AM
okay...

If you don't want to install a heatshield and you are complaining about heatsoak I strongly suggest you re-install the stock airbox. (which you proceeded to destroy by cutting it up!)

If you don't like that idea you are just plain SOL...

There is NO OTHER WAY to stop the filter from getting heatsoak then either protecting it from the hot underhood air wash with a heatshield (which you don't want to do!) or enclosing it in an airbox with an OUTSIDE THE UNDERHOOD ONLY air draw. (which is how it came stock!)

How exactly do you plan to stop the heatsoak otherwise?
Posted By: HoosierContour_dup1 Re: What can I do? - 03/21/03 03:46 AM
Relocate you air filter in the fender liner, install a intercooler, or run a coolant line from your A/C.
Posted By: BillyT_dup1 Re: What can I do? - 07/26/06 08:25 PM
Does changing the thermostat to a cooler one help any?
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: What can I do? - 07/26/06 11:16 PM
3 1/2 years!!! NEW RECORD!!
Posted By: pimpdcontour Re: What can I do? - 07/27/06 12:49 AM
Originally posted by posthuman63t:

WOW this should just get locked!! pointless
Posted By: Tourgasm Re: What can I do? - 07/27/06 07:12 PM
Would an intercooler help a NA car?
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: What can I do? - 07/27/06 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Tourgasm:

I was gonna do that, but my friend who is a great mechanic said my muffler bearings were shot. So what I plan to do instead is drop a Mustang GT V-8 into my car and supercharge it. My budget is $600 so I'll have to find all the parts cheap. Can anybody help me out??
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: What can I do? - 07/27/06 07:45 PM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Originally posted by Tourgasm:

I was gonna do that, but my friend who is a great mechanic said my muffler bearings were shot. So what I plan to do instead is drop a Mustang GT V-8 into my car and supercharge it. My budget is $600 so I'll have to find all the parts cheap. Can anybody help me out??

Try this...
http://www.electricsupercharger.com/

They have the best deals you'll find on supercharging.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: What can I do? - 07/28/06 01:40 AM
Originally posted by pimpdcontour:
Originally posted by posthuman63t:

WOW this should just get locked!! pointless

No way! This is why we have an archive. It is OBVIOUS that he is using search function to find it right? Don't we tell Newbies to search? And then we [censored] at them for reviving an old post.

Posted By: TRicker Re: What can I do? - 07/28/06 02:58 AM
yeah those tapered muffler bearings, dual donkulator valve, and piston return springs are pretty spendy.....LOL
Posted By: Tourige Re: What can I do? - 07/28/06 03:20 AM
Originally posted by BillyT:

shoot yourself in the face.

If you want colder air, try changing your blinker fluid.
Posted By: muntus Re: What can I do? - 07/28/06 06:44 AM
I relocated my air filter to the trunk and it seemed to help.
Posted By: muntus Re: What can I do? - 07/28/06 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Mancho:
I dont want to put an heat shield and I did do a search and discovered nothing that I wanted to do...I did relocate my battery to the trunk and i was wondering what kind of set up should I do for my intake...

PM GMK(Grand Master Khan) over on NECO is you want to go for a CAI(cold air induction). It is probably what you're looking for, but is not a bolt in operation.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: What can I do? - 07/28/06 07:40 PM
Wow can people ever just help out with being complete asshats? Some of the oldest jokes off the internet are being posted in this thread, har har
Posted By: Tourige Re: What can I do? - 07/28/06 08:01 PM
Originally posted by BatteryLight:
Wow can people ever just help out with being complete asshats? Some of the oldest jokes off the internet are being posted in this thread, har har

When someone posts something as stupid as

"Does changing the thermostat to a cooler one help any? "

There is nothing else to do but poke fun and make them cry, as they obiously know nothing about cars or how they work.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: What can I do? - 07/28/06 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Tourige:

Take your own advice!

BTW, how are people ever going to learn?! I came onto CEG knowing nothing at all, thanks to useful people on this site, I've learned quite a bit.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: What can I do? - 07/28/06 08:30 PM

What are you in middle school??

BillyT--Here is an old post about cooler tstats

edit-no, a cooler tstat won't do anything for heatsoak
Posted By: muntus Re: What can I do? - 07/28/06 08:31 PM

There is nothing else to do but poke fun and make them cry, as they obiously know nothing about cars or how they work.

The guy who originally posted this thread is not the same guy that asked about the thermostat. I think you can either poke fun and make cry those who need to be taught, or teach them. I prefer to do both, but sometimes I'm lazy so I only make fun.

Heat soak = the air going into the intake is too hot. The cooler thermostat will do nothing to cool down the air going in the engine. A heatshield would, but for some reason, the homes doesn't want to.

The only other alternative I see if you want to retain the open air filter is to run a Cold Air Intake. GMK on NECO makes them and you can PM him for pricing and such. If you do a search, you can get an idea of what a CAI is.
Posted By: Tourige Re: What can I do? - 07/28/06 08:39 PM

Take your own advice!

BTW, how are people ever going to learn?! I came onto CEG knowing nothing at all, thanks to useful people on this site, I've learned quite a bit.

Your welcome.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: What can I do? - 07/28/06 09:15 PM
I honestly just think it's stupid to even argue about this. The original poster, posted this 3 years ago. I mean...this is stupid.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: What can I do? - 07/29/06 01:42 PM

If you want colder air, try changing your blinker fluid.

As already stated, Tourige, there is no need for this condescending "greater-than-thou" attitude we've been seeing from you (not even for "the past few days", but a while, now..)

I'm going to put it out there.
  • If you can't help someone.. stop trying. Let them go.. someone else will help.
  • If you can't teach someone, stop talking. Interjecting with rude comments about questions that aren't far off caliber from your own is just mean. NOT funny.
  • Oh, and if you can't stop doing those things... then you can stop posting.

I can control one of the three. Let's not try to guess which one, and be wrong. Cool?

Posted By: jitb Re: What can I do? - 07/29/06 10:23 PM
this is why noone searches.. its so hard to find information without a argument or a flamefest..

me personally i changed my thermostat, and i forgot to put the splashshield back on, and i dont know if it was the thermostat, or the lack of splashield, but my coolant temps are alot cooler. i dont know if anyone on here has tried the phenolic spacers i used them on my INtake mnifold on the v6 2.6 in my protege..

work well

http://www.outlawengineering.com/tech.html
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: What can I do? - 07/30/06 12:57 AM
You think its cooler, NOW...

Put your splash shield back on, in combination with a cooler thermostat, and watch them go down even more.

The lower splash shield works by creating a low pressure region to DRAW air THROUGH the radiator, instead of hitting it and going around. (path of least resistance..)

You are seeing cooler temps due to the thermo, but not as low as they WOULD be with the shield on.
Posted By: jitb Re: What can I do? - 07/30/06 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Ray:
You think its cooler, NOW...

Put your splash shield back on, in combination with a cooler thermostat, and watch them go down even more.

The lower splash shield works by creating a low pressure region to DRAW air THROUGH the radiator, instead of hitting it and going around. (path of least resistance..)

You are seeing cooler temps due to the thermo, but not as low as they WOULD be with the shield on.

im not sure if i bought the cooler thermostat.. but ive been lazy and havent been under the car to put the shield back on... thatnx for the info..
Posted By: BillyT_dup1 Re: What can I do? - 07/30/06 10:06 PM

That's ok, I don't expect much good advice from wise ass little punk ass bitch3s like you. This $3000 weak ass 4-dr Ricer-Beloved Ford V6 happens to be my beater car. On my 12 second, 400 hp heads/cam/headers/ram-air/dyno-tuned LS1 Convertible Camaro, swapping the tstat for a 160 was a very common mod used to reduce engine temps, but I guess sh*t-talking poser faggots like you wouldn't know about cars that make real power.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: What can I do? - 07/30/06 10:26 PM
BillyT:

I cannot BELIEVE I stepped in to STOP the harassment to you. I wanted to foster social relationships and information. You have just smashed that option to pieces. Language such as that is UNACCEPTABLE.

If you use it again, you WILL be banned.. You are warned.

Oh, and yes, I might know a little something about driving a high power car on a daily basis.

This bashing has ended.. I am not playing.

Posted By: BillyT_dup1 Re: What can I do? - 07/31/06 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Ray:
BillyT:

I cannot BELIEVE I stepped in to STOP the harassment to you. I wanted to foster social relationships and information. You have just smashed that option to pieces. Language such as that is UNACCEPTABLE.

If you use it again, you WILL be banned.. You are warned.

Oh, and yes, I might know a little something about driving a high power car on a daily basis.

This bashing has ended.. I am not playing.

I didn't see your post until after I posted mine.

Anyway, sorry for my language, but I would think it's a bit worse for your site to have guys like him turning away new users like me by telling me to shoot myself in the face because I asked a simple question, than it is having me fire back at him for making such a whacked out comment.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: What can I do? - 07/31/06 06:39 PM
They are both unacceptable, and both are warned offenses. Let's move on, post haste.

© CEG Archives